Congratulations on your X mas sprout Nev and may you continue to enjoy days of fun with the family :) I don't remember. Is this an auto or a photo run?

Merry Christmas @Nev!

It sounds like that's what's been going on!
It’s just a special time for the little ones. Food, laughter and good family times.

Is this an auto or a photo run?
I should have stated but I didn’t. These are Autos . I’ve only grown autos for the last year trying to speedily get a variety built up. My problem is when I do photos I end up just cloning what is growing and only have a couple different strains my jars to choose from.
:lot-o-toke:

I should have stated but I didn’t. These are Autos . I’ve only grown autos for the last year trying to speedily get a variety built up. My problem is when I do photos I end up just cloning what is growing and only have a couple different strains my jars to choose from.
:lot-o-toke:
Thanks. I'm going to study your technique going forward because the plants you are producing are magnificent. Will you share growth stages and training? I did my first auto run a few months back and I battled a bit. I am currently running two more and they are about the same growth stage as yours.

Merry Christmas to you and your sprouts and all those you love!
ChristmasAK.jpg

Will you share growth stages and training?
I am currently running two more and they are about the same growth stage as yours.
I’m unfortunately not dependable enough to run a nice structured journal at this time but I will definitely put an effort to show the tent at different stages and I’m more then happy to answer any questions you may have about how I do certain steps of the training.
I will say that my technic is very similar to @Carcass He got me going full on LST with the autos.

Do you have a journal type page with your new auto grow? I’ll go check it out.

Merry Christmas to you and your sprouts and all those you love!
Thank you Shed

I will say that my technic is very similar to @Carcass He got me going full on LST with the autos
I have a little experience opening up a canopy but I am not sure how far I can push it on the autos. When do you top? Do you take off the lower branches or leave them?
Do you have a journal type page with your new auto grow? I’ll go check it out.
Thank you I do. It's this one. It has only recently started because my sprouts are a week old. Couldn't Resist A Christmas Auto Grow

Merry Christmas Nev and the start of a new grow
Thank you West Hippie. I hope you had a nice Christmas and I hope you have a prosperous new year with large and shiny nugs all year long.:peace:

When do you top? Do you take off the lower branches or leave them?
I top my autos between the 4th and 5th node removing the 5th.

On taking off the lower limbs I’ve left them on and also removed the lower 2 branches. With that I believe that by removing the lower two branches, nodes 1 and 2 I had a little better production in the final weight. So by removing the Two lower branches and the 5th node that leaves you with nodes 3 and 4 to train and make what would be called a quad.

I also top on one day then remove the lower branches a day later just trying to minimize the stress. I have no idea if it helps I just do it that way.
I’ve had a couple plants that flowered to soon so they were not topped. I have personally always topped my autos before they get to flower or maybe just showing.

It's this one. It has only recently started because my sprouts are a week old
I did go find your journal last night. Thank you for sharing that. I’ll be around:)

Thank you West Hippie. I hope you had a nice Christmas and I hope you have a prosperous new year with large and shiny nugs all year long.:peace:

I top my autos between the 4th and 5th node removing the 5th.

On taking off the lower limbs I’ve left them on and also removed the lower 2 branches. With that I believe that by removing the lower two branches, nodes 1 and 2 I had a little better production in the final weight. So by removing the Two lower branches and the 5th node that leaves you with nodes 3 and 4 to train and make what would be called a quad.

I also top on one day then remove the lower branches a day later just trying to minimize the stress. I have no idea if it helps I just do it that way.
I’ve had a couple plants that flowered to soon so they were not topped. I have personally always topped my autos before they get to flower or maybe just showing.

I did go find your journal last night. Thank you for sharing that. I’ll be around:)
Maybe by the first of the year I get a seed to sprout , I’m starting to think my seeds were crushed at customs. I did get one to sprout and have started a mother plant. Happy New Year Happy Growing Nev .

Not a lot going on with these little ones after my typical failures of getting some seedlings started.
I will say this is the first time I’ve used repurposed potting soil.
It is just a mix of old auto flower potting soil mixed with my own compost. I’m second guessing myself now for doing this even though they aren’t in their final pots yet.:oops:

The 1st sprout came up with very mottled in color leaf and that being a sign of malnutrition or lack of the proper nutes. Seems to me it should be mainly feeding off the cotyledons still at this time.

Feedings will be with @GeoFlora Nutrients veg and bloom along with a supplement of CalMag+ 2-0-0 and an Alaska fish emulsion.
I sprinkled a tiny bit of CalMag+ on the soil in each solo cup at drop the cracked seed and today watered them with a fish Emulsion and some CalMag+

So the oldest shall be known as No Mas and is the discolored one she is 14 days today.
#2 is 13 days and will be called Si Mas. These are both Gorilla Glue #4’s.
The last plant is a Chocolate Skunk and popped up Xmas day she’s X Mas:rolleyes:

I will be topping them once I get a good 5th node up and going at them with my typical aggressive LST.

Couple picks of what’s up at the 2’x4’ today. Thank you 🙏 kindly for peeking in. :love:

B5F8469A-988B-4F2F-8CD9-A10E71090F9A.jpeg
D1E649AC-B57E-4452-91F0-262BBDABCD45.jpeg
0109EA2D-1AB0-40DC-A74F-933CAD62C7F5.jpeg
591055D8-B1CA-4EB2-8DBF-682B951EACBC.jpeg

And this is my view of all the activity that abounds in the the 2x4.

Right now I’m starting to moisten all the soil in the pots in preparation to uppotting these girls in the next few days.

One other thing I’m using 3 gallon pots on the X Mas CSkunk and the No Mas glue.
E149C5BE-4299-4779-8CD1-59C3721785F9.jpeg
The Si Mas glue will go in a 5 qallon. I would like to see the difference in root balls of the 2 GGs also any final bud weights. The Glues I’ve grown in the past have been in 5 gallon pots.

Seriously this is why I get frustrated and just want to say F it.
I smoked some of my newly 30 day cured CBD Lemon Potion this morning instead of my normal BruceBanner or Cheetoz and I really wasn’t feeling it much. Finished my coffee and started maintenance on the plants. I soon realized something wasn’t right.
I have 2 chocolate, skunk autos and 1 gorilla glue auto and my dates are also fricken messed.
With that I believe I should just start over for my own benefit as well as anyone else that should look at this.

So what I have going on after dropping 7 seeds of 4 different strains and breeders Is 3 plants.
1 GorillaGlue auto from Beaver and 2 ChocolateSkunk autos from 00 seeds.

1 GorillaGlue auto and 1 ChocolateSkunk auto broke soil on Dec 21 and then the 2nd CS auto broke out on Dec 25th. That makes two at 20 days and one at 16 days today. For my own benefit I will refer as everyone being at 20 days old and moving forward.

Over the last three or four days I started by upcanning 1 ChocolateSkunk then the other 2.
The next day I removed the lower 2 nodes on two plants That gets me here to today. I still have one that isn’t ready yet to be topped.
This morning I topped 2 of the plants above the 4th node. That now gives me my base to start the training of the quads. That makes me Happy.:)

I took a few pictures of the young ones. One is a bit unhappy and cupping leaves.
They are under a NextLight 150 I’m using for only the 2nd time in the veg stage.
Currently the light is running close to 75% and I just raised it about 2” so it’s sitting 19” from the tops. It seems that I have this issue a lot.

By the way I really do appreciate anyone that peeks into my small den of joy.
Let’s keep the peace and share the love.:love:
04AEB5BD-6A9D-49C3-822E-BEF6BE5BB7DC.jpeg

I think a decent ball for the auto upcan.
A5194562-D24E-4090-949B-7FA7B4D75584.jpeg
7C6DC885-23CE-43A5-B34E-11045E79F719.jpeg

These two pics are the GorillaGlue auto topped and trimmed today day 20.
78E5EA85-31A4-4AD8-96EF-89E605026E83.jpeg
0A7A35D1-AAE4-4291-9E06-5083805FD0DB.jpeg
These 2 pics are of the ChocolateSkunk auto. She’s the unhappy one at day 20.
3E0E8D8A-A10E-47CB-9FCB-54FC5401DE9C.jpeg
Thats it from here and the young ones.:love:

:circle-of-love: 《======= how I feel seeing your babies
Ms Carbone the little ones feel your ❤️

That's hysterical! Excellent names and nice looking plants. I think they'll grow out of the discoloration, which is exactly what I said to Carcass so at least I'm consistent.
:)
I may not be consistent but the names will remain the same.:laughtwo:

Hey Nev! Those are some promising looking little ladies you've got there.

The largest auto I ever grew was a CS from 00 Seeds back in 2020. She grew so much she caught me off guard and got away from me.

Here's a little blurb from that thread:

"The last plant in this grow, an auto Chocolate Skunk is down. She was a hot mess that grew so top heavy she was falling all over herself. It was a lovely sight to behold. If her main cola had stayed upright instead of slumping over, she would have been 4ft tall from the soil level. I had never reached that height with an auto before and was unprepared to keep her standing up."
p1030054-jpg.2106290

Happy Growing!

Looks like you're off to a great start, Nev!
I'm a bit behind you, but I should be upcanning something one of these days- meanwhile, I'll watch yours-
I need a little refresher course on autos anyhow..:high-five:

Seriously this is why I get frustrated and just want to say F it.

I'm not sure I understand why you're frustrated. Is it because you weren't keeping track of the days? That shouldn't be an issue because you have your journal to refer to, right? That's what I do with my journal when I can't remember a detail.

I smoked some of my newly 30 day cured CBD Lemon Potion this morning instead of my normal BruceBanner or Cheetoz and I really wasn’t feeling it much.

Is this why you're frustrated? What were you expecting to feel with a CBD strain?

Finished my coffee and started maintenance on the plants. I soon realized something wasn’t right.
I have 2 chocolate, skunk autos and 1 gorilla glue auto and my dates are also fricken messed.
With that I believe I should just start over for my own benefit as well as anyone else that should look at this.

So what I have going on after dropping 7 seeds of 4 different strains and breeders Is 3 plants.
1 GorillaGlue auto from Beaver and 2 ChocolateSkunk autos from 00 seeds.

1 GorillaGlue auto and 1 ChocolateSkunk auto broke soil on Dec 21 and then the 2nd CS auto broke out on Dec 25th. That makes two at 20 days and one at 16 days today. For my own benefit I will refer as everyone being at 20 days old and moving forward.

Over the last three or four days I started by upcanning 1 ChocolateSkunk then the other 2.
The next day I removed the lower 2 nodes on two plants That gets me here to today. I still have one that isn’t ready yet to be topped.
This morning I topped 2 of the plants above the 4th node. That now gives me my base to start the training of the quads. That makes me Happy.:)

Yay!! We've figured out their age and upcanned them! :welldone:

These two pics are the GorillaGlue auto topped and trimmed today day 20.
0A7A35D1-AAE4-4291-9E06-5083805FD0DB.jpeg

I find it interesting that you removed the 2 lower nodes but kept the cotyledon. Any particular reason why?

Back
Top Bottom