Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I thought it looks like one fine mess personally!

A nice thing noted lately is that the stems are more flexible. Part may be due to the plants starting to stretch but I must attribute the increased flexibility primarily to the fact that I don't water during the dark periods. Since the dark period is now twice as long as it used to be in veg and since I do my adjustments right after the light comes on, the plants have the lowest fluid levels of the day at that time. With less fluid in the stems, they flex instead of break under stress. A fact that makes this ScrOGger most happy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I agree with you munki on scrog looking like one fine mess! I just started to do some LST on my girls and they went from nice happy plants to being bent over, looking like they didn't know what to do. Oh well, it is all about the anticipation of seeing a screen full of green. Looking forward to watching your screen fill up with nice buds. Keep up the good work!

RW

wow great looking plants really fat leaves....another great harvest ill bet

WOW!!!! those ladies are looking soooooo good. I've never seen the Bubba from that aspect, the fan leafs are just unreal. Not to mention the timber on Bertha is sureal. That is one hell of job you've done w/ the Bubba. So to that I must :adore::adore::adore: and give you a standing ovation :clap::clap::clap:

..Oh and I would +rep you but I gotta spread it around first..

I did have an issue happen last night. When I was moving the branches down and outward towards the edges of the screen, I heard a loud "CRACK" sound. I had a fairly major branch separate from the trunk. I took some twist tie material and tried to secure back to the main trunk. I'll take pics tonight of the plants and see if I was able to rescue the branch. This strain is not that conducive to ScrOG because of this issue. We shall see how it looks in the end.

I appreciate all the support you all have shown me.

Munki- just a tip
I thought I posted this here, but it must've been elsewhere-

I recently watched a video of someone doing LST/scrog and they suggested "working" the stem side to side, back and forth at the bend point. This will allow it to bend instead of snap. They bent it quite a bit too. I've never had this issue myself, but your babies look THICK and hard.

Curious- how many inches do you move a branch at a time? How often do you do re-arranging?

Munki- just a tip
I thought I posted this here, but it must've been elsewhere-

I recently watched a video of someone doing LST/scrog and they suggested "working" the stem side to side, back and forth at the bend point. This will allow it to bend instead of snap. They bent it quite a bit too. I've never had this issue myself, but your babies look THICK and hard.

Curious- how many inches do you move a branch at a time? How often do you do re-arranging?

If you have a link to that video, I would appreciate it.

It would be hard to do as you describe though I could try. I try to do adjustments daily right after the lamp comes on. The plants haven't had water for over 12 hours at that point so that should aid in flexibility. I try to pull the growth down under the screen and then point out the growth sideways like a spoke on a wheel. It is when I first try to get the new growth below the screen that the downward stress gets translated to that internode junction at the trunk and separates the branch from it. The stems themselves rarely break as the internode gives way so easily.

Suck about the branch, hope it heals up for you, even if it does not I am sure its not the end of the world and the rest of the plant will pick up the slack. Great plants and a great journal you should be proud. + rep and have a Wonderful Christmas and a extra Irie New Year...

sonzor, ultrasonic, Butcher, ocnugs, COmmjDude, Heavyherb, therootsofwis, obx, MountainHigh, OldMedMan, Grooster, Joe Coffee, slosmokin, DroJo and usul ....

Thank you all for your comments and support. I need to get back on the +rep bandwagon so you shall be seeing one soon if I haven't repped you lately.

:peace: on earth and goodwill from MoutainHigh to you and your's during the holiday's.

+rep

I was just thinking you could do a little supercrop crush in a couple spots to get the stem to a gradual bend to get the branch going the right way...just a thought.

Well I think you have to post 25 posts before it allows you to increase someones reputation as I could not see the scales sign before. Either that or more likely I am just blind as a bat when things are right in front of me! Well now that I figured out how to +reps munki!

Cool. Glad you are getting all the forum tools down. Appreciate the rep!

:peace: on earth and goodwill from MoutainHigh to you and your's during the holiday's.

+rep

I was just thinking you could do a little supercrop crush in a couple spots to get the stem to a gradual bend to get the branch going the right way...just a thought.

The problem doesn't occur where I bend the branch. It happens right where the branch first comes out of the main trunk.

I have been successful in bending a few of the branches. The thicker ones though I can't really crush in my fingers; at least not in control. Maybe some pliers could help though it gets tight in there!

You might use channel locks and set the crush distance so you can't completely mush it.

See what happens when you grow super pot!!!!! You need kryptonite to train them. :grinjoint:

Didn't go to any extremes today in training the plants. I didn't get a chance to visit them last night so the first set of pics are how I found them. The second set is after the training session.

Merry :xmas: to all, and to all a good night!

2009-12-24_01.jpg

2009-12-24_02.jpg

2009-12-24_03.jpg

2009-12-24_04.jpg

2009-12-24_05.jpg

2009-12-24_06.jpg

2009-12-24_07.jpg

2009-12-24_08.jpg

2009-12-24_09.jpg

2009-12-24_10.jpg

2009-12-24_11.jpg

Nice Pics Munki, Growth is really full and I can see tons of tops coming through. Gonna be a lot of bud sites. How much longer on the veg are you thinking?

Nice Pics Munki, Growth is really full and I can see tons of tops coming through. Gonna be a lot of bud sites. How much longer on the veg are you thinking?

Just completing my first week of flower now. See post #313.

Back
Top Bottom