My first grow. California Dream

So Went last night to the hydro store. Picked up some clearex and a carb supplement. They didnt have carboload so i got this other stuff called SWEET by botanicare. Same company as cal-mag. and clearex
Fed them this morning with just PH water and switched the light back to MH, for the next week.
Also noticed some of the hairs are starting to brown up, and trichome production has doubled at least in the last couple of days. SO happy.

THANKS LLEWOP!! Yeah im super excited to see what that does as well! I read good thing about it, but havnt really seen any grows done that way start to finish (no journals). So well see if it pays off! Who knows.

sorry to get back to you so late.. Just been really busy this week. Any how great buy on the carbs. It will help make that difference. N is important just not needed to be a high of a dose it. Rest assure your nutes will provide what you need. You dont want to over feed plants Nitro in the latter stages of flowering. Over feeding them N causes a higher leaf to bud ratio. The carbs will help out nicely with the trich production,light processing, smell and flavor. Its a suppliment that you cant go wrong on.

Oh its fine! I hear you about being busy butcher. I have had nearly zero freetime the last two weeks or so. Not to mention enough time with my plants. I work before light comes on and get home usually after lights go out. Which brings me to a question.
Also it sucks i have hardly got to check out anyones journal lately, just a couple quick peeks here or there! Hopefully have some time later tonight to catch up.

I havnt got to spend nearly enough time working on them. The RH level has been dropping really low as well, down to the 20% And its been FREEZING out. Even with the window open temps are down to the low 60's and upper 50's at night and never get higher than 75 during the day..

The tips of my california dreams leafs are yellowing slightly. Im thinking its some kind of deficiency, maybe jsut a temperature issue? But youll see the pics im going to post. But any help would be awesome!
Pics in 20 minutes.

Alright. Update time!!
SO im on day 28 of flower! I am also back on the MH light, I switched it yesterday morning, which was actually a couple days early i realized. but thats ok. Ill just start the 2 week time frame from friday.
I need some HELP though. Ive been SUPER busy lately and have kind of neglected my plants the last couple days! I feel terrible! But i have been working before the light comes on and getting home after the light goes off. With maybe literally 10 minutes to spare to water and do a quick check in the morning. Well, I hadnt noticed until i got the MH back on, and the orange light from the HPS wasnt on the leafs, that the tips and outline of the leafs on the California dream are yellowing. I dont know if this is natural, or if there is a deficiency in its early stages, but its too vague for me to really tell. If anyone has any ideas.
Here are the specs. Temps in the daytime have been 75F but at night, since my closet is against the outside wall of the house, and its been so cold lately here, night temps have been upper 50's low low 60's. RH has also dropped, i think because of the temps, but have gotten as low as 20%. And im still foliar feeding, so after a quick spray it rises slightly. PH is 6.5. And I just ended feeding veg nutes, gave them a water yesterday with PH water, and going to start flower nutes on next feeding at 1/4 strength.
IM stoked to see how the MH light works out too!!
ANYWAY enough talk.

PICSPICSPICS
IMG_12851.jpg

HERES THE MYSTERY STRAIN THAT IS WAY BEHIND THE REST. But its still stretching. It has grown nearly 4 inches in the last couple of days. its a big sativa lady.
IMG_12872.jpg

Random buds
IMG_12942.jpg

IMG_13041.jpg

IMG_13032.jpg

IMG_13062.jpg

IMG_12901.jpg

IMG_13111.jpg

IMG_13102.jpg

:hug::hug::hug:mesrone:hug::hug::hug: Hi honey! For a first grow, you are sure having great success!!! LOOK AT THOSE BUDS AND TRICHS!!! I gotta stay tuned in for this one!!! :goodjob::cheer::popcorn::cheer:

WOW!!!!!

Granny! Thanks for stopping in! I love watching yours grow, and you have a few plants that are at the same timeframe as mine so its great to have something to look forward to!

Screwnuts yeah you can see light yellowing on the tips on the california dream plants, and the edges of the fan leaves.. IM trying to figure it out right now, but with hardly any lights on time around the garden its hard to send much time with them. Thanks for stopping by!!

Tiger Balm Haha wouldnt that be great a giant book of every strains leaves and bud shapes and size etc. Would be great! Would be super fun to grow bagseed to find out really what strain you have!

Weed. Thanks again! You with the reference pages!! Awesome information!!!Im trying to go through there and find out, cant really seem to find much. Number 3 like you said would kinda make sense, but if im using calmag? i dont know how it would be a mag deficiency? Hm. oh well, ill keep reading. It hasnt really gotten any worse. But im keeping a close eye on them both.

THANKS everyone for the replys!! glad to know there are some people out there watching!!

wow mesrone!! those ladies look great. And to answer your question(sorry so late) I've been doing ALOT of research on Over feeding carbs to plants and I still havent found 1 document stating you can over feed them carbs. But just like everything, It will have its limits. I just choose to stick with whats been working for me. Which is 2 types of carbs, this is = to 4 tsp. of carbs per gallon of water. I'm in the process of testing different levels of carb stacking. I currently am up to 6 tsp. per gallon. I dont suggest this. This is at an experimental stage. I want to be able to see it's limitations before I start telling people to up the dosage from 4 tsp. to 6 or more. The plant is doing very well. Its under the 1k and showwing me that it can take more. So in 2 weeks if all is good, at that point I will up the dosage to 8 tsp per gallon. Again I can suggest 4 per a gallon. However I will not suggest more until the research is complete.

Well rad. I just typed out a huge ost, and then accidently pressed the back button. Awesome lol.

Anyway, i am exhausted, so heres a smaller version of that first post.
Im on day34 of flower!! Awesome. They are really starting to smell and get a little size to them. Two of the mystery strains are in the lead it looks like, but the california dream is really pumpin out the trichomes. It looks like they are lovin the MH lamp.
Im still on the second MH cycle, 7 days this cycle, then 7 days hps. IM going to switch to HPS before lights on in the morning.
I fed them 2 days ago for the first time with flower nutes. I gave them normal ph water before. I fed them 1/4 strength tiger bloom, cal mag, sweet, and boost juice. I also foliar fed them with grow juice and liquid seaweed
I am having some issues with the foliar feeding though. It makes my mylar so dirty with the residue. Youll see it in the pictures.
Oh well, anyway heres some pics!!
Natural light bud shots
IMG_13173.jpg

IMG_13183.jpg

The floor lighting
IMG_13231.jpg

THe group. You can see on the right all those little nugs! little field of popcorn nugs. Thats the plant that I topped and LST.
IMG_13211.jpg

Bud in a cup.
IMG_13302.jpg

IMG_13332.jpg

IMG_13322.jpg

IMG_13381.jpg

The mystery sativa thats now the tallest in the garden
IMG_13242.jpg

IMG_13393.jpg

hey looks like you are going to have a nice harvest soon, good job in such a small space +reps :Rasta:

Just found this journal. I was wondering if anyone else had grown California Dream. Mine are just about exactly a month behind yours, but I've only got 2 going, along with a couple others. I'm VERY interested in your results, since I haven't been able to find diddly on CD genetics other than the general fluff on the site where I bought the seeds. Looking good so far for sure.

Awesome Bolivar!! DO you have a journal going? or any pics?

Heavy thanks for the reps! I hope the harvest is good! But if i get any smokable buds ill be stoked as this is my first grow.

Tiger balm, thanks for the thought!! haha, and im trying to pay attention to them. But lately it has beenhard with my job schedule...

nd butcher! Thanks man, youve really been helping me with info throughout my entire grow. im just at 1tsp right now. going to go to 2 after the next water of ph water. then up more maybe.
im behind on my flower nute schedule due to my feeding them with veg nutes through the first 3 weeks of flower due to still stretching..

Just got back from being out of town. the nute schedule will work itself out, I'm sure you have it under controll. this is avery controlled grow. And +reps for that as wellas how they look. Nice and healthy. Back and watching as ussual.

Thanks screw nuts!

ANd butcher thanks for the reps man. appreciate it. man you have to spread ALOT of love around before repping people again. yeah i think the schedule will work out fine.
question though. im curious if because im already so far behind, and only have 4 weeks to go. Should i water with normal ph water inbetween flower nutes? Or do you think id be alright to up the dosage of them and skip ph water. Because im going to have to begin flushing in the next 2 weeks or so.
anyway, finally got switched back to the HPS this morning, I have to be there RIGHT before the lights come back on so that I can catch it without opening the tent to early.
BUT, the bad part, i forgot to unplug the cfls underneath the canopy, and i got home form work and the temps were at 98F!!!! AHHHH. But its ok, only the leaves right around the cfls at the bottom of the plants were a little burned, but all the top growth is just peachy.
They are shaping more and more. And im really liking the results of the switching light idea. It seems to be producing a crazy amount of trichomes, so i hope the hps produces the weight im looking for..
Also its so interesting growing different strains, cuz i get to see the buds of different strains shaping up. The california dream has a long, pointy cola were as some of the other mystery strains are fat and stocky.
anyway thanks everyone! Ill update more pics if anyone wants to see them?!?!

Hummmm, 4 weeks intil some harvest. Cannabis Xmas in Alaska! "forgot to unplug the cfls underneath the canopy"... Dude are you snippin bottom buds for a quick toke already? :grinjoint: Keep growin' mesrone. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom