Newbie Grower, Carmen Auto x Diva, Outdoors

Let's say you got 20 seeds of Red Kross. Let's say that 16 of them sprout and produce seedlings. Grow the 16 seedlings in your greenhouse. Since you are mainly interested in the autoflowering ones, they will grow up in your greenhouse under the security lights, and they will reveal their sex.

So, let's say that 8 of the plants are autoflowers and 8 are photos. The photos won't reveal their sex. The autos will – you'll get male plants and female plants (i.e. male flowers and female flowers, whereas the photos will not show any flowers). That's it. Now you can grow out your female autoflowers and harvest buds, and you can reserve one or more of the females to get pollinated. Keep one or two males and let them get close to releasing their pollen, but grab them before they do and bring them inside under a grow light, in a space where the pollen won't get loose into the environment – like a closet or bath tub.

When the male flowers open, collect the pollen into a small container with a lid. You can then keep that in the freezer. Pollen keeps for a long time in the freezer – at least 18 months. When your reserved females are ready, hand-pollinate them. There are some logistic steps... just make sure not to release pollen into the local environment... pollen can be neutralized by spraying the plants down with water.
Ok, so if I understand you, if 30-50% are true autos, then like maybe 5-8 will be true autos?
And of those, half will hypothetically be male and half female, so that means 2.5-4 plants will be males, and 2.5-4 will be females?
Eek, so I would raise 20 plants for 2.5-4 female autos?
And then what do I do with the photoperiods? Because I don't think they will want to flower under this much light.

It would be a great experiment, but right now, I've just got to grow some ganga and "stuff some jars" with bud.
My buddy spotted me some, but I need to get some stash of my own going.
But hopefully when I get to the place where I have caught up, maybe I could run an experiment like this.

I can't find any information about how many phenos will be true autos, and how many won't be. I'm gonna throw out a wild guess of 30-50% are true autos. You could buy 20 seeds and see how it goes. If you can afford it, buy twice that many. Check with the seller and see if he'll replace seed that doesn't sprout. My recommendation is to stick with the true autoflowering Red Kross phenos, for your breeding. If that works out, then you could experiment with crossing a Red Kross male with a different CBD female.

Also, keep in mind that you can take any strain autoflowering female (CBD or whatever) and subject the pre-flowers (?) to colloidal silver or gibberellic acid, to produce a male flower. I've never done this... only have heard it can be done, and of course there's precise technique involved. Then collect the pollen from that male, and you can pollinate the female flowers of the same strain, or another strain. This works for females produced from both regular seed and feminized seed. That's my understanding.

Yeah, this sounds like a great fun experiment! I think the only thing is that right now I don't have any stash at all.
My buddy sold me some of his stash to help me get going, but I pretty much need to grow some weed

Looks good, but their website says it's feminized not regular, and you were looking for "CBD only". This looks like a nice 1:1 variety.

Yeah, sorry. The themes are getting a little mixed up.
I am kind of caught in a jam, and right now I just need to gtow some medicine.
I don't have anything that throws 400-450 grams per plant (!!!), but I have some Delicious Candy (aka Delicious Cheese) which it says has "high CBD levels". I don't know if they measured it (or maybe the phenos have variation?). But it tastes (feels) like it is maybe around 1:1. Anyway, it works good for me.

Auto Blue Ace is 2:1. It is a nice flower, and it works well for me.

I would love to do the experiment, but I already have these seeds, and they are 60-70 day seeds, so that could get me a stash, so I can experiment.
Only, am still not sure what I would do with all of those photos, because I am not sure how I can flower the photos under this lighting).

I was supposed to be in bed three hours ago, and I have to leave out early. I will try to check in again tomorrow afternoon, but may be offline for two days (we will have to see).

It sounds like a great experiment! I just have to grow maybe 2-3 crops so I can build up some stash.

It sounds like a great experiment! I just have to grow maybe 2-3 crops so I can build up some stash.
OK. I was just still responding to your stated desire to grow autoflowering CBD regular seed. So far, I think this is the only option you have, the Red Kross. Without the regular seed requirement, there are tons of options, and even more options if not "all CBD". Happy growing!

Eek, so I would raise 20 plants for 2.5-4 female autos?
And then what do I do with the photoperiods? Because I don't think they will want to flower under this much light.
Because so far no other option than Red Kross. You would be finding 30-50% (let's hope) actual autoflowers, so the rest (photos) you don't care about... you can give them away or whatever. Juice 'em! :) Think of it as expensive seed that meets all your requirements: high CBD, low THC, autoflowering, regular seed. One other factor is the age of the Red Kross seed – if it's fresh, you are likely in good shape... lots will sprout. If not, that could be a show-stopper. It would be good to ask the seller when the seed was harvested.

Because so far no other option than Red Kross. You would be finding 30-50% (let's hope) actual autoflowers, so the rest (photos) you don't care about... you can give them away or whatever. Juice 'em! :) Think of it as expensive seed that meets all your requirements: high CBD, low THC, autoflowering, regular seed. One other factor is the age of the Red Kross seed – if it's fresh, you are likely in good shape... lots will sprout. If not, that could be a show-stopper. It would be good to ask the seller when the seed was harvested.

Yeah, good idea.
I have to run right now, but I hope to check with him later, and maybe ask him what he means that "some" might be auto. (Like, what percent?)

>> "Some Red Kross may be true auto.. But you might have to start a bunch to find it.

I have to run right now, but I hope to check with him later, and maybe ask him what he means that "some" might be auto. (Like, what percent?)
Good idea... he might be able to contact the original breeder, Pharmers Hemp.

Good idea... he might be able to contact the original breeder, Pharmers Hemp.
Thanks for the tip! I can't get their website to pull up, so I messaged them on FB.
Apparently they have a Red Kross 02 out now, also, so I asked them if they had any all-CBD or high-CBD auto regulars.

Thanks for the leads.
I thought of another thing, once I get settled, I can maybe grow photoperiod CBD and CBG in the summer, and then still run either 1:1 or other autos in the winter. So I guess long term there are other options.
So, I guess that means an all-CBD auto regular is not really necessary. At the moment it has just been downgraded to a "would be nice to have."

Yes, good idea to ask when the seed is from, and how it has been stored.

LSDA #2 still has what appears to be leaf curl, at 6:50 AM, and 64F (17.7C).
Yesterday she looked better, but this morning she appears curled again???
l2.jpg

Her sister got fed the same things at the same time, and she is doing fine.

clunk.jpg

She doesn't like something.

Yeah, clearly.

I would have guessed heat but that's not it at 64*. Same watering, nutes, pot height as the other one?

Sí. I made the cups at the same time, planted at the same time, same watering, etc. She was cool all yesterday, and cool all night, so I am not sure what.

Does she perk up during the day?

Ahhhh....... I messed up! It was cool earlier, so I left one door on. Now I just went up there and it was hot--so the other door is now off, and I will check her again after a couple of hours.

Lookin' good! But looks like time for bigger pots, maybe 1 gallon.

Lookin' good! But looks like time for bigger pots, maybe 1 gallon.

Well, thanks! Only, @Emilya has been helping me a lot. She teaches a watering routine where she constricts the roots. Are you perhaps familiar with it? She recommends uppotting when the plant drains the cup in 48 hours or less. My plants are getting closer, but they are not quite there yet. (And I am trying to mimic Em, at least for as long as I am growing in pots! Her grows are very impressive.)

Ah, I see. Well, they are getting closer... maybe close enough. ;)

Ok, well, I ordered 1G tall plastic containers today. Hopefully they will be here very soon!
If they don't get here in time, I only have some shallower pots (as wide as they are tall).
(Alternately, I suppose I could use a 3G cloth pot, but 3G seems like way too big of a jump.)

Ok, @Emilya , this is 2 Kongetta (Kong Super Glue), just been topped, thanks to your and @Azimuth 's help!
Is this the CalMag deficiency you were talking about earlier?
This cup is without supersoil.
I added the recommended amount of Roots liquid CalMag since the first fertilizing.
Would I add half again the recommended dose?
Or what would you do?

2kong.jpg

Also, both of the LSDAutos seem a little heat-stress up-curly, maybe?
#2 Lacey (upper right) seems even more up-curlie than Lacey #1 (bottom right).
It is 78F on the deck.
Maybe they are just sensitive to heat????
Nothing else in the tent is up-curling.
Clockwise from the lower right:
1 Lacey (2LSDAuto) lower right, 2 Lacey upper right.
2 Kongetta upper left (just topped yesterday), 1 Kongetta lower left (topped I think three days ago).

4 ea.jpg

I vote 3 gal fabric pot... they're gonna take off!

Back
Top Bottom