N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Ahh those US hydro stores get all the good stuff ;)

All mine tries to sell me is nutes, and their own weed (quietly lol). I like my weed more :laughtwo: .

Luckily I've been quite successful in swapping LPs regularly to find good genetics, or ones that are similar to the good stuff I see on here. I really wish Canada would open the genetic floodgates.
I’m in Canada too:high-five:

I’ve got a good relationship with my hydro store they sell all the typical stuff, I’d almost consider the guys there friends I often just go by to chat and don’t buy anything lol.

I like to mix it up with my genetics, I like variety so I don’t really clone, I have and end up with too much of the same thing lol.

I found these seeds through the breeders website and he had a list of verified vendors and happened to have a couple in Canada, never heard of the seedbank but figured if they were on the breeders site I was good to go. I looked at some of the 420 sponser sites and they were on par price wise for what I paid for these but being the seedbank I ordered these from were in Canada no messing around with customs and exchange rates, just an e transfer and I was good to go!
Congrats on the new beans N! The pic looks frosty AF and I like the name too. :)

Seed drop incoming...:slide:
Thanks Shed! I thought they looked quite good myself and the bud to leaf ratio really interested me, if I get half the frost I’ll be pretty happy.

These beans are going for a bath tonight!

Congrats on getting the new beans in! :party:My go to hydro shop is selling Ethos seeds as well as mosca and victory garden that I’m not real familiar with. I may have to go grab a pack of some Ethos when it gets closer to my fall grow.

Congrats on getting the new beans in! :party:My go to hydro shop is selling Ethos seeds as well as mosca and victory garden that I’m not real familiar with. I may have to go grab a pack of some Ethos when it gets closer to my fall grow.
Thanks Candy, that’s pretty cool you can buy beans from your hydro shop! I wish we could do that here in Canada. Ethos does have some other really nice looking strains, I almost got their strain Banana Hammock it looked really good and the name gave me a chuckle.

Matter of opinion maybe you guys could help me out.

I’m gonna be dropping my beans in a solo cup with a bit of water in it for their soak, normally I just let the water sit out for a bit until it gets to room temperature then drop the beans in and put them in the dark.

Question is do I need to be concerned with the water temp to much meaning warmer than room temp, like should I have the solo cup on my heat mat to keep the water a bit warmer? I’ve never done it like that in the past and haven’t had an issue getting them to pop until recently so it just got me thinking.

I’m gonna be dropping my beans in a solo cup with a bit of water in it for their soak, normally I just let the water sit out for a bit until it gets to room temperature then drop the beans in and put them in the dark.

Question is do I need to be concerned with the water temp to much meaning warmer than room temp, like should I have the solo cup on my heat mat to keep the water a bit warmer? I’ve never done it like that in the past and haven’t had an issue getting them to pop until recently so it just got me thinking.
It helps to put the cups on a heat mat, N420.

Just know there's likely another opinion on the way! :Rasta:

It helps to put the cups on a heat mat, N420.

Just know there's likely another opinion on the way! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB! The instructions that came with the seeds said warm water with 3% H202 for 24hrs. I made sure the water was warm and dropped them in, skipped the H202 cause I don’t have any atm and put them in the cupboard.

Thinking I will try the heat mat definitely couldn’t hurt.

Just know there's likely another opinion on the way!
Incoming, but the same opinion. :)

That really depends on what you call room temperature!

Ideally you want the water at 80°, but heat mats get pretty hot even with a thermostat. It's usually fine when they're floating, but once they sink I put a spacer between the water and the mat.

Incoming, but the same opinion. :)

That really depends on what you call room temperature!

Ideally you want the water at 80°, but heat mats get pretty hot even with a thermostat. It's usually fine when they're floating, but once they sink I put a spacer between the water and the mat.
Thanks Shed, I do keep the house pretty warm I do live with 3 ladies lol but not 80 degrees warm.

I just put the cup on the mat, then after reading your post I ran back down and put a plate under the cup :thanks:

Thanks Candy, that’s pretty cool you can buy beans from your hydro shop
Yeah it’s pretty awesome! I just found out recently but I guess they started doing it this past year. When it was first legalized the dispensaries would sometimes sell them but on the rare occasion they had any they were all reg seeds. (I found that out the hard way on my first grow! I asked for feminized seeds and they didn’t correct me or tell me they just rang em up)
Ethos does have some other really nice looking strains,
Sweet I’m gonna have to do some researching!
I almost got their strain Banana Hammock it looked really good and the name gave me a chuckle.
:laughtwo:

Yeah it’s pretty awesome! I just found out recently but I guess they started doing it this past year. When it was first legalized the dispensaries would sometimes sell them but on the rare occasion they had any they were all reg seeds. (I found that out the hard way on my first grow! I asked for feminized seeds and they didn’t correct me or tell me they just rang em up)

Sweet I’m gonna have to do some researching!

:laughtwo:
I wish I could buy seeds in a hydro shop! They aren’t allowed to sell them here unless they have an astronomically priced nursery license! Same goes with dispensaries no seeds for sale because of the ridiculous cost of having a license to sell them:( It’s all good, Ive found a few good places to get beans online but it would be nice to be able to walk into a brick and mortar location and buy some.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Will be watching the Super Bowl later today should be a good one! Don’t really follow football to closely, Im your stereotypical Canadian and prefer watching Hockey but Im a sports fan in general so I can’t miss it. The half time show looks good! Snoop, Dr.Dre and Eminem are guys I really liked when I was a bit younger so it will be a good trip down memory lane!

In plant news we have our first signs of life!

2 of the 3 seeds have broken the surface and the 3rd is not far behind! I skipped the paper towels this time and just put them straight into Rapid Rooters and they popped up no problem. Have a heat mat under the tray and a dome on top to keep the humidity up. Few more days and they should be ready for planting!

:happy-birthday:
Congratulations N420! 3/3 is the best that one could ask for!

I skipped the paper towels this time and just put them straight into Rapid Rooters and they popped up no problem
:circle-of-love: works perfect for me evertime. And when it doesn't, I blame the seed :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom