NLnovice's Northern Lights - Soil - CFL - Cabinet Grow 2012

Re: NLnovice's Northern Lights,Soil,CFL,Cabinet Grow 2012

Thank You Rixter0618,
Your enthusiasm is inspiring to me as well. A question for you... How about starting a journal for your grow?
I looked at your blog post and loved your grow box. Looks like a great set-up. Would love to follow your grow.
Best of luck with your Kush and White Siberian.

looking great NLnovice did the leafs come down alittle or they still up like they were

Hey this is a stellar grow. I myself am in the final weeks (or week) in my Northern Light. I grew mine in a hempy bucket. Buds are so top heavy the plant is seriously leaning. The breeder is Royal Queen and is an auto fem. The trichs are mostly cloudy after 6 weeks or so of flowering. Still not a lot of amber trichs but there are some on the main cola. Anyway yours reminds me of how mine looked at that time. Very nice healthy plant you got there. Good work. I tried a bit of a lower budling of mine and it felt a little couch lockish. Keep up the good work.

looking great NLnovice did the leafs come down alittle or they still up like they were

Thanks geturgrowon,
A few hours after watering the leaves go almost totally vertical. They stay rather vertical that whole day. The next day they are back to pretty much normal. I wish I knew why the plant does this?

Thanks for your interest.

Day 61 Flower 26...... 24 1/2" tall
9 cups - 1 Tbs+1 tsp Bloom+1 tsp Grow+1 tsp Catalyst+1 tsp Cal-Mag+1/2 tsp Azomite
Mixed in 1 gallon of tap water. Did not brew with air stone. Initial PH was 3.8, added
about 1 Tbs of Earth Juice Natural Up, brought up Ph to 6.1
It says not to worry about Ph but 3.8 ...wow...
Anyone out there with Ph or Earth Juice experience would love input as to using ph up or not? Thanks

d61-3.jpg

d61-2.jpg

I really like your grow and cab. I think you need to extend a few of those cfl's to get them down closer to the plants lower buds.

have you pruned any leaves, with cfls they dont put light out very far, if you hold your hand under the bulb and slowly lower it away from the bulb you will see how quick the light level drops off, even after 2 inches from the bulb its a hug difference, so any branches or bud sites under the canopy will struggle to get light and the growth will be slow, you could pull some branches out the way using some string or pipe cleaners, try and open up as much of the plant as you can without removing leaves, only remove leaves if its blocking a branch or a lot of growth. try and get as much light in to as much of the plant as you can, all the smaller buds add up so getting these to grow will benefit the yield in the end

Hash Hound and donpaul.p,
You both raised the same point in your two posts, a concern of getting more light closer to the lower portions of the plant. In my lousy first attempt I used some additional side bulbs, as pictured below.

sidebulbs.jpg

My concern with this set-up is the area between the side bulbs and the top light bar turns into an oven for the main cola.
Temps. get very high - mid 80's to low 90's
Humidity is extremely dry - mid to low 20's%

With this in mind what are your(or anyone else reading this) thoughts?
Risk vs Reward? For this grow hps is out of the question, maybe next round.

A second related question... Lack of light to lower portions of the plant will affect yield but does it affect maturity time?

Thank you to both of you and am glad you are here to help. I have a feeling I may have many questions for you over the next four to six weeks.

From I believe the 2nd page of your journal from dp

to be honest mate i struggle to keep temps down, loads of growers say cfls produce a shed load of heat, well the truth is they dont, you can hold them in your hand and they are not hot, but when i switched to hps my temps hit the roof and headed into the 90's when the outside temp was in the 20's so now when the lights on i leave the grow door open and if its still to hot i have another bigger fan blowing into the room forcing the cool air in and hot air out, its the only way i could keep the temps in check, my hps is roughly about 1 foot above the plants, any lower and temps get high at plant level

I was going to mention this then remember that you were talking about it earlier in your grow it is the same thing I was going to suggest to you.

Back
Top Bottom