Neikodog's 1st High Brix Multi-Strain

Thanks Shrike! I will definitely check that out. I have a lot to learn about the different delivery methods but the thought of vaporizing just makes sense health wise. I have never smoked tobacco so I have "virgin lungs" and I can start to feel the effect on them from my short time smoking weed. I never used to cough, but now in the mornings it seems a good coughing is necessary to get the lungs going.

I know what you mean. Now that I smoke cigs again and bud non stop my lungs are wrecked. It takes me a couple hours in the mornings to get normal for the day. I only started cigs again thinking I would smoke less bud (back when I had to buy bud) but its actually the opposite. Smoking bud makes me want a cig and a cig makes me want a bowl... I am pretty much and smoking one thing or the other at all times most of the day. Now that I have as much free bud as I could ever want I really need to quit the cigs so I can free up some more lung capacity for the buds :rofl:

Same with me...never smoked cigarettes except to try them when I was a kid. And I have a very sensitive throat and smoking would always give me a morning cough if I did it for too many days or weeks in a row. And frankly, even vaping, if you use a portable or even a desktop model that doesn't have water diffusion, will sometimes make me cough. I think it is because the vapor can be very dry and for some of the vapes the vapor may still have some heat to it.

But with the Cloud, the only time I cough is when I take too big a hit. Sometimes you just are not aware of how much vapor you're pulling in because of the taste and smoothness of the vapor and then you get hit with that expansion in your lungs and you end up coughing. Note though, that the cough is different than a combusting cough and does not leave your throat feeling burned and scratchy.

And as far as that "morning" cough...I never experience it from vaping with the Evo...only from combusting continuously.

Sounds like that is what I should do. I am very sensitive toharsh smoke especially that "chemical" burn in the back of my throat. I can't tell you how much dispensary weed l over paid for and didn't smoke because it was just unpleasant to smoke, it got me high but that ain't enough in my book for that kind of money.

Yeah...been there myself. Hope you find what works for you. Again, I don't want to sound like I work for VapeXhale. I'm just the kind of person that really promotes something I know really works, but I also call bullshit when I see it, also. A lot of people that were always bong snobs and would never think of vaping, have been totally won over by the Evo. I think it's mainly because of that ability to just take major rips just like they can with their bongs. Except, now they are getting amazing tastes to go along with it.

Guess if you know of any people or places in your area that have/use a number of vaporizers, see if you can get a chance to try some of them out. Do your research ahead of time and you'll be happy with your purchase...it works for me...:thumb:

No prob...glad to offer some info...and Happy Birthday!! :party:

Hope you have a great one tomorrow. If you want/need any more questions answered, feel free to ask/pm me. Glad to help out.

Hey Shrike, I am looking on their website and the new cloud evo and it starts at $450.00 then it says step 1 choose a glass mouthpiece and they are basically $200-$300. It says it comes with 1 glass mouthpiece. Do you use the one that came with it or do I need to buy an additional mouthpiece to use water? It isn't really clear.

The 450 price comes with 1 "dry" mouthpiece...meaning it is not a water tool, just a dry mouthpiece for inhaling the vapors. It will be tasty with that, but it does not diffuse the vapor and you may still cough with it.

If you want to get a water tool for it, I would go one of two ways. Either buy a nice glass piece on your own from another site, which would allow you to also combust now and then (if you want to)...

...or purchase one of their Hydra tubes to use specifically with the Evo. Like I said, I have both and enjoy using each depending on my mood and how much diffusion I am looking for.

My recommendation at this time is to get a HT. And if you want to save a LOT of money at the moment your timing is great. The HT called the SSFG Hydraline is actually for sale on MassDrop right now and has already reached the lowest price of only 169. Since the normal price is 275, that is a great savings right now. If I wasn't broke right now, I would have definitely picked one up.

Once you start collecting glass you're in trouble of contracting GAS (Glass Acquisition Syndrome). I had it for awhile, but finances have curtailed it for now...but I know it will come back, and I welcome it when it does. A fun hobby and it is great to see how different pieces work.

So, if you're going to purchase today, my "suggestion" is buy the base Evo with the glass mouthpiece and then go over to MD and grab the SSFG Hydraline for use as your water tool. That to me would be a great combo and you should enjoy it very much...

I agree scrubby that some Vapes are overly complicated. It's definitely an evolving market, but they are getting better and better all the time...

The Evo just has an on/off switch and a vernier dial to adjust the temps. That's it! I still love a bong hit every now and then, but since I will be using this fabulous plant every day for the rest of my life, it is comforting to still get the same results or better with a Vape and know I am helping out my lungs and throat a whole lot.

No matter what you choose, you'll be fine. It's not only great that we have so many choices these days, but it's great that we don't even have to choose one or the other. I choose both, though I do lean 80-90% toward vaping most of the time.

I'm with you guys...there are people out there that take sides. There are definitely the combusting camps and definitely the vaping camps. I still love both worlds. I grew up many years ago just smoking J's and with bongs, so the nostalgia for that never left me. But, the first time I took a draw from my Cloud, and tasted terpenes I never knew existed, I was hooked on vaping.

Your plan sounds...well, sound to me! Enjoy those birthdays, both of you!

Thanks for the tip Shrike. Scrubby I am not opposed at all to a bong. My wife's birthday is Saturday so maybe a new Vaporizer with the hydraline AND a bong. Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks guys.

Mutual gifts work great! Two parties enjoying for price of one...
..avoid the iron and vacuum...nothing mutually enjoyable there at all.. :rofl:

Thanks again guys! Scrubby, I've never heard of massdrop dot com before. that is a cool site. The hydraline is on drop for 2 more days, and e bay has the base unit for $330 with free shipping. Hot Damn, look all the cash I am saving, the wife will be proud of all the money I just saved! She taught me well!:thanks:

As long as you guys are talking about vaporizers ...

I just got a SmokeTower for a POTY prize, and it's my first experience with vaping. How does that one rate, Shrike?

It feels a lot like a bong without the slight dry combustible burn you get from even a bong. Very smooth. I'm still struggling with calibrating the high, though. It seems to creep a lot more than the two-hit bat I usually use.

I guess im just a lil ol fashioned! I dont smoke every day so I dont worry about my throat or lungs. I do absolutely love a nice joint and a cold beer out on the patio after din din or whenever. To me its a relaxing moment to be savored. Dont get me wrong, I love the high but i rather enjoy the nostalgia :)

That's great! Just make sure that the Unit you're purchasing off of Ebay is a real Evo. I know that some "old" Clouds have been sold on Ebay that have no warranty and no recourse if they break.

Edit:::you have a url for that Ebay purchase? Don't know if I can tell for sure if it is legit, but I wouldn't mind the look...

As long as you guys are talking about vaporizers ...

I just got a SmokeTower for a POTY prize, and it's my first experience with vaping. How does that one rate, Shrike?

It feels a lot like a bong without the slight dry combustible burn you get from even a bong. Very smooth. I'm still struggling with calibrating the high, though. It seems to creep a lot more than the two-hit bat I usually use.

Sorry GT...I don't have any experience with the SmokeTower or know anyone who has one.

There is definitely a small learning curve when switching from smoking to vaping. The main thing to remember is that vaping at lower temps will give you more flavor and more of an uplifting, clear headed high. As you crank up the temps., you'll bring more of the actives in to play. When you get to the highest temps, this "usually" is where you want to be when you're ready for night night time.

Again...this is just a simplistic example. Reality of use is a bit more nuanced.

One thing I love doing every now and then is mixing 3-6 different strains in my vape and then go through a few different temps. Believed I entered a different dimension more than once doing that...:yikes::riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom