I mean it this time.

No “Skunkworks” bs.

No contest funny

No stupid solos

No messing about.

45 plants from here to testing and reporting.

Everything we’ve speed read, hacked, fucked around and got lucky with in our young grow career. The best help or advice or crazy we can give on our style, the things we learned from mostly getting lucky. There’s some tents involved so smaller time growers maybe learn something. Lolz - I’m still a small time guy. People on this site grown in 3x3’s twenty years plus know a load more than us. We’re gonna show you downsizing pit style in coco with synthetic bites is probably a good idea and if we can get the rock wool in here for a dozen in a 5x5 we will - cause that’s our future. Different lights, all sorts of different strains.

Then. Then! I promise! I need a break.

The forty five to finish.

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg

Nick & Co

And yeah - we no MJ.

The “Last Dance” existed before even sneakers came about 🤣

IMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

So after a few days not really bothering to look and someone else watering I am presented with the above.

Awesome, hey?

The yellowed ones st the front are clones recovering after a few days in a box and transplant but they’re fine.

The rest - lot of strains, lots of phenos of those strains. Different shades of lush green to limey green depending on what they are.

At this scale - we aren’t choosy. We don’t give dedicated nutes.

They’re a Veg A/B from Dutch Pro 2ml Cal mag - 2ml A/B comes out at like 1.2 EC. Its the low end of their 2-3ml per liter guidance. Goes in at pretty much Ph 5.8 every time. Sometimes 5.7. Sometimes 6. But never out that range.

The photos are really close to what my eyes see.

New camera yay!

IMG_0108.jpeg

What ai’m
Trying to show here is the light height above the plants on 60% for 480w so about 300w just shy.

Its a @Mars Hydro FC4800 Evo I won in a contest here, very cool light.

My shoulder to hand is about 3ft I reckon.

IMG_0109.jpeg

So I dropped it to about 12-14 inches.

At up pot next weekend we’ll any extra vertical growth we want quite quickly before flip snd in stretch. We want some warm white horizontal growth I reckon.

Not looked at a sensor for anything so you can see in the above post light drop photo I’m using the old Skin&Eyes™ sensors.

Look - I’m not saying I’m some walking sensor gonna tell you can rely on but this:

I know what that is on there because I measured with sensors so many times I learned it. Anyone can do this. My skin ain’t better than yours. But freedom from devices is awesome.

I read the plants and feel.

Its about 83% RH and 32c (90f) in there.

Properly tropical conditions.

Why you think when the planet was hotter and massive dinosaurs roamed the earth everything was bigger?

Because its good conditions for growth.

We’re just vegging away now - big waste of time in light costs. Get ‘em big quick as you can light, warmth and wet is what they seem to like.

Just don’t forget to cycle that air. Not bothered the Co2 yet. Let them build roots and mass on their own.

Nick

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg

So took this earlier for a related grow issue but to show PPFD from a working light.

This is the @Mars Hydro FC4800 Evo at 80%

The reading - I think Photone reads a little high but that’s based on my readings with my old broken phone maybe its more accurate thsn that now.

Settings are for Full Spectrum LED reading a paid for feature.

Its honestly probably too much at this stage with no gas but 480 watts at 80% implies 380w and getting 900 PPFD at 20cm (I was deliberately casual with the PAR reading - wanted not too close not too far just real world average kinda result fairly close to the middle nut not obsessively)

So yeah! That’s banging - though likely more than the little darlings need right now so when I get a moment might tick it down a touch!

Its Monday, all day apparently!

Saturday/Sunday its up pot day all 45.

Because of a light issue in another grow I need to have a think about what’s going to grow where which was already complicated 🤣

But sure some solutions will present themselves!

Just don’t know what yet.

C’mon Universe! Show me how!

😂

Those two got nitrogen toxic lockout flush them with plenty of water and in a few days they will look better.:goodjob:
Yep the clones? Arrived after 3 days in a box and DHL. No idea their nute history. They went on the same light veg nutes as everything else (that looks great) - like you say they’ll be fine in a few days. Nice call on the N Tox! They were a little pale green when they arrived which I put down to 3 days in a box in the back of a truck.

Maybe our lite - diet line for us -EC 0.8 😂 was a bit much but then they looked way worse when they arrived. Think they’ve figured it out.

45 plants? Sorry go with the herd or die.

Need to cull about 10 of these. Not culling enough in the past has cost us overall yield and quality

Seeds at consumer prices can seem high. But so many great sponsor’s here always have deals and discounts. My personal favorite breeder that sponsors here is @Barney's Farm - i’ve grown 10+ their strains and push comes to shove Mimosa x Orange Punch is the heaviest yielding, heaviest hitting strain I’ve ever grown. For seed bank @Herbies Seeds easily the best. Their customer service and generosity is like from real world experience superduoer!

So my bit of advice is really:

Plants wanted + 50% From Seedling

Really means from seed:

You want 4 plants for your grow pop 8 seeds.

Even you germ all 8 to seedling around flip kill 4 so you have your 4 best ones.

The $20 extra for the 4 extra seeds? Saves you money.

And don’t be tempted grow out the extra 4 of them. There’s a reason tou chose them as the ones to cull. And you’re only prepped to grow 4, right? Can’t invent time and resources to do an extra 4 than you planned. Trust me!

Been there done that 🤣

Culling them will effect yield zero the space will fill and replace it.
Dunno buddy - I got a pretty good grounding in pot size and plant density to yield?

Bagged over a pound of OG Kush out of 16oz solo cups under a 480w light in 4x4 just this month.

January it was 1058 grams (2.2lbs?) out of 12 0.75 Gallon pots in a 5x5

Its the “Last” dance not the first!

Less is often more - but maximizing the quality if your plants/phenos by starting with more and culling I reckon is one of the most cost effective ways to improve the quality and yield

In my humble opinion,

🙏

Wonder what the plants done in the last 36 hours?!

Not looked.

I trust.

IMG_0228.jpeg

My leg. My tattoo in my handwriting.

Trust

Wrote it in a scrawl with a Sharpie type thing, took it to the tattoo place who inked it.

(Below tattoo Smart - Brave - Strong)

I have a spinning top a la Inception I drew tattooed as well and all. Keeps me grounded.

What’s this got to with growing weed!?

Lots

To grow great weed at high yields you don’t need 7 sensors or check on the plants 27 times a day. Every time you open your tent or grow room door god kills a kitten you mess with your carefully calibrated grow environment

Oh but your first 1-2 grows. its hard no to sneak in and check every 30 minutes and look at then. But! Its high risk behavior. Just sayin’ I got more risk in my life than most - my risk management it on point!

C’mon its exciting! You’re growing the first time!

Really, really I get you. That was me. Environment is critical. Opening the tent messes with it.

But by grow two or three you should have for me the most important bit of your grow setup fixed.

The environment.

I’ll circle back in this because all the 45 plants I assume are still living are going in about 4 different environments when we divide them up at the weekend.

It should be something for everyone. Tents out doors in the tropics, really super controlled
Indoor and probably I can throw in some outdoor organic too!

But you gotta trust, trust your design.

I had a bunch of T-Shirts made.

Same scrawl.

I’ll find one and post a pic

“I designed my life” across the back.

But really - don’t worry too much how to design your life - I ain't here to teach that!

Design your grow space with what you have to hand.

Think like a plant - maybe you need heat and humidity (if aI could send you I would! Can I have cold and dry back please! 🤣)

But you can magic up some great VPD whatever tour situuation.

Hmm VPD - coming soon. Its important but its not.

Your Skin&Eyes™ gonna tell you better than dividing Temp and Rh ever will. Which is all what it really is.

But show ya how!

Nick

I’m already annoyed about it. Not sure who’s gonna be more annoyed about this. That’s rare for me , its my job judging that stuff. So if know probably means its me. I’m a little too laissez faire at times.

But yeah

There’s a culling a coming.

And @InTheShed knows it.

Like the lady sings “look what you made me do”

But then she’s spent a whole bunch more time in Kansas than me I reckon?

Just guessing! ‘Cause, I ain't ever been and she’s hooked up with a guy called Travis.

Wait, you started a new journal and @BeanTownFan420 got here before I did? Outrageous!

:ciao:

So...thirty-35?
At some point you just start setting more realistic targets for yourself?

IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg

For us this is such an easy bit of the grow.

We have perfect Rh and temps for veg doing nothing.

Flower where keeping it drier and colder we struggle.

Is what it is.

Loving just looking at them

Nick

I mean it this time.

No “Skunkworks” bs.

No contest funny

No stupid solos

No messing about.

45 plants from here to testing and reporting.

Everything we’ve speed read, hacked, fucked around and got lucky with in our young grow career. The best help or advice or crazy we can give on our style, the things we learned from mostly getting lucky. There’s some tents involved so smaller time growers maybe learn something. Lolz - I’m still a small time guy. People on this site grown in 3x3’s twenty years plus know a load more than us. We’re gonna show you downsizing pit style in coco with synthetic bites is probably a good idea and if we can get the rock wool in here for a dozen in a 5x5 we will - cause that’s our future. Different lights, all sorts of different strains.

Then. Then! I promise! I need a break.

The forty five to finish.

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg

Nick & Co

And yeah - we no MJ.

The “Last Dance” existed before even sneakers came about 🤣
LOL. If you don't mind, I would like to watch this. :)

Happy Saturday Nick!! I'm in for this. I hope you have a great weekend!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom