Newly started need some help

Ecs94

420 Member
Hello everyone.

I try to grow indoors with limited knowledge and equipments also not expecting much for a first time.

I don’t check ph levels and water them with drinkable bottled water. Also bought a light with not much watts but seems enough for now.

Just 2 strains started to grow 2 weeks now but I have problem with them.
The tips of the leafs turning white and aiming down with a little curl.
I did not start giving nutrients yet. Only watering and letting them have some light.
Still it seems like nute burn. Could you help a brother with what to do please?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Soil?
Lights?
Time under the lights.
Does the pot have holes.
Temp and r/h ;)

Depending on what you grow in and what was in it most would be feeding after 2 weeks.
But its normal to see seedlings a little twisted and looking sad ish early on.
The one dont look to happy the other dont look to bad to me.
These are the questions most will ask.
Welcome to the mad house my friend
Also if they make it take one out of that pot wont be long before roots get mixed up
and it can become a drama parting the 2 ladies the longer you leave them in the same pot.
:)

plants can get nute burn from soil alone, thats why most growers use a very weak seed starter type of soil mix for their seedlings. Many off the shelf potting mixes have added nutrients typically the bag says something like feeds for X number of weeks. Suggest you check soil bag labels

the bad part of prenuted soil mixes is that every time you water - you also feed…

you may be able to minimize the nutrient response by soaking or bottom watering

for 2 plants sharing the same container, you can expect that each plant will only grow to half of its potential since resources are now divided by 2….. so ditto on skunksta, suggest you separate seedlings before roots become entangled.

welcome aboard 94!

Hello everyone.

I try to grow indoors with limited knowledge and equipments also not expecting much for a first time.

I don’t check ph levels and water them with drinkable bottled water. Also bought a light with not much watts but seems enough for now.

Just 2 strains started to grow 2 weeks now but I have problem with them.
The tips of the leafs turning white and aiming down with a little curl.
I did not start giving nutrients yet. Only watering and letting them have some light.
Still it seems like nute burn. Could you help a brother with what to do please?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
I'd split them right away.
Get each girl a solo cup.
Are you going to be growing in soil?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much.
I will split them right away. Yes I will be growing them in soil. I thought it’s a good and an easy start to grow.
Do you have an idea what might cause that?

Thank you for the interest.

maybe give us the details. you haven't shown enough info at all.

what is the media ? nutes ? how strong is that light ? how often are you watering / feeding ?
what is your nute plan ?

if that's coco it's too dry. it should be kept moist. does that pot have any drain holes ?

things are ok for the moment but are gonna start to happen real fast. you need to be ready to support those seedlings. they do need to be separated. you will need a nute plan and much better lighting soon as well.

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much.
I will split them right away. Yes I will be growing them in soil. I thought it’s a good and an easy start to grow.
Do you have an idea what might cause that?

Thank you for the interest.
Could be a couple things.
But they don't look too bad.
I'd split them into mild soil / solo cups and get some mild nutrients .
Do you have any options for nutrients?
And your going to need a new light soon.:Namaste:
Any plans there?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hey @Ecs94 and welcome to the forum!

We need to know what kind of soil they are in, and the wattage the light is drawing. Btw, the light should be directly overhead, not at an angle.

My magic formula is let seedlings get 3-4" tall in a little 2" square pot, then transplant to a 1 gal pot, burying the stem so that only about 1 to 1.5 inch showing above the soil. From there, let them get 12 to 18" tall before transplant to final pot size. If you're growing an auto, just be very careful to not damage roots or stress the plant when up potting.

happy growing! 🌱

Back
Top Bottom