Modest Grower Tests Out Mars Hydro's FC6500

I trimmed this down further after but I took a picture in the process. Flash is on due to poor lighting.

20211114_124826.jpg

I'm still trimming up some bud and cleaning out the tent for the next wave of plants. I ran out of room in my 21 liter Cvault so I'm pulling some of this pheno (a lot that is left) to press som rosin and make a lot of MCT oil infused with the leftover pucks. Without and with flash. Too lazy to find good light tonight. Sorry!

20211117_194831.jpg
20211117_194842.jpg

I'm still trimming up some bud and cleaning out the tent for the next wave of plants. I ran out of room in my 21 liter Cvault so I'm pulling some of this pheno (a lot that is left) to press som rosin and make a lot of MCT oil infused with the leftover pucks. Without and with flash. Too lazy to find good light tonight. Sorry!

20211117_194831.jpg
20211117_194842.jpg
Ran out of room , dammmmmmmm ! Hell yeah brother Modest!!!!

@HashFart I can trim out some stems on some of the colas I was lazy on but there's still a good amount I need to take care of hanging. Plan is to press like a mad man tonight and use the pucks for oil probably for the weekend.
20211117_201009.jpg

Press on brother press on , that why you got the thing , we are dab smokers now peasants hahahha jk ,,,, I really hope I'm able to fill my big cvault too
Your vault will definitely be full before you know it. I was going to use my new micron bags for hash but I read your comment on ease of use pressing compared to making bubble hash and I think I'll just keep them new and bring them back to the US for later endeavors or as a gift. Yeah Xmas gift. Perfect

Your vault will definitely be full before you know it. I was going to use my new micron bags for hash but I read your comment on ease of use pressing compared to making bubble hash and I think I'll just keep them new and bring them back to the US for later endeavors or as a gift. Yeah Xmas gift. Perfect
I will always have a love for the bubble hash , I like to hang the plant after I remove all the fan leaves ,,,, then when it's hanging I will set the bubble hash bucket below it and do my sugar leaf trim , it's like a garbage can ready for a hash wash any time , but the wash is a nightmare I just did a tutorial on it and my press was staring me in the eye as I worked my back, I pressed sugar leafs and it came out awesome I should of called myself rosinfart but at the time I didn't even know what rosin was

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's a bit gray, hazy, and a tad chilly here today. I'm going to make some homemade lasagna noodles and all today. Before heading out to the store I figured I'd get the next grow started here!

The next plants have been moved under the FC6500 and have already shown signs they love their new home. 6 total currently, and I believe there are 3 male and 3 female although one female is a bit of a surprise. Strains are Grand daddy Purple and Somango.

These plants have been neglected a bit so I will be getting them back to health as my first objective. I'm debating how many males I want to keep and where/when I will move them to limit pollination (I'm really playing with fire at this point). They have been under 12/12 light for about a week. I'll send another update on the plants and strains after I clean them up a bit. They had a chilly night and I took the pic at first light.

20211127_095636.jpg

Shit I didn't know this was here until I read about it in your 2x4 thread. I hope it's okay if I start from right...NOW!
Hey @InTheShed Thanks for stopping by! You are always welcome to hop in and out as is everyone else! Eventually, I hope to consolidate my grows into one perpetual journal but as I am showcasing two different lights my journals are bifurcated for obvious reasons. Happy Saturday!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Things are looking good in the tent today but I need to remove the males asap. I'll keep 1 alive somewhere and collect pollen when its time.
20211201_174815.jpg
Get those swingin dichs out of there....its makin me nervous. :nervous-guy:

Get those swingin dichs out of there....its makin me nervous. :nervous-guy:
Me too! I have never grown a male so I wasn't sure exactly how long I had. I moved them out into a separate 2x4. Surpised by yet another female. I was going to chop the runt thinking it was a male but apparently, it is a female and a late bloomer. This was the one the was super purple early on. I figure since I have the space and the light we will see what she gives us.

I also transplanted 3 out of the 4 from 3 gallon fabric pots to 5 gallon buckets. I would prefer fabric pots but it was sort of a spur the moment type thing. Glad I did it though, the roots were ready.

20211202_173456.jpg

I really went to town super cropping one of the males. Not exactly sure what my logic was but basically, let's see what's in these jeans. The male tent is surprisingly skunky.

20211202_173845.jpg

20211202_173908.jpg

Me too! I have never grown a male so I wasn't sure exactly how long I had. I moved them out into a separate 2x4. Surpised by yet another female. I was going to chop the runt thinking it was a male but apparently, it is a female and a late bloomer. This was the one the was super purple early on. I figure since I have the space and the light we will see what she gives us.

I also transplanted 3 out of the 4 from 3 gallon fabric pots to 5 gallon buckets. I would prefer fabric pots but it was sort of a spur the moment type thing. Glad I did it though, the roots were ready.

20211202_173845.jpg
Good god man!

You super cropped those tree trunks!??!

Good god man!

You super cropped those tree trunks!??!
I figured for what we are doing, we only need a few pollen sacs (correct terminology?) So if they survived that was some sign of good genes and if not we still got pollen. Much rosin and thc oil was at play to be honest.

I get home from work pretty tired so I had myself a party to get things moving.

Anyone know when I should prepare to capture the pollen? Any suggestions appreciated. I'm thinking either bags over branches or some sort of paper tray below
I'd go with a small jar with a tight lid. Never done it myself yet, but got some sts and that's what came with it.

I'd go with a small jar with a tight lid. Never done it myself yet, but got some sts and that's what came with it.
Whats the deal with STS? I've "half arsed" tried colloidal silver and some hormone G something. But never really had luck. That is what intrigued me about just doing regular seeds and having this light coverage from the FC6500. The hornone i tried on the plants that starts with a G is used to make seedless fruit

Hi @Modest Grower I'm very late but can I pull up a chair? I've never seen an all male tent and your harvest buds look great-regardless of lighting...also interested in your pressing. I've never done it and really want a press from Santa...that seems like a lot of bud for pressing? Is it, cause I am a virgin to all this jazz...

Whats the deal with STS? I've "half arsed" tried colloidal silver and some hormone G something. But never really had luck. That is what intrigued me about just doing regular seeds and having this light coverage from the FC6500. The hornone i tried on the plants that starts with a G is used to make seedless fruit
It's basically the same principle as the colloidal silver. I never got around to playing with it, but did get a few auto reg seeds. So I'll basically be doing the same as you, my goal will be to keep a steady stock of pollen in storage for making a few personal crosses.

Back
Top Bottom