My First Tent Grow

Always nice to follow this kind of thread where an experienced grower made the switch from out to indoor. Subbed 4D. Indoor would be too much to me and outdoor lacks the control I crave. So I got myself a kinda of makeshift greenhouse. Im loving it. Hehe. Good going for you I hope.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think that growing together father and son might be the best way to change his attitude and educate him in the fine art of patience and responsibility! Just trust him and let him make mistakes! He will grow (no pun intended).

/RM

Ive told my self a few times recently........ Rome wasent built in a day and I must see the big picture. I told him he will be 10lbs heavier and have a real job before long with me. Thanks RM

Ive told my self a few times recently........ Rome wasent built in a day and I must see the big picture. I told him he will be 10lbs heavier and have a real job before long with me. Thanks RM

Agree....making mistakes is the best way to learn.

My plan is FF ocean forest. I bought two bags today for those sprouts in a few days. Thought about mixing it with potting soil to weaken but probably wont. Just wont feed for a month. Thanks for following Newbie, Im glad your here. Tents up!!
Right on man. Fox Farms is top of the line soil dude. I don't have access to the nice soils here so I mainly stick to hydro for my indoor grows and try and enrich my natural soil outdoors for those.

Right on man. Fox Farms is top of the line soil dude. I don't have access to the nice soils here so I mainly stick to hydro for my indoor grows and try and enrich my natural soil outdoors for those.

My kid knows someone who mixes his own soil. He remixes after his grow. He adds to his old soil. Im not sure what the mix is. Cant be good for controlling pests. My kid said he's a very experienced indoor grower. Remixing old soil is not for me yet. Im happy with FF O.forest. Just dont feed for a month. The guy at the grow warehouse yesterday said people dont start feeding with O.Forest until its time for Open Sesame according to FF's indoor schedule. I will research their schedule before tent grow because some things are unclear as far as feeding in the beginning. The schedule says yes but I wonder what soil its with?? Will find out.
Hydro is probably the way to go for indoors, but not for me yet. This indoor is complicated enough at this stage for me.
Im guessing your outdoor is going wonderful Newbie? Mine is. There are some shoots that are 2' feet below the fence already and im thinking of pinching and bending those. Im not sure how much bigger they will get after flower but I dont want them OVER the fence. By taking this years yard grow serious I see the difference big time. I got no place to cure because that rooms got a tent in it and the old cure room is now a bedroom. What a great problem!!! I wish all my problems were that awesome!! i dont want to cure in the tent room to keep it sterile. I will figure it out. Thanks for your thoughts Newbie!

To all that follow this thread........
Im beat up, tore up, battered and bruised!! Its a rough world out there and its taken its toll. Made some bad choices in life and paying for it now with my health.
Please be patient with me! I notice I sometimes I repeat myself. Sometimes its slow for me to comprehend some things. I make things way harder than they are sometimes. But my heart is in the right place. My intentions are good. I like to LEARN and TEACH. I like medicating and have for along time. Its so WONDERFUL I can grow my own smoke now. Ive set my goal to become a master grower with this tent and the good people on this site. Thanks to all who want to bring love to this trade and help me achieve this goal!!

Actually dutch the hydro is really easy for me. Check the thc bomb grow in my signature. I built a diy ebb and flow that has a 3ft x 3ft table and put a 5ft x 5ft screen over top. By far the easiest grow I have done yet. Change reservoir and nutrient solution every weekend and keep it topped up with fresh water during the week. Couple air stones thrown in it and a pond pump on a digital timer and using advanced nutrients ph perfect nutes. Never have to worry about nute burn by following their schedule, never have to worry with ph because their nutes balance it perfect, never have to worry about overwatering because it's a hydro system. It grows big beautiful plants and it's virtually worry free.

Actually dutch the hydro is really easy for me. Check the thc bomb grow in my signature. I built a diy ebb and flow that has a 3ft x 3ft table and put a 5ft x 5ft screen over top. By far the easiest grow I have done yet. Change reservoir and nutrient solution every weekend and keep it topped up with fresh water during the week. Couple air stones thrown in it and a pond pump on a digital timer and using advanced nutrients ph perfect nutes. Never have to worry about nute burn by following their schedule, never have to worry with ph because their nutes balance it perfect, never have to worry about overwatering because it's a hydro system. It grows big beautiful plants and it's virtually worry free.

Nice Newbie! maybe one day. Let me get this indoor down as far as a few grows and we shall see. Need to get used to the procedure. Still setting up. Why not learn the best system first?........ Because Im making this tent hard enough as it is already! Nice to have you here Newbie.

Nice Newbie! maybe one day. Let me get this indoor down as far as a few grows and we shall see. Need to get used to the procedure. Still setting up. Why not learn the best system first?........ Because Im making this tent hard enough as it is already! Nice to have you here Newbie.
Absolutely dutch. And whenever you're ready to take the leap to hydro let me know. I'll walk you through what I have learned so far.

I make my own soil and since I´ve started with that, all the pest problems are gone. Not sure why...but gnats are gooone :). Also better product...but I am still at beginner level, next round will be Humboldt Blue Dream and Sour Diesel #2, aiming for high brix....just have to figure out a way to squeeze the juice out of the canna leafs.

I make my own soil and since I´ve started with that, all the pest problems are gone. Not sure why...but gnats are gooone :). Also better product...but I am still at beginner level, next round will be Humboldt Blue Dream and Sour Diesel #2, aiming for high brix....just have to figure out a way to squeeze the juice out of the canna leafs.
lucky to have the space for making soil :) good Job :)
but many pests can be hunted with many household items... tobacco juice or/ and potato slices on soil etc.. for those of us who have to use bought soil :) :circle-of-love:

Squeeze the juice? = making oil?

A few Aza Max drenches on my yard grow in the beginning and its made a difference this year. No ants farming aphids. No spider mites. I plan to spray Aza once a week in Aug. and first week of Sept. for fall caterpillars which are bad here.
Inside Im not sure yet. Im hoping no bugs. Im thinking Aza Max inside too.
Juice RM?? You mean like cold water hash juice? I made some hash recently first time from a utube vid. "coffee filter hash" It turned out killer! best kief Ive ever smoked! Am very impressed! I used only crap bud, no leaf. I throw that away cause too much. I learned the theory with his coffee filter method and will be buying the 3 bag system this fall. I will be turning all to hash this year that aint top bud.
I plan on using just FF O.Forest inside and hope it dosent come with pests.

lucky to have the space for making soil :) good Job :)
but many pests can be hunted with many household items... tobacco juice or/ and potato slices on soil etc.. for those of us who have to use bought soil :) :circle-of-love:

Squeeze the juice? = making oil?

Raw potato slices? Just lay a few slices around your plants? Whats this prevent? Is this for indoors too? Im curious and always like the most cost effective method. Tobacco juice? How? I smoke like a chimney and wonder about this too!!! Thanks Angry!!!

I pinched and bent (LST) the long shoots yesterday on my yard grow. They were 2-3 ft. below the fence already! Slow them down. If they double in size in flower im in trouble. After pulling the males all the girls ended up clumped together. Will be a wall of bud!! More pics in a few weeks. Their starting to bud!!

Raw potato slices? Just lay a few slices around your plants? Whats this prevent? Is this for indoors too? Im curious and always like the most cost effective method. Tobacco juice? How? I smoke like a chimney and wonder about this too!!! Thanks Angry!!!

Just one excellent FAQ right here Dutchess

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.81275/?highlight=Take+strong+cigarettes+soak+them+over+night+in+waterTobacco

Thanks for posting that here. It will be great reference. I read briefly and Im glad Ive learned to PH. amazing all the different causes wrong PH can do and nute deficiency. Those things look like maybe pests. Again great reference!
Ok this is why Im going Fox Farm with everything this year. Adapting their indoor schedule for my yard grow. And using Aza Max drenches for pests a few times early on. I really see the difference. Oh, PHing the water too has no doubt helped even being in the ground this year.
In the tent I plan on using FF and Aza max. I hope the simplicity of this will help me to learn other aspects of indoor growing that are important.

The ducting I bought for the exhaust dident look strong enough to go through the attic to a roof jack so I bought muffler duct for that section and it was like $60. for 15'. Ouch! It looks like the more proper duct for the attic. I guess I will use the Hydro Farm flimsy duct i have for the tent ports. I might need another 30' of the muffler duct to do both intake and out take jacks through the attic. Is this over kill? Or is all this proper set up going to pay off instead of doing half ass? Thanks for your thoughts.

Dunno about muffler duct, but I used insulated ducting. Real cheap and came in 25ft box. Has made my room super quiet.

Well im learning. Im guessing the muffler duct is used to really quiet your system. I need to go to home depot or a A/C supply place and see whats available. The insulated ducting that you mention Gaffle is what Im after im guessing. I will use the muffler duct for outtake from the tent. The insulated for the attic and the cheap uninsulated hydro farm ducting for the tent. Thanks Gaffle

To all that follow this thread........
Im beat up, tore up, battered and bruised!! Its a rough world out there and its taken its toll. Made some bad choices in life and paying for it now with my health.
Please be patient with me! I notice I sometimes I repeat myself. Sometimes its slow for me to comprehend some things. I make things way harder than they are sometimes. But my heart is in the right place. My intentions are good. I like to LEARN and TEACH. I like medicating and have for along time. Its so WONDERFUL I can grow my own smoke now. Ive set my goal to become a master grower with this tent and the good people on this site. Thanks to all who want to bring love to this trade and help me achieve this goal!!
:circle-of-love: most of us so no worries :)

Back
Top Bottom