N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Took a few bud shots in the tent last night.

Phantom Og

Blueberry Og ( Moon Rocks lol )

Everything is moving along not a whole lot going on just waiting for these ladies to finish. I've been staggering my res changes only doing 1 or 2 every couple of days just to cut down on the work load plus 2 of the plants are feeding a little slower.
very very nice looking Buds.

Hey everyone I'm planning my next seed drop and wondering when breeders say the flowering time for auto's is 8-9 weeks if that means from the time they actually start flowing or is that total time from seed germination to flower?

Hey everyone I'm planning my next seed drop and wondering when breeders say the flowering time for auto's is 8-9 weeks if that means from the time they actually start flowing or is that total time from seed germination to flower?
I have seen sites say from seed to harvest and others say from when it starts flowering....same as flowering time in photos. Do they count from flip or first sign of pistols.

I have seen sites say from seed to harvest and others say from when it starts flowering....same as flowering time in photos. Do they count from flip or first sign of pistols.
It's kinda confusing. My next seeds are going to be from Fastbuds and they say 8-9 weeks flowering so not sure what they mean by that. With photos I think they mean from the first sign of pistils. I usually count from the flip then watch the thricomes when it's in the window it's supposed to be done.
I'm just trying to decide which way I want to grow them Dwc or Pro Mix. We usually go away on weekends in the summer camping and what not and have a friend look after the girls while I'm gone and I'm not to confident in his ability to look after Dwc plants.

It's kinda confusing. My next seeds are going to be from Fastbuds and they say 8-9 weeks flowering so not sure what they mean by that. With photos I think they mean from the first sign of pistils. I usually count from the flip then watch the thricomes when it's in the window it's supposed to be done.
I'm just trying to decide which way I want to grow them Dwc or Pro Mix. We usually go away on weekends in the summer camping and what not and have a friend look after the girls while I'm gone and I'm not to confident in his ability to look after Dwc plants.
I have always taken those times like a grain of salt. I am sure we have all had plants finish before and even way after the time suggested. I tossed an auto in with this last seed drop. It started off to the point I almost tossed it. Read a little and found out that some of them start off weird then BOOM , they take off like rockets. Good luck though. Hopefully it works out for you.

I go with from seed. They often take longer but some can finish as early as they say. No matter what they say I always aim for 70 days and then make a judgement. Most of the time I chop before then anyway. My next run will be with autos and I'm strangely nervous lol

I have always taken those times like a grain of salt. I am sure we have all had plants finish before and even way after the time suggested. I tossed an auto in with this last seed drop. It started off to the point I almost tossed it. Read a little and found out that some of them start off weird then BOOM , they take off like rockets. Good luck though. Hopefully it works out for you.
Ya I've never grown an auto so it's all new too me. I didn't say it before but welcome to the journal @BubbleBucketz glad to have you!

Ya I've never grown an auto so it's all new too me. I didn't say it before but welcome to the journal @BubbleBucketz glad to have you!
Thank you very much. Happy to be here. I love looking to see what people have in their gardens.

same as ever mate. fast buds do tend to mix up there actual times. My blackberry finished in the 8 week slot but the other all went like normalnphotoperiods once they hit flowering actual. I went 5 weeks before onset of flowering so I think this also has a bearing on the overall grow time. All were done within 13 weeks from actual seed in plug if that helps. If they start flowering at 3 weeks then add the normal flowering time from actual flowers. feels bang on then.

I go with from seed. They often take longer but some can finish as early as they say. No matter what they say I always aim for 70 days and then make a judgement. Most of the time I chop before then anyway. My next run will be with autos and I'm strangely nervous lol
Hey Prof good to see you buddy! I was thinking they meant from seed when I read it. I'm leaning towards Pro Mix and Mega Crop for the simplicity and pretty confident my buddy can figure out how to pour some water on some dirt every couple of days and not have to worry about ph and ppms. I know what you mean about being nervous about auto's it's the fear of the unknown and if you make a mistake with photos you just veg them a bit longer auto's just do what they want!

same as ever mate. fast buds do tend to mix up there actual times. My blackberry finished in the 8 week slot but the other all went like normalnphotoperiods once they hit flowering actual. I went 5 weeks before onset of flowering so I think this also has a bearing on the overall grow time. All were done within 13 weeks from actual seed in plug if that helps. If they start flowering at 3 weeks then add the normal flowering time from actual flowers. feels bang on then.
Thanks Gg! That makes sense and happy you chimed in. I've seen that most auto's start to flower at around 30 days from some of the journals I've followed so what you said is pretty much bang on and can probably assume it will be around 13 weeks from seed drop to harvest.

Thanks Gg! That makes sense and happy you chimed in. I've seen that most auto's start to flower at around 30 days from some of the journals I've followed so what you said is pretty much bang on and can probably assume it will be around 13 weeks from seed drop to harvest.
bamg on the thinking mate. you will be amazed at their initial growth rates. quite scary on a photoperiod mind set. you will love the experience but dont be afraid to train as I was. I got a bit off popcorn as I didnt want to remove anything in case recovery was affected. I regret not doing and know it would have stoked those biggies even more. Good luck mate. excited to follow along

Back
Top Bottom