New grower saying hi!

Welcome Struik to 420 Magazine
Congratulations on the grow room
Below on my post is a link for new members that will help get you in the right direction. Plus visit our Sponsors and check out the 420 contest.

Honestly just in planning now. Was gonna paint the room flat white, get some lights and make sure the room has fresh air fed to it, keep the pepper plants on one side and pot plants on other side. I also mine crypto with a fairly large mining rig im gonna put in the room as that will help with airflow and provide all the heat they would need id hope.

Open to suggestions! I was trying to find info if pepper plants in the same room would mess with bud yield much?

Hey there, new grower in southern AB. Turning a room in the basement to a pot grow room and a pepper grow room.
My first grow in 2010 before my 11 year hiatus was in a room in the basement! Good luck, follow on here and your life will be much easier!
BTW, peppers are my favorite, I have 11 out back. Jalapeños, mixed bananas, green and red bells, green long sweet, carnival blend (still no purple on my tree). Great all year grow choice!

Honestly just in planning now. Was gonna paint the room flat white, get some lights and make sure the room has fresh air fed to it, keep the pepper plants on one side and pot plants on other side. I also mine crypto with a fairly large mining rig im gonna put in the room as that will help with airflow and provide all the heat they would need id hope.

Open to suggestions! I was trying to find info if pepper plants in the same room would mess with bud yield much?
I've never heard of other plants reducing yield unless they are taking up light that they could have, if you have them close though, it would be your pepper plants not getting enough light as the pot would cover a lot of space I would imagine. How much space are you working with? Tents would be an idea for you, unless you want to literally do a grow room, like I said idk how much space you want. Lighting...so many options. Since you haven't bought anything yet, check out the sponsors options for lights, seeds, nutes, soil, the whole sha-bang. I didn't come on here until after my first grow and after my second grow was halfway through...I am comfortable though with the nutes and medium I had from my initial grow years ago...can't really wave me much on that, but there is better, I'm sure. It's all about taking care of them, knowing what to look for, sign of distress or if they are happy. Learn about trimming and stress training and a plethora of other methods. Just navigate through this site. Read, read, read. I didn't comment until I started feeling comfortable. You can sit back and just see how it goes. I was a newbie and just placing pictures everywhere. Didn't really pay attention to what a journal should be. My biggest suggestion is one that was given to me, START A JOURNAL once you are ready to go. Everyone here is so helpful and expedient in their responses, truthful, and provide constructive criticism and praise. All you need is here. GOOD LUCK!

I've never heard of other plants reducing yield unless they are taking up light that they could have, if you have them close though, it would be your pepper plants not getting enough light as the pot would cover a lot of space I would imagine. How much space are you working with? Tents would be an idea for you, unless you want to literally do a grow room, like I said idk how much space you want. Lighting...so many options. Since you haven't bought anything yet, check out the sponsors options for lights, seeds, nutes, soil, the whole sha-bang. I didn't come on here until after my first grow and after my second grow was halfway through...I am comfortable though with the nutes and medium I had from my initial grow years ago...can't really wave me much on that, but there is better, I'm sure. It's all about taking care of them, knowing what to look for, sign of distress or if they are happy. Learn about trimming and stress training and a plethora of other methods. Just navigate through this site. Read, read, read. I didn't comment until I started feeling comfortable. You can sit back and just see how it goes. I was a newbie and just placing pictures everywhere. Didn't really pay attention to what a journal should be. My biggest suggestion is one that was given to me, START A JOURNAL once you are ready to go. Everyone here is so helpful and expedient in their responses, truthful, and provide constructive criticism and praise. All you need is here. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for the advice! The room is a 10ft x10ft room. I will for sure keep a journal once the process starts!

Thanks for the advice! The room is a 10ft x10ft room. I will for sure keep a journal once the process starts!
Anytime. Excited for ya!

My first grow in 2010 before my 11 year hiatus was in a room in the basement! Good luck, follow on here and your life will be much easier!
BTW, peppers are my favorite, I have 11 out back. Jalapeños, mixed bananas, green and red bells, green long sweet, carnival blend (still no purple on my tree). Great all year grow choice!
I got some cayenne pepper and Carolina reaper seeds im gonna try my hand at! Next to some Blue Pyramid autoflowering seeds

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Struik

Sound like you are still gathering equipment and supplies.
As @Krissi1982 mentioned when your ready start a journal. Here the link if you want to checkout what other growers are doing.

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and Grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I got some cayenne pepper and Carolina reaper seeds im gonna try my hand at! Next to some Blue Pyramid autoflowering seeds
Oh yum!!! I just tried the Blue Diamond Reaper Almonds-check em out! Hella good!

A shiskaberry mix! That's a new one for me! I have a Blueberry auto in my tent but I'm curious about this Blue Pyramid now!
...see this is why I am sitting on 28 seeds lol

Hey there, new grower in southern AB. Turning a room in the basement to a pot grow room and a pepper grow room.
Hello @Struik
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom