Northern Lights Auto Fem

IMG_2803_1_1.JPG
IMG_2802_2_.JPG
IMG_2804_1_1.JPG

hello WHY DOE, were do you think i'm at now, and how much longer, i'm going to get a microscope today, there is two different plants in the pictures. thanks for your help.

I have some pix of Trichomes on my Journal if you haven't looed at them with a loupe before. It is really amazing to look at them up close.

My just harvested grow ran about 2 weeks beyond the time suggested by the recommendations. It was hard to hold but probably increased yield by 20% waiting.

I have some pix of Trichomes on my Journal if you haven't looed at them with a loupe before. It is really amazing to look at them up close.

My just harvested grow ran about 2 weeks beyond the time suggested by the recommendations. It was hard to hold but probably increased yield by 20% waiting.

hey troy can i cut off the fan leaves now or leave them on.......can i trim it

hey troy can i cut off the fan leaves now or leave them on.......can i trim it

There are various opinion on this. I personally start by removing the lower Fan Leaves and those that are blocking light getting to bud sites. I've not had a problem with this. Would suggest you go slowly and see if there is any adverse reaction.

There are various opinion on this. I personally start by removing the lower Fan Leaves and those that are blocking light getting to bud sites. I've not had a problem with this. Would suggest you go slowly and see if there is any adverse reaction.

IMG_2947_1_1.JPG
IMG_2943_1_1.JPG
IMG_2942_1_1.JPG

theres what they look like now, how much longer you think, i still never picked up my microscope yet i will today...and alot of the leaves are dying off anyway, maybe just leave them

I would say you still have a couple weeks ahead of you. I know how it is waiting and waiting for these last couple weeks but it is really worth it to wait until fully ripe. The scope will tell you for sure.... I'd like to see the cola swell more.

I'm only on my second grow as well but I am about 1-2 weeks away from harvest. The waiting is tough but I have seen my plants get way frostier and the buds really start swelling in the last week. I just passed the 9 week period which was the high end of the 7-9 week period the breeder stated and am using only water and Overdrive by Advanced Nutrients which seems to really be helping the buds keep growing while I wait for the trichomes to turn. It's hard as hell to wait when they look so good already but for me at least the wait has been showing good rewards. I post a pic up when they are harvested to see how much bigger/frostier they get. Good luck with the plant!!

BRDR48_5weeks.jpg

I was much the same as you and went 2 week over breeder recommendation. Actually I did start doing a strategic pruning. I had some top colas that were turning amber but the rest of the plant wasn't ready yet. I harvested the ripe colas which gave me something to do and helped control my urge to cut the complete plant.

Your colas will continue to plump up which is good.

Looking good Slappyp - It is hard to tell but looks like you still have a couple weeks to go. The only way to really tell is to look at the trichs with the loupe.

Some say you can tell by the pistol turning from white to brown or orange but most places I have read say this isn't effective. I have seen some really hairy girls e.g. white widow that stays fluffy white up until harvest.

Also the trichs on the sugar leaves will turn amber prior to the bud. You want to check the trichs on the bud to determine what percentage of amber you want to go to prior to harvest. It will take a little practice with the loupe but once you start using it you will love the beautiful crystals - What you are looking for is amber on the bulb at the top of the trich.

You can check out some pictures on this page of my last grow. You can also tell my impatience as I awaited it to ripen as I shot lots of pictures building up to harvest.

Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Not sure where you live but if you go to Amazon and search for Otto&Haas 20X Lighted Jewelers Loupe Magnifying Glass it will find a number of 20X. Price is approx. $15.00
thanks troy, just ordered it, it said nov 27th i would recieve it

I'm glad you got it. The only thing about it is it has a plastic shield and you have to get the bud right down on top of it.

I also bought a Huluwa Cellphone Magnifier, Universal 60X-100X Zoom Microscope for Mobile Phone. It difficult to use on the plant as you really need to be almost still. I clip it onto my IPhone and shoot in slo-mo movie then can skim the small vid frame by frame. I think it was about $11.00

hello, troy, what do you think now, i'm still waiting for the loupe, its like 85 days in now from seed........would you chop them?
IMG_3153_1_1.JPG
IMG_3158_1_.JPG
IMG_3157_1_1.JPG
IMG_3155_1_1.JPG

hello, troy, what do you think now, i'm still waiting for the loupe, its like 85 days in now from seed........would you chop them?
IMG_3153_1_1.JPG
IMG_3158_1_.JPG
IMG_3157_1_1.JPG
IMG_3155_1_1.JPG

Are you still using nutes?

You ideally want to buy a jewelers loupe and inspect your trichome production, i still see a few white hairs but not many, i would say give her another week or if you have not flushed yet, start a 2 week flush and you should be on good track then, i have chopped a fair few plants down and they looked ready but under the scope they were still clear as day, its sad to eventually find out that its taken so long to get that far and you really atually needed that extra week.

trichomes25.JPG

Higher - They are really looking fine. Plumping up nicely and the pistils are starting to turn brown (which is good). The true test is the trichomes. I still see some white pistils which could be a good indication that she is approaching chop time. Giver her a week more.

When do you expect to get a loupe?

Also remember like other plants e.g. tomatoes they all don't ripen at the same time. Your girls will ripen from the top Cola first.

:goodjob:

Are you still using nutes?

You ideally want to buy a jewelers loupe and inspect your trichome production, i still see a few white hairs but not many, i would say give her another week or if you have not flushed yet, start a 2 week flush and you should be on good track then, i have chopped a fair few plants down and they looked ready but under the scope they were still clear as day, its sad to eventually find out that its taken so long to get that far and you really atually needed that extra week.

trichomes25.JPG

yes i have one ordered, there saying the 27th arrivaal date.....

Back
Top Bottom