Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - Adjustable 80-420W DIY COB

re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY COB

I tend to go for strains that have a knockout effect on me too and I don't think you can go far wrong with Incredible Bulk for that, unfortunately it isn't an Auto and the only auto's I've grown (Dark Devil Auto and Think Big) aren't really great for that, in fact the DDA will have you awake and doing things without even realising it.

I found the Paradise Nebula that I had grown but that grow was full of problems and I failed that particular strain, did it no justice whatsoever. Maybe I'll revisit it someday but currently I have 14 Killer Skunk, 1 Sweet Cheese and 2 of my own strain (Incredible Bulk x White Strawberry Skunk) growing out.

My feminised seed plants that I created by using Colloidal Silver on an Incredible Bulk plant then using that pollen on a female WSS are especially hungry for magnesium and look as though they will inherit the majority of genes from the IB plant which bodes well for the meds they'll produce. If they knock me out as I like I won't be growing much else except as a bit of variety as I still have around 180 or so seeds left to get through :thumb:

My auto Dark Devils knocked my dick in the dirt! Slightly a creeper effect but I wasn't just couch locked. I was a part of the couch.
0828162244.jpg

re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY COB

My auto Dark Devils knocked my dick in the dirt! Slightly a creeper effect but I wasn't just couch locked. I was a part of the couch.

That seems strange, all three of mine were an amazingly uplifting experience which was fantastic for the daytime but definitely a no no at night. I know of two phenotypes regarding that DDA and I've also seen people leave it for much longer than the seedbanks recommendation but usually the effects told are pretty much the same. If it was left a long time over then maybe it had a fair amount of CBN which I think would probably offer the same effect although supposedly in a more groggy type of way.

I'm not sure if you were in this thread but if you were and you had the couch lock effect I must have missed your post:

Dark Devil Auto - A Community Grow Record

If you want to know about DDA's Seymore you might enjoy reading that thread, it's a goldmine of information about a lot of other stuff too :thumb:

That seems strange, all three of mine were an amazingly uplifting experience which was fantastic for the daytime but definitely a no no at night. I know of two phenotypes regarding that DDA and I've also seen people leave it for much longer than the seedbanks recommendation but usually the effects told are pretty much the same. If it was left a long time over then maybe it had a fair amount of CBN which I think would probably offer the same effect although supposedly in a more groggy type of way.

I'm not sure if you were in this thread but if you were and you had the couch lock effect I must have missed your post:

Dark Devil Auto - A Community Grow Record

If you want to know about DDA's Seymore you might enjoy reading that thread, it's a goldmine of information about a lot of other stuff too :thumb:
I wasnt in that thread but I did do a review of that strain in 1 of my journals. My dark devils are straight lay you out type of buzz. Large, dark violet and very potent. That is strange. Ive got 2 seedlings going now that I will be breeding for more seed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A little update from yesterday evening an hour before night

420-magazine-mobile1386737386.jpg

Reminds me of some Dark Souls Boss Fight lol

420-magazine-mobile156074032.jpg

420-magazine-mobile966084530.jpg

My little favourite
420-magazine-mobile2058534687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile702635601.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1804786463.jpg

Give them old Hazes some room for spreading out. 5V USB powered 120mm Fan blowing fresh air through the canopy
420-magazine-mobile1895333814.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2012942873.jpg

Nebula mom seems not so happy. I dont like regular pots. Dont fit my watering
420-magazine-mobile1780497550.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1151028571.jpg

This morning i could see the first starshine forming on the tiny tiny Nebula budsites. . .

My driver for the 730-745nm LED arrives in 2-3 hours. I have to do all the mounting and soldering later this day and give the plants a break until i managed to light the diodes and set the timer.

Besides that i have to do some tests on the whole 'light wattage, plant distance, room temperature' thing with lights on and off because i have to leave the house between Sunday 12th and Monday the 20th and try to get the best environment for them without anyone there opening or closing windows or controling heat/vents. guess this LED modification is the best opportunity to get that done.

I only want this one special friend to check on them during that time but he is a busy guy so i dont want to bother him more then 1 or 2 times watering them.

Thats the plan: let the plants dry out until the leaves start to hang a bit. This should be the case tomorrow morning.

Then i will water them so they will be almost dry again on Sunday 12th so i could give them plenty of feed right before i leave.

Hopefully this way they will be fairly dry again when my 'not so green thumb' friend will overwater them a bit 4 days later. so they dont dry out until i get back home another 4 days later :)

I guess thats where the fun starts about 3 weeks after the flip :)

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

So i am about done with the far red flower initiator.

Goes on couple of seconds before lights out for about 15 minutes. I only used 12 diodes running at 18W. 1x 740-745nm and 2x 730nm diodes in each corner

Camera only sees where i am pointing. Its everywhere :)

420-magazine-mobile1682799415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1735426752.jpg

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY

A little update from this evening. Not shure if they are stretching at all. I think this is my fault and it kind of will cost me. I have this flower booster you apply once starting flower and then twice a week during mid and late flower. For watering/foliar.

it kind of regulates growth, the bottle says 'promotes horizontal growth' oops

I guess on a tight packed canopy like this long vertical colas are key. I am stupid. I should have waited until they stretched to a point i liked more and not use any flower nutes until the certicla growth stops on its own

What do you think by the pictures from the last few days...should i expect the colas growing taller?

I watched the pictures from two days ago and i cant see any stretch. :/
Think this will look like sea of golfballs, not colas

420-magazine-mobile1289953229.jpg

420-magazine-mobile627739484.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1759868171.jpg

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY

Looking very nice! keep up the good work. good that you got rid of the spider mites i have never actually even seen them been lucky i guess i only get them pesky banana flys or what they called not so much anymore after started using autopots since they are feed from bottom the surface stays dry so they can't lay eggs =) nice lights you have there i am actually thinkin of trying out LEDs on my next grow they just seems to be so expensive compared to HPS lights and there is endless fight witch one are actually better so have to see if i want to invest on LEDs. Subbed btw =)

ps.i'm actually very interest about atomical haze, i like almost everything that has haze in them =)

Finally the CO2 Meter arrived. . . .

First test on the outside.
Small village a lilbit off the map almost no traffic an hour ago. PPM 320 after 10 minutes

Now 'rush hour' lol, means i could hear alot of cars about 300m away... PPM375 after 10 minutes.

Kind of makes sense for a first try, lets see what happens inside the house, especially in the grow room. Its still between 0 and 10 degrees outside so the windows are mostly shut, 2 adults 2 animals living in here, lot of electrical stuff running.

I think the CO2 could be pretty high vs outside

See you later .

Update:
Hung the meter into the canopy (fyi i have a strong active intake on the bottom front of the wardrobe and swirl it under and over the canopy before it gets extracted. The extraction fan is pretty strong for my space. the grow room in the back of the house where the windows are shut between my lights on time and we only spend time there sleeping in the next room. The wardrobe pulls alot of air. So much for the backround

So i hooked up the meter into the canopy, left the room open for ten minutes, came back in holding my breath for a good while and i got straight 1110PPM.

I put the sensor directly onto the opening of the (obviously preactivated but mechanicaly enclosed and) freshly opened Mushroom Bag that came today sitting on a warming mat for a couple of hours and it went straight up to <3000PPM. I think the MyCO2 guys have the only customer activated Bag. Read something bout that.

So i added that smelly co2 bastardo to the bottom of the tent near a 120mmFan@5V

Since i am sitting in here writing and slowly breathing out co2 its climbing. After 5 minutes with door closed 1140, another 5 more minutes later 1200 right now. have to say i trust this little guy. All it says makes perfect sense to me.

420-magazine-mobile711328890.jpg

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY

So i am about done with the far red flower initiator.

Goes on couple of seconds before lights out for about 15 minutes. I only used 12 diodes running at 18W. 1x 740-745nm and 2x 730nm diodes in each corner

Camera only sees where i am pointing. Its everywhere :)

420-magazine-mobile1682799415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1735426752.jpg

Also keep in mind that all of our cameras have both UV and IR filters so there is MUCH more infrared there then your camera is showing too! How do I know? I have removed the IR/UV filter on a camera I have and use it as a test camera for things like this. Even your phone camera blocks out MOST of the IR that's actually there.

If anyone wants further instruction on removing IR/UV filters from camera lenses let me know.

I have 20°C/68F/60% in the opened room, 24C/75F/50% in the wardrobe. I keep the door of the room shut now and have a look how warm its getting in there at 320W before lights out.

In a perfect world i would get my 1500ppm at about max 90F in there so i could keep this room closed with a small dehumidifier running smoothly till harvest. :)

Re: Seymore Nuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula &amp;amp;amp;amp; Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 420W DIY

Also keep in mind that all of our cameras have both UV and IR filters so there is MUCH more infrared there then your camera is showing too! How do I know? I have removed the IR/UV filter on a camera I have and use it as a test camera for things like this. Even your phone camera blocks out MOST of the IR that's actually there.

If anyone wants further instruction on removing IR/UV filters from camera lenses let me know.

I think it is a good amount far red from the 90Cri during the entire day. The same for the pure far red for sleepy time on my tiny canopy and i actually think its working good. Keep shooting about IR and UV stuff bro. PM about that camhack if you want. I have to get my hands on a good uv source soon. are there some useful diodes out there that do something good? The best thing would be a single bulb i could place in the center of my fixture for one hour during the days.

Another 15 minutes later with closed door i went up to 27c with 1250ppm 15cm above canopy

Fanleaf, do you have some data/pictures on ppm and ppfd? Btw, I run the Clus at 6x40W and the Veros at 2x50W ~18-20 inches away right now

I know what you mean. If i will be able to let the room closed without AC i would seal the door and buy a tank with a timer.

it settled around 1100PPM and after i pressed out the air of the bag it jumped to 1450 for a couple of seconds... So its doing something :)

I dont know for shure But around 1100 sounds good for my light what do you think? Had to dim it a bit to 300W, plants seem a bit strange. The 2 AH im Airpots had an identical K exess, the one in the regular pot not but all thee would need more room, the big plant suffered from its own tight canopy so i gave her a good haircut, way too late. Wasted energy. Have some strong cuttings in a glas with root booster i could try revegging and use in about 9 weeks. Only my favourite is looking like a painting. So strong.

If i learned one thing this round its i have to grow 6 smaller plants in 2 gal airpots with no training/minor LST or 2 big plants in 5 gal with heavy training. 2x3 with front ventilaton is not my favourite coming from 3,3x3,3 with 4 side ventilaton

I know what you mean. If i will be able to let the room closed without AC i would seal the door and buy a tank with a timer.

it settled around 1100PPM and after i pressed out the air of the bag it jumped to 1450 for a couple of seconds... So its doing something :)

I dont know for shure But around 1100 sounds good for my light what do you think? Had to dim it a bit to 300W, plants seem a bit strange. The 2 AH im Airpots had an identical K exess, the one in the regular pot not but all thee would need more room, the big plant suffered from its own tight canopy so i gave her a good haircut, way too late. Wasted energy. Have some strong cuttings in a glas with root booster i could try revegging and use in about 9 weeks. Only my favourite is looking like a painting. So strong.

If i learned one thing this round its i have to grow 6 smaller plants in 2 gal airpots with no training/minor LST or 2 big plants in 5 gal with heavy training. 2x3 with front ventilaton is not my favourite coming from 3,3x3,3 with 4 side ventilaton

i am pretty new with all this extra co2 thing but what i found out reading online is that the amount co2 needed goes hand to hand with the par rating of your lights higher the par higher the co2 needed specially with led lights since they have higher par rating close range than HID's lights. Maybe i need to get my self co2 meeter how much did yours cost?

Also what i heard from grow shop owner where i buy almost everything i use he said that if you plan to use any co2 delivery system you should use timer on your exhaust fan and set it that the fat stop for every hour for 10-15 minutes when the lights are off so the fan don't suck all the co2 out of grow space.

Re: SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula &amp; Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY

What i have learned from CO2 Users here on 420 was that the weed only use CO2 during the day. The more light weed gets the higher conductivity responses from the stomata.

So using CO2 during the night and shutting of the exhaust during the nights is wasted money and wrong in general.

Better validate this information again amd face your growshopbuddy he was spreading misinformation.

The meter i have cost me 68e in a bundle with the right power supply. Its a german company, assembled in germany, calibrated in germany. Well the same for my car, but this little meter i trust more :)))

If you want one station including humidity youd have to pay at least 60 more E to get it in one decent unit.

What i have learned from CO2 Users here on 420 was that the weed only use CO2 during the day. The more light weed gets the higher conductivity responses from the stomata.

So using CO2 during the night and shutting of the exhaust during the nights is wasted money and wrong in general.

Better validate this information again amd face your growshopbuddy he was spreading misinformation.

The meter i have cost me 68e in a bundle with the right power supply. Its a german company, assembled in germany, calibrated in germany.

Agreed, only needed during lights on :)

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Back
Top Bottom