Neikodog's 1st High Brix Multi-Strain

For the most part, when it starts to taste like slightly burned popcorn, it's spent. Different Vapes extract more efficiently than others.

Yes, you can absolutely vape at 1 temp and then move on to different temps. That's part of the draw for me is the different flavors, different highs. All good!! You can also vape on low, turn it off and come back later, turn it back on and continue and it will still taste good. You can't do that with smoking...once you combust, it's not the best tasting when you come back later to finish the bowl...

^^ What Neiko said,

I've played with the temps and can get it high enough to darken what's in the bowl. I can see smoky vapor in the glass and it can be smoke if the temp is too high, etc. I was surprised that the vapor can be cloudy too. This method uses material suspended between two screens with hot air off a heater tube. I can pull hard and fast, or slow cook it in a long draw.

But it's hard to know how to stop - when. I looked at the spent stuff from one bowl with a loupe and saw some remaining intact trichs. Dunno. It's not like I don't have enough weed to waste ... :laughtwo: ... but ...

Good stuff can't wait to hear how you like it and have a great bday! I want one now too but between the unexpected money I had to spend to replace my av reciever this week and the mini split I want to put in it might be awile...

Sounds like the 'tower uses convection, GT.

Convection vapes are the best way to get those nice "clouds" of vapor. Conduction vapes usually just heat up the bottom and sides of where your flowers are. It is mainly used in most portables and will get the job done, but doesn't allow for hard long pulls. The material will cool off too quickly to sustain that. But with convection, you have the same temp heated air passing over and through your material giving you better control over how thick you want your clouds.

If you are having left over trichs, there may be some uneven heating. A good practice might be to stop halfway through (or whenever you like) and stir the bowl/container where the flowers are. This usually will help use all the load to completion.

As a side note, if your bowl's are cached...you can always keep the abv (after been vaped) material to make food products with it. It usually is better to use than leftovers from combusting.

And yes, GT...some vapes can be made hot enough to combust. best to know what your limits are on your vape and then try to not exceed those settings...

You got it neiko...glad I could be of help. You and your wife should love it.

I know everyone that has tried mine is blown away by how well it works. They can't believe that the vapor white walling the glass tube is vapor and not smoke.

So all this talk about back in the day got me feeling nostalgic. I ended up rolling a mini version of the monster bahama joints I used to roll for parties in HS. It was all Mexican brick back in the day and I would roll them at least twice as big as this but this one is full of amazing bud and its just me :rofl: I managed to get a little more than half way through before one more coughing fit was going to make me puke and I am tore up now, it was even parts blue dream, hurkle and plushberry with some blue dream bubble hash mixed in for good measure :tokin:

Time to get back to work now :rofl:

DSC_4486_140DSC_4486_sm.JPG
DSC_4489_141DSC_4489_sm.JPG

You can get back to work..lol??!!

That looks great, Smokey. I may vape most of my time now, but I sure as hell wouldn't refuse that joint if it was passed my way. And I would enjoy the hell out of every hit. :thumb:

Yeah im a software engineer and work stoned all the time. If i'm not I don't get much accomplished because i'm to board, my ADD kicks in and I cant sit still long enough to get anything done...

Hell I used to work on muscle relaxers and narcotics along with it, its a walk in the park now that I am off the narcs. I had my first doc apt today since telling him I wanted to start weening off and he wasn't expecting me to be off of them all already. He was super stoked and said I made his week. He is always asking about my plants and what works and doesn't, he used to grow when he was younger. I showed him some pictures of what were doing and what our plants look like on my phone and he about shit :rofl:

So all this talk about back in the day got me feeling nostalgic. I ended up rolling a mini version of the monster bahama joints I used to roll for parties in HS. It was all Mexican brick back in the day and I would roll them at least twice as big as this but this one is full of amazing bud and its just me :rofl: I managed to get a little more than half way through before one more coughing fit was going to make me puke and I am tore up now, it was even parts blue dream, hurkle and plushberry with some blue dream bubble hash mixed in for good measure :tokin:

Time to get back to work now :rofl:

DSC_4486_140DSC_4486_sm.JPG
DSC_4489_141DSC_4489_sm.JPG

Hey smokey that magazine for rolling is awesome....lol. Hey speaking of smoking I got some green called Killa McFly from some boys in MI....lol.

Well it's time for me to whine some more. Day 7 of round 2 on germination and still nothing. Soooo I uncovered the seed in one pot to find NO seed again. I checked the other 3 and no seeds there either. Jesus this isn't rocket science. I started round 3 just in case and for my own sanity I just started them in Fox Farm light warrior which is what I did last time, those are on day 2, nothing yet but I still got time on those. It has to be my seeds. The real pisser is I don't have anymore Malawi seeds. I was really hoping for new seedlings for my birthday, but I guess the grow gods have other plans. Anyway I'm done whining, time to order more seeds. :peacetwo:

Damn sorry Neiko. How much roots did you put in the last time. I went back through and noticed that you used kind of a lot on the first batch. I only use a little pinch in my fingers and dust it over the top of the cup, not much at all. It's the only thing I can think of that could possibly make the soil hungry enough to be eating your seeds but I have no idea if thats what it is. One of my penny seeds finally popped through today so hopefully the other penny and the blue blood will be up shortly. I only have one more penny seed left and there non fem so im pretty worried that I wont get a single female at this point.

Hopefully your FF seeds work, im pulling for yah!

Smokey, this is what I did for round 2:
Foolproof seed starting:

1. soak seeds in RO for 12 hours. INcrease to 24 hours if seeds are more than 2 years old.
2. using small pots of High Brix soil (or any soil, but let's do this the best way we can) make a divit with the blunt end of a Sharpie....1/2 inch deep....no more. 1/4" is fine if the soil is thick and clay-like.
3. Fill small hole you just made with Roots! (or some other rockpowder/myko product
4. Using chopsticks, carefully remove a seed from the cup of water and drop it into the hole, gently cover it with dirt and keep it moist.

As long as the soil stays slightly moist, you'll have something above ground within a week. Better than that, you'll have a tap root that reaches down 4 inches before you see a seedling.

Make sure they germinate under bright light.
Do not cover seedlings in a humidity dome or anything like that. They're not cuttings and such treatment won't help anything, and will favor males, damping off and all sorts of issues. Don't do it.

The paper-towel method is really not a good way to go for several reasons:

1. exposes root to light
2. requires handling of roots
3. does not allow the plant to orient via Gravitropism.

You'll do much better doing it like I describe above.

Doc's instructions. The only variation was a couple of the seeds had cracked before I planted them but 2 didn't, same result.

Well it's time for me to whine some more. Day 7 of round 2 on germination and still nothing. Soooo I uncovered the seed in one pot to find NO seed again. I checked the other 3 and no seeds there either. Jesus this isn't rocket science. I started round 3 just in case and for my own sanity I just started them in Fox Farm light warrior which is what I did last time, those are on day 2, nothing yet but I still got time on those. It has to be my seeds. The real pisser is I don't have anymore Malawi seeds. I was really hoping for new seedlings for my birthday, but I guess the grow gods have other plans. Anyway I'm done whining, time to order more seeds. :peacetwo:

A few years ago, I ordered 100 seeds from a former sponsor here. Out of the 100 seeds, I got exactly 12 to germinate and they sucked! sometimes a batch of seeds just won't work. BTW, your soil isn't "eating" them. I promise. You've got bad seeds, sir.

Back
Top Bottom