Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

Excellent nivek. So glad you finally got climate control dialed in a little better. I love the helpful and generous nature of this community. They're doing their best to transform us into master growers nivek. :laughtwo:

Well done. :thumb: Isn't this the greatest fun?

thanks sue,, fun indeed,, and ever interesting,, evolving,, as you know so well,, and the evolution continues. i find changes and 'things' happen much quicker these days,, the weeks just flying by,, sad everywhere but the lab. a lot of changes lately, big and small,, mine small.

some eleven day old clone pics,, presenting miss's'zes super lemonhaze 1, 2 and 3,, lookin real good,, i think

P1140897.JPG

little trees,, so cute

P1140898.JPG

p.s.,, my afghandi plant,, now in flower,, is still unsexed,, for sure,, maybe tonight i will see. i am worried a bit. oh the stress.

and afghandi and dela haze clones,, younger at 8 days into clonehood

P1140899.JPG

little bushes still,, got some growin to do,, get at er please

P1140900.JPG

i have good feelings about these clone attempts,, but will wait and will not be holding my breath while waiting.

cheers and best to all my 420 friends,, more pics tonight,,

One of these days I'm going to grow something that isn't an auto and learn to clone. I showed Dale the journal on Bonsai Mothers and he got really excited. I think he'll enjoy that aspect of it. He has a nice collection of bonsai tools and lots of supplies.

Your clones are looking mighty nice nivek. Someday you can help me learn.

Your clones are looking mighty nice nivek. Someday you can help me learn.

it would be my pleasure to help in any way i can,, i guess you are a month away at least. lots of time to decide what your cloning process might be.

i have a good feeling about the method i am using now,, but i have also learned, quickly, that a clone can look good right up to the very end,, then,..... well,,,,,,,, the very end. :hmmmm:

i think, for me,, the urine spray i spray with keeps them looking so good,, but only so far,, eventually their spirit runs out and they are no more,, least it can happen that way,, did with some of my last ones. depends on ten different things whether they win or lose

personally,, if i did a lot of cloning,, i would build a cloner that sprays up onto the cutting stalks,, an aerator cloner or whatever they be named, which sprays water into an air chamber. then there is a bubble cloner, which sprays air into a water chamber,, simple to build that one,,,,,, then there is cut and plant,, my current method,, though with a twist i thought might prove worthwhile,,

the soil is very perlite heavy,, my thinking being that this way adequate oxygen can reach the stalk while still providing adequate moisture. i also treated the cutting cut with melted honey,, and stuck er in,, and,, yes,, i licked my fingers after. i really like the idea of the oxygen access to the root area,, i think that is important

maybe you can help me pick an auto for me to buy from herbies,, i think i am going to plant one outside this spring,, maybe early may,, so i best get on it,, something quick,, for experimentation purposes only of course,, i have a great spot and i thought an auto would be a great idea,, why wait till october to harvest,,, right?? 70 days and it's done,,, right??? i'm dreaming in technicolour,,, right??

P1140907.JPG

my upper canopy hermie,,less,, i think,, plants,, 8.5 weeks into flower,, no amber yet,, plenty of clouds, . there is currently thirty buds,, yep, count em,, thirty,, to a tee,, exactly 30,,, buds there,, sixteen to the right and fourteen to the left. it will be interesting to see how many are left when ripeness peaks,, maybe three weeks still,, maybe more,, i am in for the long run,,

cheers sue,, cheers folks.

P1140908.JPG

this is the biggest bud up stairs in the flower room,, looked bigger before the pic,, it still has a long ways to go,, and i kinda think that lighter might be extra big,, not sure

cheers dutty,, thanks for the suggestion,, that will be the first one i research tonight,,blue kush,, from hermies i hope,, only place i know to buy seeds,,

just a pic of the backbudded duds,, i mean buds,, still no real visual change i can see,,, this them now,,,

P1140911.JPG

this eight days ago

P1140834.JPG

i can wait,, i am a patient

Subbed, read your first page but will have to come back later, normal life calls. Interested to see if you got that doble decker flower room going :peace:

heya budddddy,, cheers at ya,, welcome to my journal,, very pleased to have you visit. i could just tell you if i finished the two levels in my flower room,, it can be so difficult to find specifics in ones journal,, even for me in my own journal. i am still working on the overall project and perhaps this update might answer some of your questions about what i have done and am doing,,

come on,, i'll show ya,,

P1140903.JPG

this is the six inch fan, the lower black one,, installed and ready to blow out to the filter pit,, the ceiling fan,, with the box attached is near the ceiling connected to the inlet pipe and is sucking air from the crawlspace and blowing it up near the ceiling

P1140902.JPG

there it all is connected to the inlet and outlet pipe for the room,,,, hilarious, i know,, really,, i do,, more stuff i picked up from the re store just to try to make it work. everything is still roughly connected so i can adjust and alter if necessary while i test the system out

P1140906.JPG

i swear this piece came from the tin man,, a leg joint maybe,,, so i thank him, because it fit perfectly for my purposes

the top of the fan should probably have a charcoal filter attached, if for anything to cover up that turbine blade in there,, dangerous place to put me fingers,, so i built a cage,,, with a lid,, and in that cage, iffin i wish,, i can place a dryer sheet,, i completely forget what they are called,, those smelly things

P1140904.JPG

inside,,, when the room get's really smelly,, in a really good way

P1140905.JPG

it looks a bit mickey moused together because it is a bit mickey moused together,, with tape and screws for easy adjustment. wires and cables everywhere till i get it set in place,, then i will clean it all up, i swear

now i need to find the best fan combinations to cool the room to an acceptable level... preliminary tests are showing me that my work is not done,, the room is still warm,,, adjust as needed,, ok,, for now

I am so looking forward to doing this in my own space nivek. It's such a thrill to watch you get yours dialed in. WooHoo!!! Great work.

I am so looking forward to doing this in my own space nivek. It's such a thrill to watch you get yours dialed in. WooHoo!!! Great work.

thanks sue,, appreciated,, funky if nothing else,, hopefully some function to go with all that sexy form,, haha

btw,, i transplanted one lemon haze clone today,, mostly to see if i could see some roots,, it's 12 days now,, and i saw roots,, so i am very happy about that,, 1 for 7 so far,, cheers sue

Off and running nivek. Only 6 more to go. The learning curve in this community is quick, eh?

i love what u've done with the place mate, cheers great job :thumb:

nice colas too, real swollen

Awesome job with the ventilation man. How is the outdoor charcoal pit working to filter smell? I saw when you built it and thought that was a pretty damn good idea.

Your backbuilding isnt showing much of a difference yet huh? I am not sure if mine is too or if it's my brain wanting it so it tells me its working. I will have some pics of my 2 twin buds, one snipped, the other left alone.

That lighter + bud shot description was funny because I know the feeling too. You think, man its HUGE then you snap a pic of it and youre like, looked a lot bigger in person, then youre hesitant to actually send her the pic. Of the bud.

How is the hulk coming along?

P1140941.JPG

this is how i picture 'dutty panty' at work,, 420 member and expert grower

That lighter + bud shot description was funny because I know the feeling too. You think, man its HUGE then you snap a pic of it and youre like, looked a lot bigger in person, then youre hesitant to actually send her the pic. Of the bud.

Ahh paka, that was a good laugh. Thanks for starting off my day on the right foot. :laughtwo::green_heart:

how's it going nivek, i cant tell from the pictures if you did make the double flower room, but in your reply you mentioned crawl space and ceiling space so i guess you did ?

I feel like I haven't seen a photo of the whole double floor thing either- not enough space to take that photo maybe? A fisheye lens? A panoramic/photo montage?
LA's back building technique has given me amazing results.

Back
Top Bottom