Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - Adjustable 80-420W DIY COB

re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY COB

Hey time for a few words after todays feeding and defoliation. Pretty crowded branching on all the plants

The Big Mama in the middle really could have been spread out the entire 2x3 within another 2 weeks.

Next time i try to flower only 2 plants in there. I dont like seeing none of them could reach anywhere close their full potential

Yesterday was a bad day. I told you i had to be at work the last 3 days from 6am to 8pm. Lights are on 9am/9pm.

When i arrived at home i noticed 90°F in there. A good 88 on the surface of the leaves and even 80 under the canopy. The pots felt warm too. That was it with the happy plants. They seemed stressed out, of course, even showing signs of light bleach as they were growing to the light another few cm. My wife was turning up the heaters in the house and some candles too that were causing this. Grrrrr.

My environment is the only factor that really keeps stressing me and the girls. I really could use a seperated shelter i could provide a steady climate in.

I used to grow on 2m3 in spring/summer and fall, but with 1m3 the winter it is almost impossible to get a good and steady climate good for our favourite plants. At least without the risk of mold on the walls of the house.

I have to think about the future of my hobby in this room in the cold month.

Not really a big progress on growth so no pictures for today. The budsites are developing and i'll take a few pictures tomorrow.

So todays work:
Watering/feeding, defoliation, foliar feed

BTW:
I changed the wattage of the lights and
dimmed the 6x4000K from 270 to 240W
The Veros run at 100W so i went down 40W in total to see what happens with the heat from the chips and drivers.

See you soon .

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY COB

I know what you mean by battling the temps, my wife has our house at a steady 25/26 degrees C constantly and with ambient temperatures like that it's a struggle even with the switch to COB's. One thing that will help your girls to battle heat stress, or any stress for that matter is seaweed or kelp. Sometimes I think that is the main reason I make it through my grows, give it a try if possible it shouldn't be too hard to find or expensive. Good luck and I hope they're better next time you look in :thumb:

How are you using it? Try to find some over ebay.

After i decreased the wattage from 270 to 240 on the HLG240 the temps on its surface dropped from 50C to 42C and i also put it right on top of the extraction fan about 1m away from the canopy. When i left the home for a night shift an hour ago the temps were at 26c. I am glad we made over the freezing point of 0C outside and i can leave the window open during lights on. Hopefully it stays this way. :)

420-magazine-mobile1308218768.jpg

I cut 10 new clones off the 12/12 plants and put them in my new diy greenhouse :) lets see how that turns out. Time for a small heating mat

I either pick some up from the beach and add it to my compost, or I use Maxicrop/Fishmix or Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree *cough* lol. It's cheap enough and has a lot of what cannabis specific nutrients need all in one :thumb:

I know what you mean by battling the temps, my wife has our house at a steady 25/26 degrees C constantly and with ambient temperatures like that it's a struggle even with the switch to COB's. One thing that will help your girls to battle heat stress, or any stress for that matter is seaweed or kelp. Sometimes I think that is the main reason I make it through my grows, give it a try if possible it shouldn't be too hard to find or expensive. Good luck and I hope they're better next time you look in :thumb:
Damn straight, seaweed/kelp extract is the shit. We got Kelpak down here in South Africa, I use it on the regular, my temps are also a bit on the high side so I imagine it has helped .

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Oh my, I couldnt take it if my house was kept over 20-21c tops. No way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just soak it in some 'empty' water over night and add that to the feed or do you spray it too?

I am waiting for the mail so i could fire up my new LEDs later that day.

730nm + 740-745nm diodes get their driver today. Hopefully :)

The plants recieved a tiny amount of Canna Terra Vega and Hesi TNT this morning because i want them to stretch a littlebit more and they are looking good. I noticed right after i started with a part of bloom nutes in the mix they slowed down.

I think i am at the max of nutes they should get in the next couple of days because the tip of some leaves burning. Maybe 1mm nothing big, but i think some plain rainwater is enough for now

1 The Nebula Clone in the Airpot is very resistant and i like this one the most at the moment. I'll show you later. I have to avoid anything else but Airpots for the future. The 1L Airpots i directly planted this badge in after i cut them are absolutely awesome. This is a picture i made during the transplant to the 8l Airpot.

420-magazine-mobile1695540649.jpg

The Nebula is already starting to smell fruity. Definately nothing i noticed during the last Atomical Haze grow :)
See you later

Yay!

Yesterday before lights out i brushed through the canopy to get a clue what formed down there because it is really really bushy..

I am glad they start yellowing the tiny branches and leaves down where the light is not present. Maybe 3 inches down the canopy. so they will drop over the next weeks and i dont have to cut them. If flowered with this thick carpet i am shure mold would be coming.

For the people struggling with temperatures: i read Nebula seems to be fine with temps up to 35c and still produce resinous and tasty buds. Maybe you should give it a try. :)

Funny you should mention the Nebula as I had a freebie one of those with one of my orders so I would have grown it in the past, I'm off to see what I thought of it, thankfully these journals come in handy for that as my memory is bad lol :thumb:

It is known for a trippy buzz and a taste that reminds of honey and fruits. 60 sativa 40 indica.

What strains you have this time? I am looking out for something for pain, sleep, almost narcotic. Maybe an auto for my small tent. A quick flowering sledgehammer for the morning between night shifts. Any suggestions?

I tend to go for strains that have a knockout effect on me too and I don't think you can go far wrong with Incredible Bulk for that, unfortunately it isn't an Auto and the only auto's I've grown (Dark Devil Auto and Think Big) aren't really great for that, in fact the DDA will have you awake and doing things without even realising it.

I found the Paradise Nebula that I had grown but that grow was full of problems and I failed that particular strain, did it no justice whatsoever. Maybe I'll revisit it someday but currently I have 14 Killer Skunk, 1 Sweet Cheese and 2 of my own strain (Incredible Bulk x White Strawberry Skunk) growing out.

My feminised seed plants that I created by using Colloidal Silver on an Incredible Bulk plant then using that pollen on a female WSS are especially hungry for magnesium and look as though they will inherit the majority of genes from the IB plant which bodes well for the meds they'll produce. If they knock me out as I like I won't be growing much else except as a bit of variety as I still have around 180 or so seeds left to get through :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom