Mono's Coco Adventures

Again, dunno the coco nutes but the boys at the shop told me the Canna hydro ones have more buffering built in to make it easier to get the right pH and keep it there while the plant does it's thing with the solution compared to the Ionic ones I've been using. Soil nutes are, I hear, quite different to hydro nutes and do not hold the nutrients in a form that can be used by plants directly.....I think the nutrients in soil feed get converted by the soil before the plant uses them but in hydro the nutrients need to come out the bottle in useable form.

Or something like that....? :)

The coco nutes are pretty much exactly the same as the hydro ones as far as I know. Maybe a slight difference but when I read the back of the bottles it says it's suitable for all hydro and soil less growing methods so probably just the same thing in different containers lol.

Your totally right about the way nutrients are designed for soil. I wonder if they are of a lower concentration in the soil nutrients too since the soil already contains quite a lot of the basic nutrients.

;)

Well, well, well

I finally got around to putting the second tent back up. The critical hog was looking quite big in the small boiler cupboard. Looks tiny now she is in the tent under the 250 watt HPS.

I've also got a special kush #1 in there from royal queen seeds. She is growing in good old canna terra pro soil for the moment anyway. I will probably flower her in soil since I've got enough kicking about to fill a 20 litre pot :)

Gave Critical Hog her first feeding of the coco nutrients when she went into the tent. Will be interesting to see how she responds... Hopefully no deficiencies arise or I may have to write an email to canna asking why their soil nutrients perform better in coco than the coco specific nutrients ;)

Anyway, Pics of the now 'veg tent' -

P1040605.JPG
P1040607.JPG
P10406081.JPG
P1040606.JPG

looking great mono. I may get myself a rockwool cube and practice growing a plant in it. I know you suggested canna nutrients, but I got this other fertilizer (mainly because of price) and I'm loving it so far. it doesn't stink and my girls are loving it too. it's called nature's source plant food. it has everything in it and it's made from organic (oilseed extract) and synthetic sources.

looking great mono. I may get myself a rockwool cube and practice growing a plant in it. I know you suggested canna nutrients, but I got this other fertilizer (mainly because of price) and I'm loving it so far. it doesn't stink and my girls are loving it too. it's called nature's source plant food. it has everything in it and it's made from organic (oilseed extract) and synthetic sources.

Thanks, B!

You will need a reservoir or something for the roots to grow into if you are only using the one cube. (as far as I know) lol. Those nutrients sound perfect, it's all the same stuff in the end, just in a different bottle ;)

Wow Mono

:adore:

You're a valued member around here! Cannabis Connoisseur is a title that suites you well! Can't wait until I represent such a title.

Keep it up, Mono!

Good lad i also only use hps although led are starting to tickle my fancy but iv heard plants take longer to bloom under led.and arnt sure led could match the veg growth i get from using 600 watt hps.iv always used 600 watt hps for flower and veg plants love it ha ha;)

It's confirmed.

Critical Hog is going to be a 1 plant scrog. 4x4

Wonder if I can pull over a gram per watt ;)

Holy moley.... Monos going for copse in the veg tent !!

Cant wait to watch her fill that space... Stock up the veg nutes matey, your gonna need em....
:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

I
Ahh your tempted to go over to the dark side and join the LED club :high-five:. I have heard really good things about the mars hydro and I think it would suit your situation very well indeed.

You said you've got the new area sorted out. Any thoughts on how many plants your going to run?

Trip to the pub was good, first time Mrs Mono and I have had a drink outside the house in about three years haha.

Glad to see things are taking a turn for the better for you matey :Namaste:

Still not sure how many plants mate.... Considering a main grow space, plus a dual use other space... Kinda thinking of building a small vegging box, using the cfl to get girls started off... Then put em into main space... The vegging box wouls then be used as a drying box... Utilising the filter to kill smells and supply fresh air into the space....

My space build had to take a back seat, to the husky run.. Including materials..

I plan to make it similar to first growspace.., all out of sight, but hiding in plain sight... Air extraction feeding into a lidded bucket... The bucket can then contain " odour blocks or air freshner blocks... So any residual smells get mixed as it flows into and out of bucket... All hidden like last time... I am totally skint at the moment, cant even afford a smoke at the mo... Had a few charity smokes to tide me over... Gotta get my grow going asafp.... Thats why i am aiming to go perpeptual....

The anti-inflammatory properties help me.... I have a stubborn problem with one of my legs.... Its an old mans problem, but i have it.... Its called Phlebitis... Infection and painful inflamation of varicose veins.... Constant pain, burns like hell... Building the husky run made it really bad... Im dropping ibuprofen 4 times a day, 2 tablets... Had it over a month and im really fed up with it...

:Namaste:

I

Still not sure how many plants mate.... Considering a main grow space, plus a dual use other space... Kinda thinking of building a small vegging box, using the cfl to get girls started off... Then put em into mainly space... The vegging box wouls then be used as a drying box... Utilising the filter to kill smells and supply fresh air into the space....

My space build had to take a back seat, to the husky run.. Including materials..

I plan to make it similar to first growspace.., all out of sight, but hiding in plain sight... Air extraction feeding into a lidded bucket... The bucket can then contain " odour blocks or air freshner blocks... So any residual smells get mixed as it flows into and out of bucket... All hidden like last time... I am totally skint at the moment, cant even afford a smoke at the mo... Had a few charity smokes to tide me over... Gotta get my grow going asafp.... Thats why i am aiming to go perpeptual....

The anti-inflammatory properties help me.... I have a stubborn problem with one of my legs.... Its an old mans problem, but i have it.... Its called Phlebitis... Infection and painful inflamation of varicose veins.... Constant pain, burns like hell... Building the husky run made it really bad... Im dropping ibuprofen 4 times a day, 2 tablets... Had it over a month and im really fed up with it...

:Namaste:

That's horrible news to hear mate, hope the doc is able to get things sorted out quickly so you can get back to the growing :). At least It gives you a little bit more time to get everything planned out.

Sounds like it's going to be a super stealthy operation ;);)

Back
Top Bottom