N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

I couldn't find any black buckets around here, drove 160 km to the nearest hydro store that's 20 km outside the nearest city! Paid $9 for it and $3.50 for the top hat! But I'm in for the long haul, I'm actually heading back tomorrow for a tent!

Wow that's quite the trek to the grow shop. That's great your getting a new tent the mammoth tents are the only brand that we have locally were I live I'm sure you will like them.

Yes it is but I respect that man's drive and entrepreneurship to have a hydro store 20 minutes in the middle of nowhere! He gets a lot of customers from up to 200 km away!

Thought I would do a quick update on the Orange Sherbert. We are 18 days since the flip and these girls are a little disappointing. They have not really stretched at all 2 of the plants under the led have pretty good bud development the other 2 seem pretty far behind as far as their buds are concerned. They are showing some calcium deficiency so I added some cal mag @ 7ml per gallon at my last watering with the rest of their feed. On a positive note I'm so happy with the effectiveness of the Castile soap spray on the mites. I have done 2 applications and the next day when I check them the mites I do find are dead so will continue with spraying every other day for the next little while and see where we are at in 2 weeks. It's going to be a wait and see with these as the Gz should get a transplant soon and if I don't have the room for the Gz in the 3x3 I may give the Os the boot out of the 4x4 because the Gz are much stronger plants and I'm sure will perform much better in flower then these are.

20190909_185729.jpg

Bought this sprayer recently to spray the soap mix you can angle the nozzle on the end any direction so it makes it much easier to get under the leaves where bugs like to hide.
20190912_063808.jpg
20190912_063835.jpg
20190912_063843.jpg
20190912_063859.jpg

I'm really happy with your suggestion of the soap that stuff can take care of all kinds of nasties. I also think I have thrips in there as well but the soap takes care of them as well. The soap goes really far to it cost me $20 much better price then anything I could get at the grow store.

The Gz have filled themselves all back in after the trim I'm seeing lots of new green growth with these and I'm very pleased. A little more training is on the slate for these girls will be pulling them apart a little more by readjusting some of their ties. They all seem to be growing at the same pace other then Gz #4 which I think is just a smaller pheno. It's all good as the training has kept them all a similar height I have just done a little less training on #4 to keep her canopy as close to the others as possible. One thing I will say about this strain is that it smells very potent. Even though These girls are still in veg the smell of them kinda smacks you in the face when you open the tent. Can't wait to see what they will bring in flower. Happy Friday everyone hope you all have a great weekend.

Appreciate it Shed! I'm gettin the itch to flip lol. The early lst has worked out great. Bending and tying them down is kinda addicting the more I do the better they look.

Hey @InTheShed I was going to take some clones of the Gz in a week or 2 and I saw you posted a cloning tutorial on a thread somewhere just can't remember where is was. Do you mind posting it here so I could bookmark it for future reference.

It may be this one here that he refers to:

It may be this one here that he refers to:
Yes that's it! thanks Mr.S. I have used rapid rooter's in the past but by the time the clone roots they look pretty crappy and took along time to recover and get going again. This method looks pretty simple and low maintenance which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Time for a Gz update...

Things are moving along nicely I ended up training Gz #4 a little more there was an empty space in the canopy where she was sitting. I adjusted her ties moving the ties down near the ends of the main branches to get the tips further down and promote more growth in the center. After watching them closely for a few days they were going through water in 2 days so it was time for a transplant. I put them all in 5 gallon fabric pots I put a bit of pirana in the hole I made for the roots then watered them with plain water. I have about a month before the flower tent is available so I'm hoping I can keep them under control until then. With the 5 gallons being in the tent there is not alot of extra room.

Feeling a bit better about the Os. We are day 23 since flip they are starting to get going some nice bud development over the last couple of days. They have greened up a little and are looking stronger the soap has really knocked the mites back and I don't find any live ones when I look. Gave the bottoms a little clean up to get rid of some of the mite damaged leaves and to get rid of a bit of larf.

Hey N! I think I had one of those Orange Sherbert's with the minimal stretch. Really packed out by the end. I'm hoping to get a taller one next time. Your GZ's are killing it! Beautiful plants. Good call on the sprayer. It'll make your life that much easier. Hope your well buddy
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom