My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

Thanks once again pan your always a great help! i have taken your advice and emptied my reservoir and filled it with plain tap water to do the flush with next time i water which will be in the next day or two. Will flushing with tap water be ok? mine is 220 ppm i will obviously pH correct it first and let the chlorine evaporate.

Hello everyone here's my weekly update i have transplanted my white widows from 11L to 16L pots and also flushed the soil because i was getting slight nute burn i only used double the volume of the pot rather then the recommended triple because my water butt holds 120 liters of water and i don't have anything else to store water in so that the chlorine evaporates. This should be fine thou because my plants only had slight nute burn so even if the flush didn't wash every thing out it should still be at a tolerable level. I mixed a solution of plain pH'd water and rhizotonic (root stimulant) and used it on the WW's after the flush to help ease the transplant.

Here's the difference in pot size as you can see they are about the same height.

DSC000792.JPG

The roots look like they are liking the soil.

DSC000763.JPG

DSC000756.JPG

DSC000784.JPG

DSC000814.JPG

DSC000824.JPG

Cheers Pan i liked the roots too this was the first time i saw them and was delighted to see they were looking nice and healthy the roots must like the canna terra pro plus but i probably wont be using it my next grow as Ive gone of the idea of pre-fertilized soil.

Hello Ms.Fox nice to hear from you. yes the pictures are pretty just like your avatar picture :ganjamon:

Hello i want to put my WW's on 12/12 they are showing pre flowers and are ready to go they are getting to tall and the stems are getting more and more woody which makes lst'n difficult. My only problem with that is that my PP's are a few weeks younger and they haven't shown preflowers yet.

here's what the PP's look like they are about a month old from germination.
DSC000972.JPG

DSC000983.JPG

im worried that if i put them on 12/12 they will turn out Hermie what are the chances in this? i feel that they are close to showing preflowers will this lesson the chances in Hermie's? they haven't suffered any stress.

i have used 11 litre pots from the beginning, and have had up to 3 oz per plant, is the idea simply just to give the roots more room for growth?, its different for me though, as i use a 'wilma' system , so can only use the same 11 litre pots, as nothing bigger would fit onto the drip tray...
looking good though mate!

Hello Today i have added my second 600w hid and swapped the bulbs over to hps the lights will go off at 21:00 tonight like normal but i will leave them off until 20:00 tomorrow and have them on 12/12 (on 22:00-08:00) i read that a longer initial dark period just before the switch to 12/12 will send a undoubted sign to the plants that the days have got shorter and it's time to start flowering.

i have spaced the ww's out a bit and put the pp's on upside down pots to even out the canopy.

all_front_of_tent.JPG

all_side_of_tent.JPG

raised_PP_s.JPG

Lights8.JPG

rantom_top_of_WW.JPG

Because im using most of the room in the tent im having to have the fan blowing really close to a few plants will this be OK?

fan_to_close.JPG

Ive moved the lights closer since the pictures were taken they are now about 15 inches away from the top of the canopy temps seem fine with the extra hid . i cant wait to start seeing buds grow!

Because im using most of the room in the tent im having to have the fan blowing really close to a few plants will this be OK?

I'm using a tent also and I point my fan away from my plants and angled up and slightly towards one of the tent walls. The air deflects off the tent wall and swirls around the entire tent. This provides enough air circulation in my tent.

Those plants directly in front of that fan don't look very happy to me.

regards,

setting sun

Cheers vincent308

setting sun thanks for your advice i have moved a more robust plant in the space directly in front of the fan and angled it up slightly. i will probably get another fan at some point as it is important to get fresh air below the canopy so that it rises.

Back
Top Bottom