New grower having worries need help please

Kyokai

420 Member
So I’ve been trying to grow plants out doors I live on the east coast one of my plants look different then the others and starting to yellow I changed the soil last night cause I didn’t start out with the right soil I am now using happy farm I’m unsure of the strain moved and ended up mixing all of my seeds was wondering if I could get a little advice

D1045FEA-DDF2-42D5-AA4F-D09D69646CE6.jpeg

43F64D76-AD49-4D50-BECA-023C9226057A.jpeg

89FFB9D9-CDFE-47B9-9EC8-E316A20AB44D.jpeg

7FC2C7F5-5D13-4DAE-86F9-DAEBD6CB6666.jpeg

0E557686-2D01-4A50-A2AD-D617E21C79F1.jpeg

D5FEA752-BDF0-4385-9ECA-21E95C4BD01E.jpeg

05A5122D-C0C9-4A34-9939-50DE1C70F173.jpeg

7FAC722F-1447-4B97-A8F1-3D843BFFF8A3.jpeg

So I’ve been trying to grow plants out doors I live on the east coast one of my plants look different then the others and starting to yellow I changed the soil last night cause I didn’t start out with the right soil I am now using happy farm I’m unsure of the strain moved and ended up mixing all of my seeds was wondering if I could get a little advice

D1045FEA-DDF2-42D5-AA4F-D09D69646CE6.jpeg

43F64D76-AD49-4D50-BECA-023C9226057A.jpeg

89FFB9D9-CDFE-47B9-9EC8-E316A20AB44D.jpeg

7FC2C7F5-5D13-4DAE-86F9-DAEBD6CB6666.jpeg

0E557686-2D01-4A50-A2AD-D617E21C79F1.jpeg

D5FEA752-BDF0-4385-9ECA-21E95C4BD01E.jpeg

05A5122D-C0C9-4A34-9939-50DE1C70F173.jpeg

7FAC722F-1447-4B97-A8F1-3D843BFFF8A3.jpeg
Cute girls @Kyokai welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
Your ladies are starving.
You need nutrients.
@GeoFlora Nutrients is excellent give them a try.
But in the meantime do you have anything you can feed them?
Bill

Since your growing outside there are a couple things I'd be wary of. Plants can get sunburn when they get too much direct sunlight at a young age, I'd say the pic of the plant with brownish tips may be an example of that. An easy fix would be to relocate it to an area where it receives full morning sun but maybe sun/shade in afternoon- until it matures more.

The other thing is rain water, the PH of rain water varies everywhere and it can change the soil PH. Leaves that are yellowing indicates lack of plant chlorophyll production, possibly caused by an iron deficiency, soil PH that is too alkaline prohibits the plants ability to absorb iron. Adding iron to soil will not fix this situation, the soil and water PH will have to be adjusted.

If I was growing outside I'd be monitoring my water and soil PH weekly keeping it in the 6-7 range.

Since your growing outside there are a couple things I'd be wary of. Plants can get sunburn when they get too much direct sunlight at a young age, I'd say the pic of the plant with brownish tips may be an example of that. An easy fix would be to relocate it to an area where it receives full morning sun but maybe sun/shade in afternoon- until it matures more.

The other thing is rain water, the PH of rain water varies everywhere and it can change the soil PH. Leaves that are yellowing indicates lack of plant chlorophyll production, possibly caused by an iron deficiency, soil PH that is too alkaline prohibits the plants ability to absorb iron. Adding iron to soil will not fix this situation, the soil and water PH will have to be adjusted.

If I was growing outside I'd be monitoring my water and soil PH weekly keeping it in the 6-7 range.
Okay that’s also some good advice cause they typically sit in the sun from 8am-7pm of direct sunlight and is the chlorophyll production is there something I can purchase to fix issue or recommend or do you also recommend the geoflora works like stated earlier and adjusting ph products you may recommend

If it were me, I'd cutoff all rain water from the plant that has yellowing leaves, not sunburned leaves, thats a different issue. Then adjust the water I fed the plant to 6.3-6.5 PH and continue your normal watering schedule. After 7-10 days I'd compare leaf color to known healthy plant to check progress. The nutrients including iron are already in your soil, having the PH off prevents the plant from absorbing them.

My outdoor vegetable garden is fed 6.5PH water daily because my soil runs around 8.4PH. I adjust my water with distilled white vinegar purchased for about $3 a gal at the supermarket.

Get a decent PH pen to monitor your water.

I really like this post by Emilya, it may offer additional insight for you:

pH in soil and run-off too high

It's not just Iron (Fe). It's mostly lacking Nitrogen (N). The Brown leaf tips are because the plant is eating the nutrients from the leaves since you were not supplying any. Your main issue is that your plants are hungry & lacking nutrients. The soil change should make a difference. Adding nutrients would help even more. In a week after changing your soil you should notice a pretty good difference. Get you some Mega Crop off Zon or Geo Flora Nutes & you'll be good to go.

If it were me, I'd cutoff all rain water from the plant that has yellowing leaves, not sunburned leaves, thats a different issue. Then adjust the water I fed the plant to 6.3-6.5 PH and continue your normal watering schedule. After 7-10 days I'd compare leaf color to known healthy plant to check progress. The nutrients including iron are already in your soil, having the PH off prevents the plant from absorbing them.

My outdoor vegetable garden is fed 6.5PH water daily because my soil runs around 8.4PH. I adjust my water with distilled white vinegar purchased for about $3 a gal at the supermarket.

Get a decent PH pen to monitor your water.

I really like this post by Emilya, it may offer additional insight for you:

pH in soil and run-off too high
What’s consider a good ph pen and with the water are you mixing the vinegar with water and then checking ph ?

Now when I get my geoflora do I mix it with soil or just add on top and what are some decent ph pen I’ve tried about 2-3 different ones and not sure how accurate it is
@Emilya can tell you how to use Geo Flora the best. I don't use it as it's more of an Organic Nute. She swears by it.
As far as a pH pen. I use Blue Lab which run about $90. Hanna Instruments is another good one that's around $59.
There's some other decent ones too. If you look at these pH pens you'll get a good idea what to look for.

Now when I get my geoflora do I mix it with soil or just add on top and what are some decent ph pen I’ve tried about 2-3 different ones and not sure how accurate it is
When you first start a new seedling it is recommended to mix some @GeoFlora Nutrients in with the soil. From then on, it is recommended that you top dress the soil every 2 weeks and water it in. Geoflora does not care about pH. The ONLY REASON we adjust pH is when using synthetic nutes that are locked up in their EDTA salt bonds so that they don't interact with each other in the bottle, because they are designed to break apart and become available to the plant within a very narrow and specific pH range. Other than this, there is absolutely no reason to adjust your pH unless it is well out of the bounds of normal, or outside the range of 8.5-4.5 pH. Geoflora does not care about the pH. Nor does your microbes coming in with the Geoflora or the plants, or the soil. I myself am using pH 7.1 tap water only barely treated for residual chlorine, and I don't even have to do that in a Geoflora grow... I just am for general principles. If you are going to go organic with the Geoflora or any other organic method, put your pH meter in a drawer and forget about it... you will do more harm by trying to adjust the pH with strong acids than the water itself could be doing. There is no recommended pH range for an organic grow.

When you first start a new seedling it is recommended to mix some @GeoFlora Nutrients in with the soil. From then on, it is recommended that you top dress the soil every 2 weeks and water it in. Geoflora does not care about pH. The ONLY REASON we adjust pH is when using synthetic nutes that are locked up in their EDTA salt bonds so that they don't interact with each other in the bottle, because they are designed to break apart and become available to the plant within a very narrow and specific pH range. Other than this, there is absolutely no reason to adjust your pH unless it is well out of the bounds of normal, or outside the range of 8.5-4.5 pH. Geoflora does not care about the pH. Nor does your microbes coming in with the Geoflora or the plants, or the soil. I myself am using pH 7.1 tap water only barely treated for residual chlorine, and I don't even have to do that in a Geoflora grow... I just am for general principles. If you are going to go organic with the Geoflora or any other organic method, put your pH meter in a drawer and forget about it... you will do more harm by trying to adjust the pH with strong acids than the water itself could be doing. There is no recommended pH range for an organic grow.
Now what about my girls that are already lacking nutrients do I just top dress them with geoflora or replant and add

And also this is an image of my very first indoor plant that I’ve know moved outside and changed the soil and was wondering if there was anything I could do because it is now kinda tall

868AAEFF-1670-4CA8-830F-C7620079FE75.jpeg

D5BA5E6D-5993-402A-AE08-5C0425E816B9.jpeg

31E227C6-1FC1-490C-AB30-CC0CE2F3F0D5.jpeg

And also this is an image of my very first indoor plant that I’ve know moved outside and changed the soil and was wondering if there was anything I could do because it is now kinda tall

868AAEFF-1670-4CA8-830F-C7620079FE75.jpeg

D5BA5E6D-5993-402A-AE08-5C0425E816B9.jpeg

31E227C6-1FC1-490C-AB30-CC0CE2F3F0D5.jpeg
Just top dress until you uppot. :Namaste:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom