Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4 x Super Skunk x Grape Crush

Mmmmick

As in my completed UFO 90w grow I am doing a test grow with the 126w HGL light to determine for myself what this light can or cannot do. Not to take anything away from any other current grows under this light but there is no substitute for personal experience.
I did not pay full retail for this unit but I will say up front that I am not associated with HGL other than as an owner of one of their lights. I will make an effort to get the best result I can, as I would in any grow regardless the light source. This grow will not use supplemental lighting of any sort.
I do NOT want to hear about personalities in this thread. All the HGL hate posts are covered extensively in many other journals, so feel free to continue those threads if you wish. Please don't bring it here. I wish a satisfactory resolution to any grower who has an issue with HGL, but I have had none to date and I don't want this thread to be filled with anything but mutual respect for the plants we all love and the people growing them.

:thanks: for your cooperation in this.

I am planning 4 Super Skunk x Grape Crush clones under a 19x24 inch screen.
126w HGL led 60 degree dispersion
promix with dolomite
3 gallon pots(depending on veg time, possibly 2 gallon)
Botanicare Super Blend Pro nutes
24/0 veg lighting

Clones were taken Dec 25th and put on hold due to changes in my grow room. Grow area built, torn down and rebuilt (not quite complete) due to a new commitment to trial a new led design elsewhere. The new area is 40x60 in 2 chambers, currently 40x40 and 20x40. The 126w will hang in the 20x40 chamber.

Due to the total disruption of the grow area I will be a little slow getting pics up but I do have the inital pics of the clones. I'll try to get things rolling normally asap, please bear with me.

clones from dec25th.

HPIM3412.JPG

As always I am open to comments and suggestions/discussion of my approach to growing.

Re: Mmmmick HGL 126w demo scrog 4xSuper Skunk x Grape Crush

Hi sisco, welcome brother.

The clones are hangin in, some of them start a little funky but they'll settle down. Gotta get the cabinet sorted out so the pics can start rolling.

G'day mate, I'm in for this. I wanna see what these 126w lights can do.
I'm also always keen to learn more about scrog or any yeild increasing techniques for that matter. Good luck with this one brother.:peace:

Mmmmick I'm here! Looking forward to watching those pretty girls of yours of yours grow into women! I have brought my good chair so I can get comfortable here! Good Luck with your new grow!

Sup Mick!? I'll be watching this grow as well as your other. Love the testing you do. You guinea pig this stuff for a lot of peoples benefit. Thanks.

L8ER

Where did you find that strain. Attitude seeds? Grape sure sounds good.

good luck, hope you can make that light live up to its hype. you definetly have the skills

wct

hi wct welcome.

I traded an Afi clone with a friend. I'm not sure if he bought the seeds or crossed it himself. The grape flavour is there along with a very mild skunk. I expect that both will intensify with better airflow in my new cabinet. My 90w grow was a little stifled I think. It does provide a good head high, slightly trippy for 20 -30 minutes. Mild, pleasant body stone, no couchlock. I harvested a little early as well so the effects night be a little stronger with more complete flowering. Overall effects last 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
I'm not targetting any particular result as the claims are rarely relevant to our favorite plant. my aim is to do as clean a grow as possible and let the results speak, whether good or bad. And, of course, gain experience as I grow. I don't think any real benchmark has been established yet for any of the led designs available now. So the more grows we get under the various designs, the better we can understand the real performance of this tech. It's fun to play with them and educational as well and perhaps our efforts will help people see what can or can't be done.

My skills are still in the developement stage much like our favorite new toys, but thank you for the compliment wct.

G'day mate, I'm in for this. I wanna see what these 126w lights can do.
I'm also always keen to learn more about scrog or any yeild increasing techniques for that matter. Good luck with this one brother.:peace:

Hi groover, I hope to get a clean grow in to help with benchmarking performance. You and I can learn together, it's all still relatively new to me. Please feel free to speak up if you see anything strange going on. Sometimes I am too close to what I am doing to see what may be obvious to others.
:welcome:

Mmmmick I'm here! Looking forward to watching those pretty girls of yours of yours grow into women! I have brought my good chair so I can get comfortable here! Good Luck with your new grow!

Hi JC welcome brother. I am also looking forward to that. My first single strain grow, should be fun.
Thank you.

You know I wouldn't miss any grow you do my friend Mmmmick:grinjoint:

Hi OMM welcome aboard, I would feel there was something missing without your presence. Thanks for sitting in.

heheh, I hope Joanne finishes before these girls.

Sup Mick!? I'll be watching this grow as well as your other. Love the testing you do. You guinea pig this stuff for a lot of peoples benefit. Thanks.

L8ER

Hey grooster, thanks. I hope there's something worthwhile to come out of all this no matter the result. It'll be great to help establish a reasonable expectation level.
Welcome aboard.

hey Scooby, welcome and thanks. A little luck can't hurt.;)

yo M whats up back in the seat for another run? i know its early but cant wait to see what the new setup and 126w will do! :popcorn::roorrip:

yo M whats up back in the seat for another run? i know its early but cant wait to see what the new setup and 126w will do! :popcorn::roorrip:

Hi AG13 welcome aboard.
Yeah it's time to go again, I hope for a better grow this time around. Practise makes perfect,lol.

Nice to see you up and growing again my friend. I'm gonna find me a spot some where here with-in this nice sized crowd. Excuse me, my bad I didn't mean to step on any1. Hay there's a spot. Aww... pops the top to an ice cold Bud Ice & fires up the :rollit: and passes it around.. I can't wait to see what these ladies can do.. That's what I get for being late...lol

Nice to see you up and growing again my friend. I'm gonna find me a spot some where here with-in this nice sized crowd. Excuse me, my bad I didn't mean to step on any1. Hay there's a spot. Aww... pops the top to an ice cold Bud Ice & fires up the :rollit: and passes it around.. I can't wait to see what these ladies can do.. That's what I get for being late...lol

Hi MI. I'm sure there's a decent seat for you buddy. Especially since you brought the brews. Welcome.

YO! just dropping in to say Hola! how are the girls doing? You got any more pics? Let me see! JK no pressure or anything just would like to see the clones once in a while... OK so what do they look like? NO,NO don't hurry I can wait.

OK so whats up with the pics?

YO! just dropping in to say Hola! how are the girls doing? You got any more pics? Let me see! JK no pressure or anything just would like to see the clones once in a while... OK so what do they look like? NO,NO don't hurry I can wait.

OK so whats up with the pics?

heheh, hurry up and wait.

The stretching was done purposely due to the thick growth this strain puts out.
I'm thinking of starting from scratch because 2 out of 4 of these clones have been fried by my recent ph/def issue. 2 of them look reasonably good but the affected pair have some burnt, twisted leaves and growth has been retarded. I'd like to start with 4 uniform plants, so there won't be any reason to point them out as a weak point later on. I have a friend who will grow out the 2 happy ones.
The first 2 clones I took from this strain a few months ago had weird growth early on then sorted out into good looking plants. The front two have the same kind of skinny, poorly formed leaves but also damage from PH/Definiency issues and are late in correcting their issues compared to my intial clones of a few months ago.
So, what do ya think? Should I just grow these 4 and see how they work out or take fresh clones and begin again?

IMG_04372.JPG

IMG_04381.JPG

Back
Top Bottom