20190726_190539.jpg
20190726_190659.jpg
20190726_190514.jpg
20190726_190459.jpg
20190726_190718.jpg
20190726_190621.jpg
20190726_190820.jpg

GZ update

These ladies are doing well and seem to be growing nicely. I am planning on cleaning out and wiping down all the walls and floors in the 3x3 to get ready to put these girls in there so I can get them under a stronger light they are stretching quite a bit under the florescent .

20190726_191034.jpg
20190726_191015.jpg
20190726_191000.jpg
20190726_190950.jpg
20190726_190942.jpg
20190726_190924.jpg

Os update

I am about halfway through week 6 I'm not very good about keeping track of the days in flower lol. I just follow the app that I have for the nutrients I use that gives me feed schedule for the grow and it keeps track from the day I flipped. The buds are filling out nicely and they are really starting to get packed with frost. The smell is incredible now when I open the tent at lights on it smells very sweet and the Orange sent is really starting to come through. With all this hot weather we have had recently it kinda makes me crave an orange creamsicle lol.

I was kinda looking for some advice do you guys think it's a good idea to do a leaf strip again at this point in the grow. The strip I did in week 3 has pretty much grown back. Was wanting to maybe get some more light to the lower canopy if possible.

Couple of canopy shots
20190726_191654.jpg
20190726_191631.jpg
20190726_191602.jpg

What do you guys think @ProfessorFlora @Ganjagrandaddy @InTheShed What would you guys do
for me now it is on flower so far , i wouldnt strip like a defol again in case of overstressing her. They can be very sensative to stress now and could panic into producing pollen sacs to seed themselves before their perceived early death. A few blocking leave here and there wont hurt but tucking them would be a better way if possible. Keep the airflow within the canopy moving to develop your lower decent buds too. they rely on breezes for pollen catching so create chunky buds to catch it wherever the air flow is. long winded ( no pun intended!) but basically less defol, more air movement within the whole structure. look beautiful mate. nice job

Os update

I am about halfway through week 6 I'm not very good about keeping track of the days in flower lol. I just follow the app that I have for the nutrients I use that gives me feed schedule for the grow and it keeps track from the day I flipped. The buds are filling out nicely and they are really starting to get packed with frost. The smell is incredible now when I open the tent at lights on it smells very sweet and the Orange sent is really starting to come through. With all this hot weather we have had recently it kinda makes me crave an orange creamsicle lol.

I was kinda looking for some advice do you guys think it's a good idea to do a leaf strip again at this point in the grow. The strip I did in week 3 has pretty much grown back. Was wanting to maybe get some more light to the lower canopy if possible.

Couple of canopy shots
20190726_191654.jpg
20190726_191631.jpg
20190726_191602.jpg

What do you guys think @ProfessorFlora @Ganjagrandaddy @InTheShed What would you guys do
Hey N! First off those OS's look great. I'm glad someone knows what I mean about the smell now. You just wait for GZ lol. She's a stinker.

With regards to the defoliation I think that GG, Shed and myself all do it slightly differently. Sheds mainly an outdoor grower so doesn't need to trim them up as much especially during flower. The sun is an awesome grow light when it's out lol. It has the best penetration and it moves across the sky covering a good part of the plant throughout the day. GG probably leaves the most on from what I can tell and takes the more natural approach. As for myself, well, I like to experiment and have in the past removed huge amounts of leaves with no ill effect from what I can tell. That last parts not entirely true lol. I've found that it comes down to timing and having healthy and strong growing plants. Not all plants are good candidates for a heavy trim but most won't mind a light plucking of some of the larger fans. The OS can handle a good trim and yours look healthy and strong. A rule that I loosely follow is any leaves that have there stems buried in a budsite stay and any leaves that have stems that are over 1cm are considered for removal. I can see a few in your pics that could be removed and wouldn't stress the plants out. You could remove a couple of the largest from each main colas which wouldn't cause any drama. Did I mention that your plants look great lol

Hey N! First off those OS's look great. I'm glad someone knows what I mean about the smell now. You just wait for GZ lol. She's a stinker.

With regards to the defoliation I think that GG, Shed and myself all do it slightly differently. Sheds mainly an outdoor grower so doesn't need to trim them up as much especially during flower. The sun is an awesome grow light when it's out lol. It has the best penetration and it moves across the sky covering a good part of the plant throughout the day. GG probably leaves the most on from what I can tell and takes the more natural approach. As for myself, well, I like to experiment and have in the past removed huge amounts of leaves with no ill effect from what I can tell. That last parts not entirely true lol. I've found that it comes down to timing and having healthy and strong growing plants. Not all plants are good candidates for a heavy trim but most won't mind a light plucking of some of the larger fans. The OS can handle a good trim and yours look healthy and strong. A rule that I loosely follow is any leaves that have there stems buried in a budsite stay and any leaves that have stems that are over 1cm are considered for removal. I can see a few in your pics that could be removed and wouldn't stress the plants out. You could remove a couple of the largest from each main colas which wouldn't cause any drama. Did I mention that your plants look great lol
Bang on the money Prof. My lighter defol this time round felt right for the quads as it creates a natural open space below the canopy. From recent reading and info about the buds needing the wind as much as the light for producing bigger pollen catchers within itself. It seems to have worked quite well BUT... i do wish i had taken a few more leaves out and a lot more lower larf. Experimenting here too with the quad needs and testing the theory around NOT removing too much leaf as buds dont have to be in direct sunlight to swell and produce well. It is from a conversation with prof in a previous post. Seeeing these ladies bounce back on here from so many different variations on the defol theme is an education to say the least. Cant remember who it was here that brutally defols to sugar leaves all over Prof ??? but may have been InTheShed. Never thought they could recover as they did with it . shocking but inspiring all the same. After week 4 is a time often mentioned as a cut off point for replacing leaves so i avoid it after that unless dying or cant be tucked .

for me now it is on flower so far , i wouldnt strip like a defol again in case of overstressing her. They can be very sensative to stress now and could panic into producing pollen sacs to seed themselves before their perceived early death. A few blocking leave here and there wont hurt but tucking them would be a better way if possible. Keep the airflow within the canopy moving to develop your lower decent buds too. they rely on breezes for pollen catching so create chunky buds to catch it wherever the air flow is. long winded ( no pun intended!) but basically less defol, more air movement within the whole structure. look beautiful mate. nice job
Thanks for the advice Gg .I think your right about the airflow comment I have 2 clip fans above the canopy and one fan below on the floor of the tent blowing across at an angle. The fan on the floor is set to low I will turn it up a little more to promote those lower ones to fatten up and help prevent any mold growth

GZ update

These ladies are doing well and seem to be growing nicely. I am planning on cleaning out and wiping down all the walls and floors in the 3x3 to get ready to put these girls in there so I can get them under a stronger light they are stretching quite a bit under the florescent .

20190726_191034.jpg
20190726_191015.jpg
20190726_191000.jpg
20190726_190950.jpg
20190726_190942.jpg
20190726_190924.jpg
Nice im trying to get up and pot up my clones to solo cups. Looking good:ganjamon::nerd-with-glasses:

Thanks for the compliments prof really appreciate it.
Your right on everyone has a different opinion on the defoil subject I was on the fence about doing it at all. After watching your journal and seeing how the Os responded to the defoil I was more comfortable talking some leaves and so far I'm glad I did it. I am going to take your advice and give a good look over the girls and maybe take a few leaves but I won't over do it

Wasn't me taking sugars GG! But I agree with your advice on taking leaves deep in flower. Airflow down below and the ones sitting on top of another bud would be all I take after the end-of-stretch thinning.

Great plants N!
Thanks for stopping by shed.
Appreciate the advice I'm going to have a look tonight after lights on and maybe just take a few if they are blocking bud sites or if I'm concerned about air flow between the leaves

Nice im trying to get up and pot up my clones to solo cups. Looking good:ganjamon::nerd-with-glasses:
Hey scrogster I'm hoping to get the tent cleaned out today I just finished drying my last harvest in there so we are on the the next round

Wasn't me taking sugars GG! But I agree with your advice on taking leaves deep in flower. Airflow down below and the ones sitting on top of another bud would be all I take after the end-of-stretch thinning.

Great plants N!
am sure it was in profs thread. may have been preston9mm. ?

Gorilla Zkittlez Update

Happy Sunday everyone hope your weekends are going well.
Yesterday I cleaned my 3x3 tent with a bleach based cleaner cleaned the floors ,walls,ceiling and floors as well as the exhaust fan and the light. The cleaner is pretty smelly so let the tent air out for the rest of the day.

One thing I want to figure out is some way to filter the air coming from my intake which is a piece of 4 inch ducting because I find I draw alot of pet hair and other things into the tent. Maybe some pantyhose on the end ? You guys have any ideas.

The Gz is growing well other then being quite stretched because of the lack of light. I have the vents wide open on the dome and have shifted the dome lid to the side to lower the rh in there to get them used to life out of the dome.
20190728_082704.jpg
20190728_082537.jpg

20190728_082734.jpg
20190728_082756.jpg
20190728_082812.jpg
20190728_082832.jpg
20190728_082902.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez Update

Happy Sunday everyone hope your weekends are going well.
Yesterday I cleaned my 3x3 tent with a bleach based cleaner cleaned the floors ,walls,ceiling and floors as well as the exhaust fan and the light. The cleaner is pretty smelly so let the tent air out for the rest of the day.

One thing I want to figure out is some way to filter the air coming from my intake which is a piece of 4 inch ducting because I find I draw alot of pet hair and other things into the tent. Maybe some pantyhose on the end ? You guys have any ideas.

The Gz is growing well other then being quite stretched because of the lack of light. I have the vents wide open on the dome and have shifted the dome lid to the side to lower the rh in there to get them used to life out of the dome.
20190728_082704.jpg
20190728_082537.jpg

20190728_082734.jpg
20190728_082756.jpg
20190728_082812.jpg
20190728_082832.jpg
20190728_082902.jpg
Toothpick time for the leaning lady. if its in the right place it will only offer support to grow and not weaken it . such a vulnerable time. i hate this bit.lol
good luck and fingers crossed for you

Toothpick time for the leaning lady. if its in the right place it will only offer support to grow and not weaken it . such a vulnerable time. i hate this bit.lol
good luck and fingers crossed for you

Hey Gg your exactly right about the toothpick comment I will figure something out to give her some support. Ya this is the part of the grow that is a little tough for sure. I like them a little bigger so they can put up with my clumsy attempt at gardening lol

Hey Gg your exactly right about the toothpick comment I will figure something out to give her some support. Ya this is the part of the grow that is a little tough for sure. I like them a little bigger so they can put up with my clumsy attempt at gardening lol
your not alone on this one mate. i garden like Shrek !!. The toothpick/stake works well if right at the side of the lean so any breeze doesnt bend/kink that fragile supersoft stem but still forces her to be strong and support herself. fingers so crossed for you mate. cpuld always pot her into deeper pot and bury her stem before she gets damaged.
sorry , kills me to lose seedlings mate , they dont come cheap anymore !

your not alone on this one mate. i garden like Shrek !!. The toothpick/stake works well if right at the side of the lean so any breeze doesnt bend/kink that fragile supersoft stem but still forces her to be strong and support herself. fingers so crossed for you mate. cpuld always pot her into deeper pot and bury her stem before she gets damaged.
sorry , kills me to lose seedlings mate , they dont come cheap anymore !
I always seem to run into this with the florescent I start them under probably because of the dome being tall so the light is to far away. I was washing my 1 gallon fabric pots today to get them ready for these girls. You are so right on the price of seeds I was actually checking out seedsman this afternoon and saw a couple of Barney's that caught my eye that I may just have to order

I moved the Gz into the tent tonight and put them under the bigger led. I dimmed the light as low as it would go and hung it 32 inches above the plants. After an hour or so I went down to check my temps and humidity it was 71 degrees and 56% rh the plants seemed to be responding well to the new environment.

I gave one of the girls a bit of support using a paper clip because she was so stretchy ( thanks Gg)
20190728_204004.jpg

Unfortunately I found some silver streaks on one of the plants and after a closer look I found this
20190728_190849.jpg
20190728_204212.jpg

The little brown spot on the first picture is a thrip:( I am going to start spraying them soon but wonder if they are to young to spray?

Here is the rest of them no thrips on them as far as I can tell
20190728_204140.jpg
20190728_204056.jpg
20190728_204038.jpg
20190728_190959.jpg

Back
Top Bottom