Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

Hey Lil... Hope you are starting to feel better and will be back soon... Canna asked me to post up my recipe for my PJ soil since her's has so much stuff you would have a really hard time getting... she is the Queen of DIY and has mounds on worm poop and other such stuff that the average Joe just doesn't have hanging around.... I get my worm castings and compost from a local organic farm here but you can get them where ever is easiest for you but I will admit I love Red Bud Farms and I'm sure there is some way for you to buy from them cause I know they do sell commercially too but you can check them out .... Red Bud Farm located in Blountville, Tennessee. OMRI Listed Worm Castings Organic Fertilizer and All Natural Plant Food and it will at least give you an idea of what I am using and the rest of it I buy either from Cramazon if I am in one of my funks and can't leave the house or I go to a Garden shop that sells grow equipment in the big city...:blushsmile: but here's my recipe and hope it helps ya pass the time for now if nothing else....:;):....:circle-of-love:

2 gallon ProMix HP
2 qts perlite
1 cup compost
1/4 cup yum-yum (organic nutes)
3 Tbsp beneficial mycorrhiza (Growology step 1 is what I use)
1.5 cups water

Veg soil:
6 gallons ProMix
1 gallon perlite
3 qts worm castings
6 cups compost
3.5 cups yum-yum
1 cup azomite
2 Tbsp beneficial mycorrhiza
1 qt water

bloom soil:
15 gallons ProMix
3 gallons perlite
1 gallons worm castings
3 qts compost
2 qts Yum-Yum
3 cups azomite
1.5 cups Bat Guano
2 cups rock phosphate
2.5 qts water

After you mix it all up really well put lids on it and put it away for a few days and open it up and stir it from time to time and after a while you will see a filmy mold on top... That's a good thing and means everything is working as it should be... I have used it immediately after mixing it up when in an emergency but I think it is better to let it sit for a couple of weeks....:thumb:....:circle-of-love:

Hey Lil... Hope you are starting to feel better and will be back soon... Canna asked me to post up my recipe for my PJ soil since her's has so much stuff you would have a really hard time getting... she is the Queen of DIY and has mounds on worm poop and other such stuff that the average Joe just doesn't have hanging around.... I get my worm castings and compost from a local organic farm here but you can get them where ever is easiest for you but I will admit I love Red Bud Farms and I'm sure there is some way for you to buy from them cause I know they do sell commercially too but you can check them out .... Red Bud Farm located in Blountville, Tennessee. OMRI Listed Worm Castings Organic Fertilizer and All Natural Plant Food and it will at least give you an idea of what I am using and the rest of it I buy either from Cramazon if I am in one of my funks and can't leave the house or I go to a Garden shop that sells grow equipment in the big city...:blushsmile: but here's my recipe and hope it helps ya pass the time for now if nothing else....:;):....:circle-of-love:

2 gallon ProMix HP
2 qts perlite
1 cup compost
1/4 cup yum-yum (organic nutes)
3 Tbsp beneficial mycorrhiza (Growology step 1 is what I use)
1.5 cups water

Veg soil:
6 gallons ProMix
1 gallon perlite
3 qts worm castings
6 cups compost
3.5 cups yum-yum
1 cup azomite
2 Tbsp beneficial mycorrhiza
1 qt water

bloom soil:
15 gallons ProMix
3 gallons perlite
1 gallons worm castings
3 qts compost
2 qts Yum-Yum
3 cups azomite
1.5 cups Bat Guano
2 cups rock phosphate
2.5 qts water

After you mix it all up really well put lids on it and put it away for a few days and open it up and stir it from time to time and after a while you will see a filmy mold on top... That's a good thing and means everything is working as it should be... I have used it immediately after mixing it up when in an emergency but I think it is better to let it sit for a couple of weeks....:thumb:....:circle-of-love:
Do u keep the mix inside or outside?

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

also I am really only finding small baby snails....I only found one large one yesterday. I know I was supposed to come home and rest but I could not rest until I went to visit. Found two more worm buds but when I pulled them apart for the worms....the worms were dead. I guess the spray before the rain worked some. I will hit them again tomorrow cuz the rain is supposed to be done for a few days.

Also how long should I expect the bag seeds to flour they are about 5 weeks into flower now.

Here is a snail before it met the bottom of my shoe.

420-magazine-mobile129051495.jpg

Fresh snail poop is green....I track first old poop...then look for fresh poop and there they are. Kinda hard for them to hide under ate up leaves.

My fella had to drag me away from the plants cuz I was sick and sweat was dripping from my face so I needed to go sit down somewhere.

I guess that's it for my rambling tonight...just waking up

I pulled a piece of the autopounder to look at. She is 65 days old and no amber....mostly cloudy. So altou they say 70-80 days I think she is not ready for flush

For a little piece she has my whole room smelling. I just have it drying naturally

Dang, those snails sure leave the poo! Easy to track them, so they aren't real stealthy. LOL

I sure hope you are feeling better today. Smelling nice buds ought to have helped.

Have a great day and get your rest.

:circle-of-love:

Edit: I keep my soil mixes in the garage in a big plastic trash container with a lid. The seedling soil is in a large plastic tub that you get at the dollar stores, with a lid.

I think Dennise keeps hers in an outdoor shed...but I'll let her answer that for sure.

Hi Lilred, just out of curiosity....have you looked at the MSDS sheet for the Bonide Tomato and Vegetable spray?

There are safety precautions on that regarding the sulphur and the pyrethrins ingredients. Getting it on clothing, inhaling it...etc. I'm wondering if the spray might be irritating you in some way and causing part of your illness of late?
Might be worth a look.

Hi Lilred, just out of curiosity....have you looked at the MSDS sheet for the Bonide Tomato and Vegetable spray?

There are safety precautions on that regarding the sulphur and the pyrethrins ingredients. Getting it on clothing, inhaling it...etc. I'm wondering if the spray might be irritating you in some way and causing part of your illness of late?
Might be worth a look.

I am highly allergic to sulfer. Landed me in the hospital for 5 days taking Bactrim about 10 years ago.....matter of fact it was 8 months later after that reaction that I was dx with diverticulitis

It was windy....or was blowing it everywhere. I was focused on killing worms and had no idea. I know I got some mix on my fingers when I was measuring it out.

Well, if you continue using it, use a good dust mask (you can get these in paint supply areas and hardware stores), wear an old long shirt over your clothing and use gloves. Keep your hair out of the way, a hat would be good. Wash hands thoroughly and change out of the shirt as soon as you're finished. Try to spray where the airborne spray goes away from you, not into the wind. As the instructions say, don't spray to the point of dripping off the plant.

Sulphur can be an irritant to many people, and I'm not real versed on the pyrethrins...but caution needs to be taken for you for sure.

:thumb:

Question..... if you had access to FF Ocean Forest soil would you still make your own??
I have acess to it. My local nursery just started selling it. I don't buy for two reasons....1. It cost way way way too much....2. I tend to cringe at things marketed for MJ.
the soil is obviously good enough that they selling it here now....but I am not sure about it. If MG is no good because of its continuous slow release of nutes...what make FF so different.

Educate me please

Question..... if you had access to FF Ocean Forest soil would you still make your own??

yes... I used FF before making my own and the difference is # 1 FF always has gnats... #2 you will have to add a bunch of nutes before you get to the end of your grow... It will run out of umph.... A lot of people do use the FF as their base instead of ProMix... Actually I think Smokey does but I have no idea what else they add to it other than the perlite but Smokey has had a couple of very successful grows out of a recipe he got from PJ using FF soil as the base......:circle-of-love:

I have acess to it. My local nursery just started selling it. I don't buy for two reasons....1. It cost way way way too much....2. I tend to cringe at things marketed for MJ.
the soil is obviously good enough that they selling it here now....but I am not sure about it. If MG is no good because of its continuous slow release of nutes...what make FF so different.

Educate me please

MG has synthetic nutes that release when they want to... you have no control... I used MG in my very first grow and did get to a harvest but it was harsh and pretty lousy... FF does not have synthetic nutes so does not release a bunch of crap yur girls don't need or run out of stuff that it does need... I do use the K.I.S.S. system (keep it simple) but when I used the FF soil I had to use the full line of nutes... I will admit my bounty was larger in most cases but not near as smooth and I use my produce for making meds so I don't want the synthetic anything in there...:thedoubletake:... FF is most certainly a better product than MG....:circle-of-love:

I cant see how mixing your own soil can be cost effective? Its got to be time consuming. I read where you have to sterilize it between grows?
If I up pot my Ocean forest its not that much soil used and its $10. a bag. Im a green pea and go with FF for simplicity. Im no where near the point of mixing soil.
Also, FF is a weed co., in norcal, and im sure they have allot of experience at what weed needs. My yard grows the best ever this year thanks to FF!!
20160915_101229_1_.jpg
20160915_101449.jpg

Yes. Mixing your own can be a long undertaking as your mix should cook about 30 days. Mine seems to be doing well but initially became anaerobic because of my laziness. Also, the soil amendments can cost you a bunch.

However, I just used some more FFOF because I wasn't sure how much of my mix I had left.

I'm one of those who runs FF nutes in addition to the mix at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and not necessarily according to the schedule.

Educate me please

I've used FF ocean forest and their line of nutes almost exclusively. started w FF happy frog, but there's documented ph problems w happy frog. my reasoning is that because i'm concentrating on my medical needs, i want as 'organic' as i can get (i also watch what i eat - has made a difference). i don't have the room/ability to make my own and have been happy w FFOF - i go easy on the nutes - learned easy on the nutes from Buckshot.

;)

Back
Top Bottom