Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Two days since the trim. No huge spurt of growth noted yet though the strain probably won't exhibit a big stretch. Still difficult to see any flowering traits though. Kind of surprised at that. Helpful in respect that it gives me more time to train the canopies.

2009-12-29_01.jpg

2009-12-29_02.jpg

Underside of lil' bitty.

2009-12-29_03.jpg

Same shot but longer exposure.

2009-12-29_04.jpg

Long exposure under Big Bertha. Pretty dark under her canopy for sure.

2009-12-29_05.jpg

Wow, nice update Munki the girls are definitely looking sweet. The canopy is really filling out nicely. I like the under-the-skirt shots lol. Get a good look at them gams! Keep it up man everyone is excited to see some bud sites coming in soon!

L8ER

Plants are looking swwweeet Munki! Your grows will become my SCROG BIBLE's...no doubt about that....your a top grower!

Well thanks for that kailpot. Really, I'm just bringing you along my journey of learning. So far, I have had positive results but no major challenges like diseases or pests to contend with. That is really what separates the best from the rest. But thank you for your kind words.

that's a great setup on the hydro, I'm definitely looking to update my cab to something like that.

Cool. That is one major thing I was demonstrating. The system is pretty easy to empty with the two pumps in it all ready and easy to clean. System can really go from 1 to probably 4 buckets. Simple to build and relatively cheap to make. Most parts available at the hardware store. What's not to like for the personal grower really?

Now I'm using a 4 x 4 tent, but that just allows me room to experiment. Obviously, with some ingenuity, this system could be run in much smaller confines. Just don't forget to address ventilation issues in confined spaces. IMHO, ventilation is the aspect most often inadequately addressed by the new grower.

Wow, nice update Munki the girls are definitely looking sweet. The canopy is really filling out nicely. I like the under-the-skirt shots lol. Get a good look at them gams! Keep it up man everyone is excited to see some bud sites coming in soon!

L8ER

Anxiously awaiting the buddage to emerge myself. Stay tuned everyone!

Looken good munki. I know the anxious feeling of waiting! Seeing you wrestle with these girls to train them, I am anxiously waiting as well to see how it all turns out!

I really need to spend some time with my girls and trim them all up like yours. Your grow always keeps me in line and not let my grow get messy. For people growing their own meds with a few plants, your system is one I would highly recommend for people if they want to go hydro. Simplicity based on wisdom, beautiful.

:peace:

I tried to take some pictures of the plants before the lights came on. The ambient light plus flash still required longer exposures so they are somewhat blurry. They are, however, a better representation of the true color.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2010.

2009-12-31_01.jpg

2009-12-31_02.jpg

2009-12-31_03.jpg

Did my reservoir change today. Changed out all the tubing as well as I saw some algal growth in them and well ... I just felt like it! Also cleaned out the rez. Some of you may not have seen what my reservoir looks like on the inside so I took a pic. One pump for each bucket.

Flowering is becoming visible on the plants at this point. Flower day 15.

2010-01-02_01.jpg

2010-01-02_02.jpg

2010-01-02_03.jpg

lil' bitty

2010-01-02_04.jpg

2010-01-02_06.jpg

Big Bertha

2010-01-02_05.jpg

2010-01-02_07.jpg

looks like you have a tear in your ducting. looking great though!

Ah, good eye my friend. That is on purpose. A cheap way for me to divert some of the warmed air back into the tent to elevate the temp a few degrees overnight when the lamp is on. I tore the side then tied them back together loosely so some air escapes.

Munki,
In your opinion what temperature do you feel is optimal for growing cannabis?

I only know what the prevailing theories are which involve temps in the 65 to 80 degree F range and 40 to 60 % RH as the goals. My last crop was regularly into the low 90s and this last crop has seen some mid 50s with a couple upper 40s. Plant is hearty but likes the temperate weather.

Now there may be some brief temp stessors that could help the plant like brief cold or heat periods at precise times in the grow. Just a hypothesis that unchanging environmental conditions may not be best. Stress can sometimes bring out the best in an organism.

I think 2010 may be a year that tests that theory on myself! Damned economy. :phew:

Well thanks for that kailpot. Really, I'm just bringing you along my journey of learning. So far, I have had positive results but no major challenges like diseases or pests to contend with. That is really what separates the best from the rest. But thank you for your kind words.

Munki this is so true pests are annoying as crap and are really detrimental to plant growth and diseases are yet worse thankfully I havent had problems with that yet:smokin: my dog has unfortunately graced me with spidermites(yet another challenge of growing in an apartment closet) and somehow fungus gnats keep showing up i have been using some homemade organic recipes but they both keep coming back :rollingeyes:anyway great grow man i hope neither of these problems appear for you +rep those ladies are inspiring :peace:

Back
Top Bottom