WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 15.34.49.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 15.34.42.jpeg

I'm pretty sure its a harmless Golden Tree Snake but asked some proper herpetologists. If its not its a type of Pit Viper which is very venomous. When discussing snakes - they're not poisonous (well unless you eat them or something) - the distinction is important.

The pictures make it look bigger than it is. Probably folded like that - 30cm? 12" Full length 60cm? 2 feet

They are also known as flying snakes.

They can sort of glide. The Malay and Sri Lankan ones a little better at gliding.

Having lived in Africa, driven the length of Africa and now lived in South East Asia for 14 years? Its like only the fifth or sixth snake I've see in "the wild" Guess I'm not so observant!

In the unlikely event any of you watched my weed shack video! I mentioned an Italian guy lives a little down our road owes me money? "Beware Irishmen bearing grudges" is what I said.

Guess where the snake is now!

I mean its probably not a Pit Viper!

(Its not!)

But yeah - we released it into his driveway.

We live in and around a jungle on tropical island. Putting the snake there isn't like - I dunno you live in Canada or Norway and do it there! That would be way more aggressive than I have time or interest for.

Happy heart with a sense of irony me!

Nick

I’m taking you for a night out in Bognor Regis, Littlehampton or Buddha forgive! Worthing!

Like even I’d get beaten up in those places.

Well actually especially me - but rest of you 100%

I wish people would still beat people up here. You’d be lucky to get beat up. Chances are you’ll just get shot and dumped in abandoned house. I can’t remember the last time I saw someone have a fight and have it end without gunshots.

Back
Top Bottom