My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

Cheers CharlieMopps.

PAN I'm going to be running my second cool tube through the same exhaust as the one i have setup. When do you think would be a good idea to setup and switch on my second Hid? so that i waste as little light as possible. i was thinking maybe when i switch to 12/12 but as this is my first grow i haven't really got a feel for how much and when the plants will fill out.

Romanman45 thanks for the compliments I'm trying to avoid taking off fan leaves at the moment and just keeping a watchful eye on my plants and tying the fan leaves that block bud sites to more of a empty space.

l8tnightskunk nice to hear from you and good luck with your current grow which i can see has had a nice healthy start.

Hello again PAN i would get my second Hid on asap but i don't think i can afford the electricity for 2 600w lights on 18/6 what i will probably do is move my PP's under one of my spare 250w cfl's so the white widows have more room to grow then after a week or to set up the other Hid.

You are also going to have to factor in the tents temperature after adding that additional 600. I have a 1000W in my tent and it gets HOT :ganjamon: I'm loving this grow. A couple of those LST photos are pretty cool to look at :goodjob: Getting a high quality tent and paying a little more is the best thing you can do. I bought a tent because of price and impatience and I'm paying for it. The frame is pretty cheap and flimsy but it does the job. Great job dude :goodjob: I can't wait to see some funky nuggets! You planning on cloning the best looking ladies in the tent :bongrip:

Hi tonystarks thanks for the compliments Ive gotta feeling the heat in the tent won't rise to much after putting the second 600w Hid in. I'm having no troubles with heat at the moment and i have a intake fan blowing cool air from out my window.
is your 1000w Hid air cooled? I'm not going to be taking clones yet because i haven't got a separate area for them but i will most likely take clones when they are in flower then revert them back to veg

Hello again the weekend is here so here's a update of my progress i started off today by further lst'n my PP's i have just begun training them around the outside of the pots. I haven't gone right to the edge of the pots and i probably wont go all the way round as i will be putting them on 12/12 as soon as they start showing preflowers. I would let them veg a little longer but my WW's are a few weeks older then the PP's.

PP_lst.JPG

PP_lst_group.JPG

Ive also tied some fan leaves out of the way of bud sites and done a little more Lst'n on the WW's to keep the canopy fairly even.

Birds_eye_lst1.JPG

I like how this stem looks like a metal cable.
cable_stem.JPG

Ive decided to use one of my 250w Cfl's (blue spectrum) to separate the PP's from the WW's so that the WW's have more room to bush out when the PP's get bigger i will put my second Hid in and take the Cfl out. I'm hoping to have the WW's fill up one half of the tent and PP will fill other side. The canopy of the WW's and the PP's wont have to be the same as i will be able to adjust the lights separately.

Outside_tent1.JPG

WW_PP_Lights.JPG

All_WW.JPG

PP_CFL.JPG

Awsome Tent for sure, and don't worry about the bend, my buddy said he used to snap the main cola in the midst of the flowering stage due to height and noticed no difference, the plant can really survive if it wants to!

Thanks every one for the compliments and advice it is truly appreciated! i want to switch to 12/12 asap as my WW's are getting a bit to big but the problem is my PP's are a few weeks behind and haven't shown any signs of preflowers yet do you think i will be running the risk of stressing the plant and/or getting hermies if i do make the switch?

Here's a example of one of the PP's

DSC000715.JPG

DSC000723.JPG

Just done some more research on my last question and Ive decided its not a good idea to force the PP's into flower. so i have topped my tallest white widow and i will continue to lst the other WW's and hopefully i will be able to keep them short enough whilst the PP's catch up and i will obviously switch as soon as the PP's show pre flowers. i will also be transplanting the WW's from the 11 liter pots to 16 liter pots i will probably leave the PP's in 11 liter pots through out the grow because there roots wont have as long as the WW's to develop and hopefilly i will get away with it.

here's some pictures of the topped WW it was one of those plant that grew 3 sets of leaves as a young seedling.

DSC000736.JPG

DSC000725.JPG

I topped it once then about a minute after wards decided to top it at the next node down instead just to get it a bit shorter i hope this wont stress it any more then just topping it once.

DSC000717.JPG

does any one have good methods of transplanting from big pots to a bigger pot? Will the soil stay together? Whats the best way of doing it as not to upset the roots to much?

Back
Top Bottom