My First Time Growing

Ya know, I'm suprised noone has mentioned the duct tape!

Duct tape is awesome and I figure, if you can't incorporate it into any project, the project's not worth doing ;)

going to the hardware store in a bit to get the light fixtures and after that's fixed... i think im ready to test timers and get them seeds sprouting!

So I got some of the pool testing strips, and the ph seems to be around 8 (kinda high, yea)

But i've also read that "raw" water ph that's higher will help the nutrient solution from becoming to acidic when the nutrients are added. Any thoughts on this? Should I throw some lemon juice in there to get it more around 7.0?

I could also go to the gas station and use the reverse osmosis machine, but that's gonna be more of a pain in the ass that using the garden hose ;)

I went and got the reverse osmosis water and got the res all filled up. I was a little worried about the lights fitting in the table with the styrofoam walls but it just turned out to be a tight fit.

I am germinating some bagseeds to see if i can setup the correct conditions, before i try the gooood seeds. (just checked the seeds... one of them has started to split open, so that's a good sign... been about 20 hours so far)

Once I confirm the germination conditions, the good seeds will be next ;)

(might end up planting the bagseed in with the basil in the garden... basil's plenty bushy to hide it)

Pic with the lights on ready to go:
lightson.jpg

Also... I was thinking of using these to sprout my good seeds:
jiffy.jpg

They're peat... looks like they'd be about the right size to fit in the rockwool cubes, but would peat interfere with the hydro setup?

Oh, and i just found this, which made me smile:
Papaya is a heavy, greasy indica staying low and dense, very suitable for sea of green gardens.

Hooray, i get to try scrog!!!

I was being funny, i was ripped last night. Both lst and scrog will help your plants form many main colas. There is a debate over which gives a higher yield.

Ahh, ok. I was ripped last night and scratching my head... "I wonder what he means...?" =)

Nothin sprouting yet but it's been less than a day so i'd be suprised to see anything yet.

I'll post some updates when i'm a daddy!

well, here's the news

i decided that the peat pucks probably were not a good idea so i removed the seeds and planted them in the rockwool. 4 out of 6 have taproots (one of them had one about an inch long). The fifth seed was starting to split and i could see the root, and the 6th one i'm not sure about...

I'll post pictures when they sprout all the way!

dont buy seeds online and expect to get them mailed. i tried it one time and all i got was an empty envelope with a us customs stamp saying it had been open and emptied. just use seeds from bud you buy or whatever you've collected and it will work fine. eventually you can use a male and female plant and allow the female to become pollinated causing her to produce seeds whose THC can be 85% more potent. Good Luck dude

eventually you can use a male and female plant and allow the female to become pollinated causing her to produce seeds whose THC can be 85% more potent.
Wow, now there's a trick. Care to elaborate on exactly how that's done?

Is there a flux capacitor involved?
439.gif

:peace:

Harry

here's a new pic... can you see what I see??

lilgreen.jpg

here's a closeup!
lilgreenclose.jpg

I don't have all the hydroton in there yet, I am going to wait until they are tall enough and then cover the rockwool up with the hydroton...

That one coming up is the one that had the longest taproot when i transplanted them, so i'm not suprised it's the first visible. I bet they'll all be up by the time i have to leave on sunday... i don't want to leave my babies!!!

That brings a question to mind... These lil babies will be ok for a week, getting only water (no nutes) right? Or do I need to put an extremely diluted does of nutes in before I leave? Advice would be wonderful.

:rollit:

they will be fine with just water your not supost to give them food for the first week anwyays they have there own from the seed for that time aslong as they dont run outta water they'll do great

Back
Top Bottom