The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Well, I went to have a look at my outdoor plant today, and wasn't surprised to find it ripped out of the ground. Gone. Total bummer. Thats what I get for half measures and planting it in an area I wasn't sure about. I had high hopes too. Oh well. Better luck next year.

Yup I don't think two of my autos are going to make it myself getting cold at night here in Ontario.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Southwestern Ontario, and nights are already getting chilly. Much colder than usual. Hoping that things don't get much colder in next several weeks. I guess I will have to start thinking about tarps etc.

Getting chilly here at night.

Has been kind of a weird year weather-wise. Very late spring - cold and wet. Short summer... we started hitting 50s at night in August, which is unusual. Never got above mid-80s all summer long. Usually we hit a stretch in late July/early August where it pushes 100F, at least for a day or two.

We are already getting high 40s at night for the past several nights. Good news is longer-term forecast shows 50s and even 60s at night in next 10 days. Is actually pretty nice out right now.

My outdoor girls still look good, for which I am grateful.

Fingers-crossed weather holds for all of us outdoor-growers. And that the thieves stay away!!

Hope yours make it until the end. Always a crap shoot outdoors.

Yup. I knew that going into the outdoor attempt, and picked out "fast" genetics as a result. And they did start blooming earlier than I was expecting. Typical first-frost date around here is October 8, so I should have lots of time...except this year. LOL.

My Bonsai tribute grow update.

Good news: 10 days ago, everything was great: Both Tree of Life (TOL) were frosting & fattening up impressively & quickly. The Lemon Diesel & Big Bang were finally stacking well.

Bad news: 9 days ago it started raining & we’ve only had two sorta dry days since. I started cutting rot outta the biggest TOL’s fattest colas. Sadly typical (not because of any Murphy’s Law thing, but because thick buds are most hospitable to rot).

After a coupla days, it was obvious the best path was to take down most of the biggest frostiest TOL buds rather than deal with it incrementally with progressive losses.

So hacked ‘em the fatties about 2 weeks ahead of my planned harvest, which is about a week before 420 mag cult-of-amber-trichomes dates.

Lost about 16g wet weight to rot, but the big hit on yield was the timing. Got no doubts that those colas woulda doubled in weight. Glad I don’t care much about yield anymore.

Forced harvest, trimming & drying was damned inconvenient, though. At least a coupla hours daily for a week.

But I’m always just along for the ride in my garden. Nature & the plants are in charge.

Good news: First, the other 3 plants are rot free, so far (dunno how!). The partially harvested TOL is too, now. Gotta continue to monitor & the rain ain’t yet over, but we’ll see.

Second, the early TOL harvest (about 42g dry) is surprisingly excellent. Fantastic flavor: minty, hints of pine & menthol, citrus undertones. And strong. Smoked a bit y-day. Thought it was gonna be pretty mild, but it certainly wasn’t. Four tokes got me absolutely ripped for about 3.5 hours! I'll be dialing the dosage on that one down!

Total tripweed, too. Reminded me a little of the ol’ sativa landraces I’d get in the 80s!:p

My Bonsai tribute grow update.

Good news: 10 days ago, everything was great: Both Tree of Life (TOL) were frosting & fattening up impressively & quickly. The Lemon Diesel & Big Bang were finally stacking well.

Bad news: 9 days ago it started raining & we’ve only had two sorta dry days since. I started cutting rot outta the biggest TOL’s fattest colas. Sadly typical (not because of any Murphy’s Law thing, but because thick buds are most hospitable to rot).

After a coupla days, it was obvious the best path was to take down most of the biggest frostiest TOL buds rather than deal with it incrementally with progressive losses.

So hacked ‘em the fatties about 2 weeks ahead of my planned harvest, which is about a week before 420 mag cult-of-amber-trichomes dates.

Lost about 16g wet weight to rot, but the big hit on yield was the timing. Got no doubts that those colas woulda doubled in weight. Glad I don’t care much about yield anymore.

Forced harvest, trimming & drying was damned inconvenient, though. At least a coupla hours daily for a week.

But I’m always just along for the ride in my garden. Nature & the plants are in charge.

Good news: First, the other 3 plants are rot free, so far (dunno how!). The partially harvested TOL is too, now. Gotta continue to monitor & the rain ain’t yet over, but we’ll see.

Second, the early TOL harvest (about 42g dry) is surprisingly excellent. Fantastic flavor: minty, hints of pine & menthol, citrus undertones. And strong. Smoked a bit y-day. Thought it was gonna be pretty mild, but it certainly wasn’t. Four tokes got me absolutely ripped for about 3.5 hours! I'll be dialing the dosage on that one down!

Total tripweed, too. Reminded me a little of the ol’ sativa landraces I’d get in the 80s!:p

Nice pics!! Sorry about the soggy weather. We've had similar days in the past, but today is gorgeous, and the forecast looks good. So far, no rot here, but I have a couple of weeks, at least, to go. Good luck getting to the finish line with the last few!!

well my autos never turned out that good I between my two Skittles and my Alaskan purple auto by seedsman it was grown or error however I only yield it 10 grams total dry. here are a few pictures of the plants I harvest it this year.

It will be worth it I think.

Yeah well I hit my stuff today from prime

Going to set new tent up tonight .coco nutes all here just need. A pH pen now

Back
Top Bottom