New Grower: Excited To Learn

I think I would like to try my hand with the DIY quantum boards at some point.
Ive thought about that too. They obviously work. They are very cost affective, easy to fix and scalable. But i love my lights

Just checked out the diy for LED mr.magoo and pennywise and others liked and I'm looking at I have a few good friends that can build the lights for me will be talking to them about it and they should give me some good advice

Just checked out the diy for LED mr.magoo and pennywise and others liked and I'm looking at I have a few good friends that can build the lights for me will be talking to them about it and they should give me some good advice
If you could get something like that going and ready for your first run then you would be doing great in the lighting department.

If you could get something like that going and ready for your first run then you would be doing great in the lighting department.
Hey mr. Magoo just checked with my friend he gave me some real good information and he helped me pick out a light system it's viparspectra 600w full grow light spectrum and it's only $20 more than what the one I picked

Well I have found all the materials for the grow tent except the carbon scrubber and exhaust fan, and a timer any help would be greatly appreciated on picking one, my grow tent is 24x48x70 I am picking up the small things as I can.

Doing research on light's now, any suggestions would be great. Will post later on what I am looking at. Lighting is what I have been researching is the biggest concern alongside the nutrient water using in the hydroponics. I will be looking at nutritional supplies after that and again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Poparo,
Welcome again and I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself. So you're a disabled Veteran, Thank you for protecting my American Freedom, Sir.
There seems to be a bunch of disabled folks here, just looking for a little pain relief. Problem is, we are on a strict budget being disabled.
Lights, .... factor in what the cost of kilowatt, how much will these lights draw (amps). I live in kilowatt hell so it was important for me to choose a very effective but low drawing LED light. Plus factor in the space and what each LED light will cover. Is it set up for all three stages? Seedlings, Veg and flower.
How much heat does this kind, brand, watt cause? And last warranty.
You said that you are very detailed oriented so this will work out in your favor.
I chose the Mars-Hydro reflector 96 for my first indoor grow because the cost of electricity in my area. Turned on it's just a little above running a four slice toaster in the Veg state. The flower, a little more. The coverage is good for a 48"x48" tent. Cost $140.00. I was told that Mars-Hydro stands by there product the also have a rep. here that can help you choose and will give you a discount.
@SmokeSara, is her name if you choose to go with Mars-Hydro products.
On the other hand, if I had more money I would go with a COB set up instead of LED. Good luck with your grow and enjoy the journey!
Green Day's to you !

John :rollit:

Welcome John wick (love the name) I did look at the mars- hydro and I talked with my friend about the light situation and he gave me great advice and after I get this grow going I plan on getting more lights for the tent and keep growing thank you for your help and advice.

The lights I plan on using for my tent VIPARSPECTRA PAR600 600W 12-band LED Grow Light - 3-Switches Full Spectrum for Indoor if any one has used this light system any help would be greatly appreciated.

The lights I plan on using for my tent VIPARSPECTRA PAR600 600W 12-band LED Grow Light - 3-Switches Full Spectrum for Indoor if any one has used this light system any help would be greatly appreciated.

How many did you wind up with?

How many watts does it actually pull?
250 with all 3 lights on if following the instructions blue and white for the veg stage it's lower but in flowering stage all 3 lights on 250

I'm also looking to put side lights in the grow tent but I'm only grow 2 plants and the coverage for the light is really good I talked to a couple of grower's that use this light system and they gave me a good feed back and ideas for me to use for side lights to use in the flowing stage.

Thanks pennywise I am looking for what advice for the side lights friend said it should be white to help with the flowering stage and they don't have to be really powerful, just adding more light spectrum for growth any help would be appreciated thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom