Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I harvested the Orient Express x NepJam and Purple Satellite this morning. I didn't get pics before harvest. This is almost the last of my very organically saturated 3rd run soil. I'm glad to be finishing it. I've been having problems with most of my plants in it. The flowers still have been turning out pretty nicely though.
Smoking on a sampler I took off the OExNJ a few days back. It's got an organic forest smell to it. The flavor isn't there yet in this sample, but it seems like it will be similar to the NepJam I grew recently. Big fat buds on this thing. The pictures don't convey it properly, but these colas are dense!

The Purple Satellite managed to finish without any hermie issues. Which I was expecting because I threw it straight from 18/6 lighting into 11/13. It didn't produce very well, but I can tell it reverted to vegetative state at some point early on. Probably when I took the clone from my outdoor plant. It was mostly covered in 3 bladed leaves and grew really slowly for me. It smells like a musty old cabin. Old wood, leather, dried herbs, and mustiness. It went through a stage recently where it stunk of old dried up piss. I'm happy with the transformation. I was afraid it was going to smell like the old guy sitting at the end of the bar at harvest.

Peace

Glad they finished without nanners :thumb:

Looking very nice Morg! Congrats on another mighty fine harvest! :high-five:
Thank Ween! The OExNJ wasn't quite as bulky as I was anticipating, but it grows large, very tight buds. It should be an excellent specimen to tame a leggy sativa.
How long did the purple Sat go for?
It went 8 weeks, which was quicker than I anticipated. With the fact that it was from outdoors and revegged, I don't know how close it is to the actual time frame it would have flowered in. There was little vigor in it indoors, although the initial plant grew just fine, until I put it outside in a challenging climate. The pistols were all orange and withdrawn since the 7th week. It's got a nice buzz, but it doesn't have legs. I'm hitting again after half an hour. I didn't think that's genetic, so I'd say it should have gone longer.
Glad they finished without nanners :thumb:
Yep, that's a worry, after the way my other one behaved. And I don't need a room full of seeds right now... :eek:

I'll have to give the strain another spin. I've got 4 more seeds to hunt through.

Nice harvest! :thumb:

:rofl: i’m going to be both worrying about that and laughing about that right from seed drop when i grow it now!
Thank you!

I don't think you need to worry to much as, I don't believe my plant was a good representation of the strain. It was a bit off from the get go. Nothing like my other one, or any that I've seen people grow on here.

I have had a few plants develope a strong urine smell in flower. This one was late enough, I was afraid it was going to stick until harvest. I really think the plant should have gone a couple more weeks. All of the pistols changed weeks ago and it's barely been drinking though, which is normally a good sign that they're done. I need to test it once it dries properly, but the buzz seems to short, like it was harvested early. I'd give the cut another go, but my clone shriveled up and died early on. I'll have to wait until I pop the other ones.

Maybe I'll try a couple in a new spot outdoors next year.

I snapped a few pics in the grow room today.

I popped 4 seeds from my first run of ThaiPan. They were from my squat Mulanje that hermied on me, so we'll have to see how they hold up in that regard, but... I had 3 pop and one of them has an actual nice bush structure to it, with very little work. I tied down the top in two spots and got this structure.

I trimmed it up and stuck a cage on it. It'll be going into flower next weekend probably. I have a feeling it's still going to be a stretcher.

My Purple Malawi are turning on the sugar leaves already. Normally this doesn't happen until the very end. The cool season is bringing out the colors.

Speaking of purple. Both parents of Zamal Bliss are purple, but Ace states that they typically are green. I'm seeing purple in the close up.

And lastly, a bit of Bubba Hash when it got trimmed yesterday. I love the smell of this stuff....

Peace

Nice looking flowers on the Purple Malawi!

That Bubba Hash is looking mighty tasty as well!
Wow I zoomed in on that Purple Malawi beautiful picture, that Bubba Hash doesn't look to shabby either. You are definitely killing it in here, nice work.
Thanks guys. The colors on the sugar leaves are something I've never seen my Malawi do this early in flower before. I'd say it's the nighttime temps, bit I've had it down into the 50s before without seeing this cut do this. Both plants I have running of it are doing the same thing. It's like paint got splashed on the tops of the buds.

And yes, the Bubba Hash is nice. I'm keeping more if it this time. I don't like having to ration it between harvests.

Killer looking line up there Morglie. The Mulanje really fattened up the leaves on the ThaiPan didn't it? I'm really itching to run those Mulanje and the crosses but I decided to wait till they won't be flowering out in the dead of winter here.
Looks like a killer run of Bubba hash too, nice thick frost on that girl. I swear it gets frostier every time I run it.

Killer looking line up there Morglie. The Mulanje really fattened up the leaves on the ThaiPan didn't it? I'm really itching to run those Mulanje and the crosses but I decided to wait till they won't be flowering out in the dead of winter here.
Looks like a killer run of Bubba hash too, nice thick frost on that girl. I swear it gets frostier every time I run it.
Thank you!

I've popped 4 of the ThaiPan x Mulanje, and one each of an F2, and both Bubba Hash and Killer A5 x Mulanje. I've got that one ThaiPan cross and the other ones going. I have to say, the ThaiPan one is looking the best. The other ones have started to green back up once they got in big pots, but they were all yellow and looking rough up until that point. I'm not so certain how good the Mulanje genetics from Tangewana are. Hopefully they pan out ok. I never got a good sample beyond the little bit of shake I got off the other ones. The high was impressive, but they are a fickle strain to mess with. I have some of Tropic's Mulanje as well, which are bred towards the squat, fat leaved pheno. I'll have to mess with those soon.

No luck on the Angola Roja I popped. They all cracked, but nothing came up....

That Bubba Hash just keeps getting better and better. I have 2 Kerala above ground. I'm hoping for a male I can hit the Bubba Hash with. That should be spectacular from the way there Tangie Dawg cross came out.

Where did you find Angola Roja?
I did a seed swap with Tropics. Building my landrace collection. :slide:

I've only tried those 4 seeds so far. They cracked easily enough, but I didn't wait until they had full tails out before I put them in dirt. They probably needed help getting the shell off. I know better for next time.

I was trimming the Purple Satellite and was surprised at how dark she got. The stem has black striping on it.

It has a nice and pungent grape and spices smell and the buzz is quite nice. I need to sample it more, but it puts me into a nice clean head buzz.

Beautiful! :love: Love the landrace look of it! My bagseed Colombians from the 80s looked just like that - minus the color.

Back
Top Bottom