Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - Adjustable 80-420W DIY COB

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 -

420-magazine-mobile1722568633.jpg

Collecting some frozen BHO from the same Atomical Haze i am growing right now. Well, from another clone harvested November but i feel like Doc Brown a bit. lol

Later
420-magazine-mobile935969745.jpg

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More
Yummy . .

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY

Nice looking stuff did you make that from sugar leafs or nuggets? i don't like dabbin either call me old fashionated but joints and bong is way to go =)
Pretty resinous trim and smaller buds mixed.

I like to take a few drops onto my tobacco when i roll a cigarette, or on my weed when i smoke a bong. Pretty strong stuff. Must already have a lot of CBN. got me pretty sleepy but also very relaxed after a first rush of trippy stone

420-magazine-mobile1187438942.jpg

Heres some for you from yesterday. I moved the plants around a bit and raised the 4 clones one inch from the ground.

The Big plant is stressed out so i wanted to let her chill a while

420-magazine-mobile953418567.jpg

She got a good defol and needs some rest. I think she also could use some zinc. The entire plant seems to get a lil pale. Maybe the is suffering from an infection... I dont know.

420-magazine-mobile348421866.jpg

420-magazine-mobile198295724.jpg

The 3 AH clones are a little pale and imbalanced too, only my favourite it standing tall so i gave her the seat in first row

The CO2 was around 600ppm yesterday because i had the almost the entire house open during slowly boiling out the BHO in the kitchen for 2 hours. Even if i had it safe enough wearing safety eye protection and some thick leather clothes arround my face neck, upper body incl badass welding gloves on and stuff plus the fire extinquisher next to me I will never do BHO again. Its just not worth risking anything for it. Anyway. Back to the plants :)

420-magazine-mobile1562756995.jpg

420-magazine-mobile71608142.jpg

Going Sahara for the next 2 days so i can water them when i will leave the house for a week sunday morning. I dimmed the lights down to 300 to be safe from light burn for the week out of the house.

WOULD YOU GUYS do a final defol and trim from the undergrowth from the smaller plants A) day 13 after flip to 12/12, so right before i leave
or B) day 21 after the flip when i'll be back? Not shure. All i know is i will be happy with 5oz from all the plants so i will have smoke for 6 month. Looking out for the colas of the Nebula clone.

Expectations are low at the moment.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY

Yesterday before lights out i noticed that ALL roots that were looking out of the bottom of the pots died back, now just dry brown tips look out of the pots.

Great. There was one day the temps went up like crazy, pots were warm to the touch, 26c at the bottom.

I have no other explanation besides a faulty ph meter and way to acidic water or serious nute imba due overdried and too heavy fed soil.

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W

26c at the bottom.

That is kind O' hot for the container bottom. what is your usual temps there?
Edit: 26c, is 79 ish F, I dont think that is a unrecoverable temp. I have never measured down there.

I expect roots to die of when they poke through the bottom and get exposed to light and air and what all. I dunno?

You are talking about the air pots, right?

I am sending you healing grow vibes. :Namaste:

Cheers:cheer:

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W

That is kind O' hot for the container bottom. what is your usual temps there?
Edit: 26c, is 79 ish F, I dont think that is a unrecoverable temp. I have never measured down there.

I expect roots to die of when they poke through the bottom and get exposed to light and air and what all. I dunno?

You are talking about the air pots, right?

I am sending you healing grow vibes. :Namaste:

Cheers:cheer:
Healing grow vibes. Yeah, thanks, we need this. Tomorrow i will be leaving the house for 7 or 8 nights. This sucks to an amount unimaginable lol

It was that one day my wife thought she might freeze to death at 20c and turned up the heat in every room adding candles everywhere while i was out the entire day. In the evening i had 32 above and 26c below the canopy. Usually i have 24 to 27 on top and 20 to 22 down there during the days. Its on all the pots, air and regular. I used airpots before and dont remember the roots down there looking beat up like that. Because usually its humid and almost no light down there. Different case this time. My deco plants in the living room still have the white roots, same genetics, soil and pots but just water, no liquid feed and 18 to 22 max temps in there. So i thought this is a real problem because i expected them growing better/faster after the 12h night was introduced to them. This is gonna cost me yield big time, pretty shure bout that already

Maybe they dried out without me noticing plants suffer from underwatering.

The thing is i wanted to sit the pots to a 'swick' out of perlite and create a connection between the moist perlite and the roots that shoot out of the pots, but bollocks, no alive roots there any more. Since i am in this closet ive never seen such a vital root system i used to see in my tent.

I think i will put some swick containers under them anyway and add a layer of wet perlite on top of the soil too... Maybe this will keep the soil moist for a while.

Are there known fungus or disease that kill root systems? Because if i Stick my Finger into the soil i can see the same on the soil surface. Dried out thin roots, alot of roots, but no white ones. Maybe itsnjust the outer layer due The heat and inside everything is fine.

Yesterday before lights out i noticed that ALL roots that were looking out of the bottom of the pots died back, now just dry brown tips look out of the pots.

Great. There was one day the temps went up like crazy, pots were warm to the touch, 26c at the bottom.

I have no other explanation besides a faulty ph meter and way to acidic water or serious nute imba due overdried and too heavy fed soil.

i think the roots will always die when they exposed like KelticBlue said, happened to me before you should buy something like AN sensizym or other brands similar product it should make the deadroot zone food for the plant so nothing to worry about =)

you should think about autopot you can leave home for 1 week or more easy depends how big tank you buy =)

I already give them Hesi Zyme twice a week :)

I thought about Swicking and some DIY Ollas for the future grows because i want to use Airpots again and the Autopot System is to pricey and unflexible once you went for a kit.

Swicking is placing a big flat container with a algablocking fabric under the pots and create a connection between perlite and roots. You can fill huge amounts of water inside the Container and the plants suck out what they need due to capilar forces. You can only water them, no nutes, so top feed, time released nutes in the soil or actually living organic soil is a must, but at least they dont dry out.

I will make some pictures from below the pots. I have only one hour this evening before lights out and tomorrow morning 1 hours after lights on for them before i leave...

Maybe the healthiest plant gets a bigger pot this evening, i dont know. But i will definately remove undergrowth before lights out so they get some rest right after it. Have to sit at work for another hour. Thanks for your help

Final update this morning. I am out of the house already.

Defoliated some lower shoots and fanleafs blocking the center

Nebula mother and the Atomical Clones looking pale, more like lime greenish, flushed the soil a few days ago, so its sulfur, zinc or some other deficiency i believe. Time will tell.

They recieved a good watering with 20% dosage VEG nutes, regular dosage CalMag 4-0-0 plus iron, manganese and zinc. Also a drop supervit, zymes and low dose root solute. 40% bloom nutes on top to start promote the early budding.

75% percent rain water 25% hard tap water.

Put damp perlite on the soil so it stays moist a lil longer. The big plant also recieved a layer of wet perlite under the pot. Lets see how dry they will be on wednesday when my buddy checks on them.

420-magazine-mobile1047114479.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1092512619.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1074006724.jpg
420-magazine-mobile244166738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1374555253.jpg

Its almost like leaving a crying baby behind so i am kind of sad and hope they will do the best out of the situation.
Besides the colour i am happy with the colas growing more towards the light.

I wish you all a good time and happy plants .

Hy Seymore, I like your light. Looks like your girls fancy it. Nice thick growth and I bet the nugs are gonna be solid gold here! I'll keep an eye on and wish you good luck! You can check out my watering solution it makes thick stems so far on my girl. I got link in my signature. Keep up the good work and I'm joining the DIY COB Club (DCC) in few months! Lovely! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY

My auto Dark Devils knocked my dick in the dirt! Slightly a creeper effect but I wasn't just couch locked. I was a part of the couch.
0828162244.jpg
How was the yield and how was the time from bean to harvest?

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Looking good.

I go away as well so I setup a simple drip system

I'll check to mules setup too.

I'm finding no stretch takes getting used to with cobs.

Growth coming from everywhere.

Crop King White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

Thanks guys. Day 4 out of the house, 84 hours after the last good watering and now my mates car broke down. No watering today. Strike. Now is lights out time and i have no clue what happened since sunday. At least no one called that the house burned down.....

What you guys think, pretty shitty aye?
I guess the big one and the 8L Airpots could be pretty dry....

SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Thanks guys. Day 4 out of the house, 84 hours after the last good watering and now my mates car broke down. No watering today. Strike. Now is lights out time and i have no clue what happened since sunday. At least no one called that the house burned down.....

What you guys think, pretty shitty aye?
I guess the big one and the 8L Airpots could be pretty dry....

SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas
Fudge. Hoping it isn't too bad brother. Will he get to them tomorrow or is that put on hold? Would be pretty shite aye!!

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Darn.. I bet they can withstand some time, depending on how strong is your intake fan. The LEDs are pretty cool so air makes up for most of evaporation. Good luck man! *crossing fingers*

Back
Top Bottom