Northern Lights Auto Grow Journal

All milky and glistening, I was planning on trim jail this evening but I'm knackered

DSC_2883.JPG

:hookah:

The JH is loving the lamp, just popped a Blue Dream just for fun

great photo ,nice colours & whats the aroma like ? 🤔 :peace:
by the way will u do a journal on the blue dream ? im interested ,take care
Cheers - aroma is kind of coffee, hashy with a herbal/skunky undertone. In short, smells gorgeous but not overpowering
Droughted for the last 7-10 days so I'll box dry these off the stem rather than hanging

Yeah, I'll do another journo once I've swapped back over to the bigger tent, assuming the Blue Dream sprouts nicely
If not, I'll try a GSC

Wow she’s preeetty Sensai did I also read you cut 8” off a top? How does that work?
When some plants stretch, the main cola shoots up and you get a foot of stem with maybe 4-6 little bud sites on it
That's no good in a tent because it interferes with the lamp height
So after stretch, I just chopped off the top just above a pair of bud sites - those two then become the primary buds and fatten up just as if they were the top of the plant

Got round to chopping the NL
Well, I won't be winning any prizes for yield, only about 3oz off two plants but I put that down to the crappy light I was using. On the upside, it smells divine
Jack Herer has roots bursting out of the bottom of the pot already, Chocolate Skunk is a bit feeble, and I can see Blue Dream just under the soil, reckon that'll be up tomorrow

Jack Herer in coco.JPG
DSC_2893.JPG

Here we go again...
:hookah:

I will continue this in the next journo, but fungus gnats have moved in on the JH...
Going to make up some organic insecticide by steeping old tobacco dust in an old sock
The nicotine kills almost anything, but doesn't harm the plants even if sprayed on to control spider mites
I use it in the water butt too to control mozzies - it's a good cheap hack if you are unfortunate enough to be addicted to smoking tobacco, which I am

I use hand rolling tobacco and there is always some unusable dust in the bottom of the pouch, though I have collected cigarette butts and used them too, or even crushed Nicotiana leaves from the garden
You can boil it for a short while to make it faster, but it doesn't smell too good so I simply soak it for a day or two
About 1 tea bag's worth per cup of water is enough, enough to turn the water a light golden colour
Spray the surface of the soil and the underside of the pots a few times over about 5 days, preferably outside so any that escape are out of the house - ideally, aim to wet the top of the soil to approx 1" deep to kill eggs and grubs

Interval - here's what else I've been busy with...

CIMG2207.JPG

Spring onion, spinach, rocket, beetroot, roma lettuce and chives

CIMG2205.JPG

Courgette, new potatoes, tomatoes, marjoram, oregano, spearmint, chocolate mint, camomile & shallots

CIMG2208.JPG

Lupin - an absolute beauty

CIMG2206.JPG

Sweet peas and cosmos are just coming into flower at the back of the raised bed - the acer is enjoying the new planter made from roofing batten from a skip
The hanging basket is producing strawberries which the mice can't get at - they're mine
:cool: :hookah:

Farmer Dimples' Allotment

I use hand rolling tobacco and there is always some unusable dust in the bottom of the pouch, though I have collected cigarette butts and used them too, or even crushed Nicotiana leaves from the garden
You can boil it for a short while to make it faster, but it doesn't smell too good so I simply soak it for a day or two
About 1 tea bag's worth per cup of water is enough, enough to turn the water a light golden colour
Spray the surface of the soil and the underside of the pots a few times over about 5 days, preferably outside so any that escape are out of the house - ideally, aim to wet the top of the soil to approx 1" deep to kill eggs and grubs
Nicotine is a great insecticide, been used for hundreds of years. Don't know if they still sell it, but there was a product called "Black Leaf 40" that was basically tobacco leaves that were boiled down and concentrated.

Nice looking garden. I just harvested about 250 garlic plants that are drying/curing in the garage. Should get my first zuchinni squash any day. Tomatos are in, as are several varieties of peppers. The horseraddish is three feet tall! I'll be harvesting a crop of sweet-hot Italian torpedo onions in about a month.

I will continue this in the next journo, but fungus gnats have moved in on the JH...
Going to make up some organic insecticide by steeping old tobacco dust in an old sock
The nicotine kills almost anything, but doesn't harm the plants even if sprayed on to control spider mites
I use it in the water butt too to control mozzies - it's a good cheap hack if you are unfortunate enough to be addicted to smoking tobacco, which I am
Damn, great info. Thought tobacco/cigs would give them a virus. "Mosiac" spelling not correct.
Cool stuff

Interval - here's what else I've been busy with...

CIMG2207.JPG

Spring onion, spinach, rocket, beetroot, roma lettuce and chives

CIMG2205.JPG

Courgette, new potatoes, tomatoes, marjoram, oregano, spearmint, chocolate mint, camomile & shallots

CIMG2208.JPG

Lupin - an absolute beauty

CIMG2206.JPG

Sweet peas and cosmos are just coming into flower at the back of the raised bed - the acer is enjoying the new planter made from roofing batten from a skip
The hanging basket is producing strawberries which the mice can't get at - they're mine
:cool: :hookah:

Farmer Dimples' Allotment
Incredible, just beautiful.
So sorry for my absence my friend. :Namaste::sorry:
Hope your doing well. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Incredible, just beautiful.
So sorry for my absence my friend. :Namaste::sorry:
Hope your doing well. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎