Newbie Grower, Carmen Auto x Diva, Outdoors

Looks like you are on top of things and I am learning some things :thumb:

Thanks Farmer!
I am just trying to follow Emilya. She wins prizes and stuff, and her grow rooms are amazing.

I would lightly rub some mycos into the root ball(s) to help give the root systems a jump start on transplant.

Thanks. I ordered some DynoMyco, but it is not here yet, so I am still using liquid mycos for now.

When laziness sets in I wait until the base leaves are consumed by my girls in their one gallon pots before up-potting.

Regardless your girls are going to explode in size after the up pot.

Yes!! I am ready!!

Wonder if you'll see a huge jump in size immediately or after the root system develops over the next week?

I don't know, but I am very eager to find out!!

Oh, I forgot.
@Emilya , so sorry I don't have better notes yet, but would you suspect that these two LSD Autos ready to up-pot?
Or not yet?
And now they both give heat sign in the morning, with the temperatures still low, so I wonder, is it possible I gave them a wrong nutrient or something??
(I can see that better notes would come in really handy right about now...)
Or what should I do for Lacey 1 and Lacey 2?

This is Lacey 1:

l1.jpg

And this is Lacey 2.

l2.jpg

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but they look heat stressed, and it is still cool!

Oh, I forgot.
@Emilya , so sorry I don't have better notes yet, but would you suspect that these two LSD Autos ready to up-pot?
Or not yet?
And now they both give heat sign in the morning, with the temperatures still low, so I wonder, is it possible I gave them a wrong nutrient or something??
(I can see that better notes would come in really handy right about now...)
Or what should I do for Lacey 1 and Lacey 2?

This is Lacey 1:

l1.jpg

And this is Lacey 2.

l2.jpg

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but they look heat stressed, and it is still cool!
eeks! not sure either. Surely not big enough to uppot yet.

eeks! not sure either. Surely not big enough to uppot yet.
Uff!!
Ok, well, it serves me right.
I will have to do a better job of tracking their vital statistics.

@Emilya , I am sure you are very busy, but one more?
Will Real Grower's Recharge work instead of a tea?
Or should I start the worm castings brewing?
(Or is there a quicker tea?)
Sorry I am on a tight timeline this morning, and I am scrambling.
Whatever I do, I need to do it quick, because I won't have time later today.

Keep it up and my head will swell up so much with pride that I wont be able to leave this room... then you will think twice, when you can't get rid of me!

Hahaha, ok, I will let up, but only if you will please tell me if I can use Real Grower's Recharge, or whether I should delay the uppoting to brew a worm casting tea! Haha

Uff!!
Ok, well, it serves me right.
I will have to do a better job of tracking their vital statistics.

@Emilya , I am sure you are very busy, but one more?
Will Real Grower's Recharge work instead of a tea?
Or should I start the worm castings brewing?
(Or is there a quicker tea?)
Sorry I am on a tight timeline this morning, and I am scrambling.
Whatever I do, I need to do it quick, because I won't have time later today.
A wc tea is like using a shotgun to hit a small target. WC tea is not targetted at all, and you get the bad microbes along with the good.

Recharge is exactly the best microbes specifically needed for our purpose... and it is way way more efficient. Once Recharge became available I never looked back at making my own teas, even though Rev showed us how to do it correctly.

A wc tea is like using a shotgun to hit a small target. WC tea is not targetted at all, and you get the bad microbes along with the good.

Recharge is exactly the best microbes specifically needed for our purpose... and it is way way more efficient. Once Recharge became available I never looked back at making my own teas, even though Rev showed us how to do it correctly.

Yay!! \o/

That is great to know!
And I will go mix it now.
(Part of me cannot believe I actually got out of the Solo cups, and into the 3G pots! They were seeming like a distant dream...!)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Someone said to put the worm tea all over the plant, so it can develop greater resistance. Does that sound right to you?
And if the timing adds up, do I add fertilizer to the worm tea?
I am not sure about a worm tea being applied foliarly, but I did put diluted targeted teas on my leaves... its not going to hurt anything. A better use for my unused teas was to add them to my compost pile.

A tea is not to feed the plants. It is to create and add microbes. If you add fertilizer to the tea in a small amount, it will "seed" those microbes that work with that nutrient... so that could be a good thing. But to add nutrients with the intent to feed the plant... wrong mindset.

Uff
I am not sure about a worm tea being applied foliarly, but I did put diluted targeted teas on my leaves... its not going to hurt anything. A better use for my unused teas was to add them to my compost pile.

A tea is not to feed the plants. It is to create and add microbes. If you add fertilizer to the tea in a small amount, it will "seed" those microbes that work with that nutrient... so that could be a good thing. But to add nutrients with the intent to feed the plant... wrong mindset.
Ok, thank you, @Emilya ! That is great info.

I hope I can figure out what I did wrong.
They are both transplanted, but Kongetta1 seems to have a little bit of transplant shock (more than Kongetta #2).
I am not sure if maybe I did not do it gently enough???
They are both resting in the shade for a little while, until they recover.
(Oy.)

3gg.jpg

When they feel better, I will bring them back out in the sun.
I will put the leftover Grow formula on my neighbor's coca plant, haha. (He said I could take cuttings.)

The next uppot I will have to be a lot more careful!
(I thought I was, but I guess not?)
I will check them again this afternon, to see how they are doing.

did the soil hold together tightly when you did the transplant? It is actually hard to shock the plants if you do a transplant even slightly gently.
Yes, the soil held together well. (It was time to water it today, either way.)
I thought Kongetta #1 transplanted well. I was actually more concerned about Kongetta #2, because at first she did not want to come out of her Solo cup. (Maybe she liked her small closet, and did not want a bigger room?)
I would have understood it if Kongetta #2 had looked a little wilty. But I don't know why Kongetta #1 is not feeling well.
Well, I have her resting in the shade, and hopefully she will feel better soon?
I will move them back into the sun when they feel better.

The only thing I can think of is that normally I talk to my plants a lot more when I transplant them, to prepare them (because they did studies on that, and it helps).
I was kind of in a hurry this morning, and I guess I cost myself more time!
(Oy, haste makes waste!)

There shouldn't be any trouble coming out of a solo cup. Gently squeeze the sides all around, top middle and bottom, and then push from the very bottom until you can see the soil move. Then invert the entire thing, catching the plant and the soil with the palm of your hand, with the trunk of the plant between two fingers spread wide. It usually takes no more than a tap, if that, to slide the rootball right out of the cup.

1656433092117.png

There shouldn't be any trouble coming out of a solo cup. Gently squeeze the sides all around, top middle and bottom, and then push from the very bottom until you can see the soil move. Then invert the entire thing, catching the plant and the soil with the palm of your hand, with the trunk of the plant between two fingers spread wide. It usually takes no more than a tap, if that, to slide the rootball right out of the cup.

1656433092117.png

Ahhh... gently squeeze the sides from all around, to get any kind of surface tension or friction to let go first, before gently pushing upward on the bottom of the cup...
Ahh, ok. Thank you! I will try that next time.

I have some experience with this. I read about specific PPM (TDS) for aerated worm tea, to be used as a drench or a foliar spray. I've made some successful batches of the aerated tea, and used my TDS pen to dilute to the right levels, depending on drench or foliar spray. I read about the benefits of foliar spray of this tea in either Rosenthal (2010) or Trichome Tech's book (K. Morrow, 2016). I haven't made a batch in a long time... haven't felt the need to. But, for my overwinter grow, I did experience a lot of mold spots on the leaves, so maybe I will try it next time. When I have my equipment and work space better set up in the veg house, I may do this more often... I understand the microbes, humic and fulvic acids, and the micro-nutrients are awesome for the plants. BTW, I have four worm bins made out of 45 gal plastic totes, in full swing. I always add 2 gal of the worm soil to my soil mix.

Actively aerating
Exactly. I use 5 gal plastic buckets, pure water, and worm soil. At the bottom of the bucket are airstones that emit tiny bubbles... the bubbles have to be tiny. I think it brews for about 48 hours, and near the end of the brew I will add a couple tbs of apple juice. (I am not a fan of molasses, because it contains heavy metals.) The sugar helps the beneficial bacteria bloom. When the brewing is done, I run the mixture through panty hose filter twice. This is the concentrate, and then it gets diluted to the right amount by checking the TDS pen. The tea needs to be used fairly quickly; however, you can keep the bubbles running and that will preserve it for a while, but best to use it asap.

Good morning, all!
"WHEW!!!!!"
My little girls made it! They are ok. (I was worried about them!)

I think what @Emilya said about loosening the Solo cup first must be it.
Um.... er.... and now that I thnk about isbefore removing the pot must be it.
Eek... is it wrong to put molasses in the fertilizer in veg??
I am just remembering, when I took the girls out of the Solo cups, they seemed to "stick" just a little to the inside of the cups, and it took more effort than I thought. They kind of "popped" out much harder.
I remember wondering if my liquid fertilizer was causing the problem, but dismissed it.
Now I wonder if the molasses is forming a kind of a hard "candy" crust that makes the girls not want to come out if the soil is dry.
So, when I removed them out of the Solo cup, maybe I gave them a really bad friction burn on all of their little toes?
Maybe it is like I singed all of their little toesies?

Well, if you have a bad day, sometimes to go to bed early?
They are looking much better this morning!
Here is Kongetta #1, looking nicely recovered and getting ready to pray!

k1.jpg

And here is Kongetta #2. Her arms are not up as much as her sister, but hopefully her zeal for praying will come back soon.
(Um, should I rest her in the shade for a bit longer? Or does she look ok? She looks better than she did yesterday, but the leaf angle still does not look fantastic--just better than yesterday.)

k2.jpg

There was a slight depression where I had put the Solo placeholder cups in, so I backfilled with 1/8" or something of worm castings (surely not needed, as I mixed in maybe 15% wc into the mix. (But I thought @Azimuth might like it, haha.)

Ok, so I am still learning the basics of how to uppot from a Solo cup to a 3G!
Only, I am thrilled to be uppotting to 3Gs!
(I had visions of my poor little autos living out their lives in Solo cups forever, oy.)

I am a little concerned about my two little LSDs, and they are next!
They both show what look like heat sign, so molasses in the past or no molasses in the past, I will have to loosen their cups reeee--aaaa-lllll gentle like, so as not to give them friction burn on all of their little toes.
And hopefully, no matter how much pressure I am under, I can force myself to stop, and not hurry when it comes to uppotting.

I have a little bit of time today. I need to learn the Days Counter app.
Thanks, everyone, for your help.

k1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom