Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Congratulations on the switch to flowering - a major milestone! Could you share a few thoughts about why you decided now was the right time? I recall you mentiuoning previously that the decision on when to start flowering was one of the most important things in a ScrOG grow. I'm also very interested to know why the plants are getting 30 hours of darkness before the summer sun begins to shine.

Why 30 hours for the initial dark period??

I've heard that it helps induce flowering quicker.

Congratulations on the switch to flowering - a major milestone! Could you share a few thoughts about why you decided now was the right time? I recall you mentiuoning previously that the decision on when to start flowering was one of the most important things in a ScrOG grow. I'm also very interested to know why the plants are getting 30 hours of darkness before the summer sun begins to shine.

This is a new strain for me and I want to err on the side of caution. The time aligned with my nutrient change out and I had the time to do it.

GO MUNKI GO :cheer:
Those ladies look burly, they look like they could support a ton of weight! All your growth looks 5stars! +REPS

Thanks slo. Can't wait to see how the screen fills during the stretch.

Plants look very nice. Good luck with the move to flower. I am sure it will go smooth and you will have flowers popping out filling that screen. Great job...

Very cool, can't wait to see the sites fill up the screen. I think I am going to stick with LST for my first grow and see how that goes. I just tied the girls down for the first time and I like the way its going so far...

Also, great pictures Munki...I like how you keep them large but still high quality. Can you tell me how you keep them large in your posts mine seem to get resized to small even though they are 1280x1024 originals...Thanks, and keep up the good work man!

Almost forgot...great info on the 30hr dark before switching to 12/12...I will definitely be using that technique...Did you mention whether or not you flushed when you did the rez refill?

Hi munki
I personally think giving them 30 hours of darkness is the right thing to do.
It leaves no doubt to the plants that the season has changed and they better kick in the flowering or the species will not survive. :clap::clap:

I personally just did the 30 hours dark 2 weeks ago, and I got 2-1/2" or so of new growth on all 8 of my plants. I don't know the science, but it worked.

slo, OMM, and Soznor,

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing them tonight.

Grooster,

I take my pics at 1600 x 1200, then use a free program called Fastone Photo Resizer to reduce the images to the max size for the site, 1024 x 768, while retaining the quality.

When selecting a photo from your uploads in the Photo Gallery, first click on the image twice to see it full size. Each time you click the photo, it will go from the small version to big version then back and forth each time you click. When it is big, I right-click the image and select "Copy image location" from the list then I paste that into the popup that shows when I post a reply and click the photo icon. That is how it works in Firefox at least.

Lights are back on and the flowering period officially starts today.

Here they are. Not a lot of change visible but I do want to document it.

2009-12-18_01.jpg

2009-12-18_02.jpg

This is lil' bitty.

2009-12-18_03.jpg

and Big Bertha.

2009-12-18_04.jpg

2009-12-18_05.jpg

I'm excited! I want to see some BIG buds!!!!!!

thanks for the tip on the photo resizer I downloaded it tonight and installed it....

Cool. It is a handy tool. I want some big buds too so I will do my best though ScrOG usually yields smaller but more plentiful buds than other methods.

slo, OMM, and Soznor,

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing them tonight.

Grooster,

I take my pics at 1600 x 1200, then use a free program called Fastone Photo Resizer to reduce the images to the max size for the site, 1024 x 768, while retaining the quality.

When selecting a photo from your uploads in the Photo Gallery, first click on the image twice to see it full size. Each time you click the photo, it will go from the small version to big version then back and forth each time you click. When it is big, I right-click the image and select "Copy image location" from the list then I paste that into the popup that shows when I post a reply and click the photo icon. That is how it works in Firefox at least.

Thanks Munki I was just choosing the medium sized photo lol...Now I know better...my pics are looking much better too. Thanks for the help bro.

L8ER

I can already see the plants changing their behavior. Branches are feeling a bit more flexible. I attribute it to the cell wall strength weakening as they would be dividing more frequently to make the stem stretch. Just a guess but nice to have happen in this strain.

Pics taken are how they looked waking up today.

2009-12-20_01.jpg

2009-12-20_02.jpg

lil bittie....

2009-12-20_03.jpg

2009-12-20_06.jpg

Big Bertha...

2009-12-20_04.jpg

2009-12-20_05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom