New grower of GDP

SFLSweetie

420 Member
Hi everyone!
I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully gain some great advice as a new indoor grower. I have a GDP in mid flowering, used a scrog & pretty thrilled with what little I have grown so far. I live in MO & growing to make my own gummies for anxiety, RLS, and a Liver autoimmune disease. Its too expensive to buy when I’m only eating 1 at night to get to sleep. I don’t smoke it. I bought female seeds in Canada & now learning as I go. My target harvest date is Jan 4, 2023 but subject to change. I have very small colas and very bushy stems under the SCROG. I want to trim the fan leaves but I don’t know how to (or if I should) trim the itty bitty buds too. Any advice would be greatly valued as I haven’t seen a thread about those little buds coming off. My top buds are not growling very big. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to 420Magazine @SFLSweetie Sorry to hear about your problems. You came to the right place. I'm sure you will find lots of help here
Most people use the little bud to make oil or butter & don't trim much

@SFLSweetie , first I want to welcome you to the club. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear of your ailments but glad you have found a nature's way of feeling better.
Take a picture of your plant needing trimmed and send it to us to be more precise about giving out advise that may be detrimental to the plant, not good.
The sugar leaves are very important to make buds and on the other hand too many can deter their growth. If your light can't reach the buds due to a sugar leaf being in the way, it needs to go, but be careful not to cut the tiny leaf growing next to it.
Good luck and don't be a stranger.
Peace.

:welcome: to the forum @SFLSweetie :passitleft:

Hi everyone!
I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully gain some great advice as a new indoor grower. I have a GDP in mid flowering, used a scrog & pretty thrilled with what little I have grown so far. I live in MO & growing to make my own gummies for anxiety, RLS, and a Liver autoimmune disease. Its too expensive to buy when I’m only eating 1 at night to get to sleep. I don’t smoke it. I bought female seeds in Canada & now learning as I go. My target harvest date is Jan 4, 2023 but subject to change. I have very small colas and very bushy stems under the SCROG. I want to trim the fan leaves but I don’t know how to (or if I should) trim the itty bitty buds too. Any advice would be greatly valued as I haven’t seen a thread about those little buds coming off. My top buds are not growling very big. Thank you in advance!
I have a GDP in my perpetual rotation :morenutes:no special notes or anything, just keep scrogging, as far as defoliating goes, you can take the bigger leaves (from the stem, not the bud) and you can remove the smaller stuff, to give that energy to the top colas, just a small amount at a time though, don't want to shock it...15 big leaves at a time with 5 or 6 smaller branches/buds...that's just what I do, so opinions may very :goodluck::snowboating:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I also live in MO :ciao: SW MO to be vaguely exact :rofl:

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the @420 Magazine family. Happy Growing. CL🍀

Hi everyone!
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SFLSweetie

What type of growing do you enjoy?
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to :420:!

You might try a CBD strain for anxiety and sleep. I'm just vegging one now so don't have any results yet, but Here is a video I posted in my thread as I was gearing up for the grow. In it, the woman talks about how they use CBD in her clinic as a sort of SPA treatment for patients since it's so good for Sleep, Pain, and Anxiety.

As for trimming, I suspect most of us do it a little differently. I like to cut off the big fan leaves first, then the part of the other leaves without any frost on them and send them to my worm bin. Then I trim anything with trichomes into another pile and that can get used for edibles and tropicals and such. Then the trimmed bud goes off for drying and then curing.

How are you determining your harvest date?

What I do is, I wait until the pistils to all turn from white to dark and crinkle in, and only then do I start scoping the trichomes with a jeweler's loop. Also, the plant will dramatically slow its drinking when it's finishing, but until then it's still building bud size for you.

Once those things happen, it's really grower's choice on when to harvest.

Mostly clear trichomes - too early, the cannabinoids are not ready yet
Mostly cloudy tricks- this is the peak of potency and generally a more racy and 'up' cerebral high
More amber trichomes - a bit past peak and the thc is starting to degrade to cbn and that produces more of a 'couch lock,' body stone.

So, it really depends on how you like it.

Good luck with the harvest. And post up some pics if you want. We  love pics!

Back
Top Bottom