Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Well I was surfing the web and found a few quotes from one of the greatest recent presidents the US has had. He was speaking out about Marijuana, none other then JFK himself!

Kennedy_World_350x250.jpg
Kennedy_Country_350x250.jpg

Agreed:)
He was a wise man.. Maybe a philosopher in fact!! Many great qoutes and people picketing for more bud pics - Ive gotta get in on the action!! Lol.. " Im so fast, that when im in my hotel at night, i flick my lighter and my cones been smoked before its burned " Muhammad Ali....
Another WISE MAN.. " Give a man a bong and he ll be stoned for a while, give him some of your weed and he wont leave you alone " Anonymous Smart person..:):) Soz, thats all i got:( Lame as.. I know.. Gotta find me sum pics to edit!
Cheers for the laugh n ya great info bra! Later mate, SMOKEMUP...:cheer:

8651.jpg

Yeah thanks for the tips Jimmy! I think my problem is - Cindy is planted closer to one side of the pot, now since she s so big im thinking that its just the root structure thats around the edges of her pot just making their way around the soil. As now they seem to be either slowly receeding or dying off.. Same as some of Cindys fan leaves and small shoots, theyre just slowly dying off, the ones that are getting light obstructions etc; so ive gone around her again and taken some more leaves that basically fell off as i touched em.. The top 2/3rd's of her is awsum, her base is like a scrog - Im thinking of doing it similar to the scrog method, by removing the growth under her screen( Middle canopy ) and giving all sites above that preference?? That sound like good idea?? HOpe so, cos im doin it!! Lol..
Thanks for dropping by mate! Later pal, Smokem..

* Photo Update; day 3 of flower *

Well Cindy has been growing, thats for sure:) She s now a mighty 110cm tall, and im liking how some of her branches are starting to look. There are some small shoots in her middle that are slowly dying off and some leaves also. Im thinking i should sort of be treating her like a scrog grow in a way, by removing all the tiny growths under the inner canopy that get minimal light, and allow the rest to get the full amount of energy instead of it being wasted on a shoot that prob wont even give me a gram!! So im thinking i may start to clear more out soon and then leave her be.. Anyway guys, here s my girl, day 3 of flower.. Sorry the pics are all dodgy, but i got a crap camera!!
2012-09-08_16_35_37.jpg
She s at the top of the 2nd piece of black tape now..
2012-09-08_16_33_12.jpg
2012-09-08_16_32_51.jpg
The shoots are growing out fairly big too:)
2012-09-08_16_32_42.jpg
2012-09-08_16_32_12.jpg
2012-09-08_16_31_49.jpg
So there you go guys.. There s Cindy at day 3.. The next 40 days or so are gunna feel like FOREVVVVVEEERRRR!!! Once i start to see me some flowers ill be smiling each time i check her in the morning:):) Thanks guys for dropping by and all your encouraging comments and suggestions.. Greatly appreciated guys, CHEERS:welcome::welcome::thanks::thumb: SMOKEMUPM8;)

Yeah I would say its not a bad idea to lollypop her. Many swear by it. I will probably be doing it to some extent on my new grow journal that started today. Its a inside grow with Blackberry x White Rhino and Chem D. It woulda just been Chem D 100% but the clone store was out of it and recommended this Blackberry x White Rhino for indoor grow. They said the yield is killer, bud is tastey and the strength is decent, not Chem D with its crazy ass 20-30% THC shit quality, but hey its blackberry kush and white rhino how bad could it be right? :).

As for how imma get some Chem D... well I got a clone I took of it like 2 months ago. Its finally growing and its about 1 foot now plus growing fast. So I am gonna make it a huge mother plant of Chem D :D.

Kinda weird how I still have no plants that have white widow in them :(. I guess White Rhino is damn close though.

P.S

78429-004-98931A26.jpg

Hey Smokem, I was told by a reputable master grower to wait until after the stretch to clear out the bottom third of useless growth in your case this would be lollipoping her. This way you don't stop the stretch. This guy grows three foot long buds on every arm. Just food for thought because you had mentioned clearing out the bottom. He does thin out the bush a little as you already did. I did this, I took about 100 leaves off of mine, to get better light penetration and the plant could breath better, I didn't defoliate, just thinned as you did and at about two weeks I lollipopped, after stretch. She loved it. My plant is a more compact, short strain, so it didn't stretch a lot, I think yours will though. And I think if you wait for that and then lollipop, you going to have 2' long buds. On my girl, I lollipopped up to where there was too much spacing between nodes for the buds to ever grow together. If you could see this guys buds bro, lollipopin is cool shit. They are as long as his arm and and like 13" in diameter. I think your plant could do this, he did have the perfect room though sealed with a nice co2 set up, LST, he was growing hydroponically :) anyways your girl is the size his was before the stretch I think.

Fuss Cindy from Auntie Fluff Smokem :)

She is just awesome. Gorgeous girl and a real credit to all your hard work.

You re a crack up bro!! Lol.. haha. Been some entertaining posts lately:rofl:
All good - I LOVE IT:) But yeah, i dont exactly want to lolli pop her, so much as just remove some shoots that are only 1 inch in size or 2 inches and leaves are dying, so i rekn its prob more beneficial to take em off now before she wastes time trying to flower them..
In the same breath - I dont want Cindy to Hermi on me.. So im just going to take enuf to clear space for all the dominant shoots to move and so i wont have these leaves all squishing together and killing each other, i think im best to take em???
And yeah.. ChemDawg is on my shopping list also, i dont believe ive ever tried it.. But if its meant to have a good THC content ill grow it:)
Will have to order me some soon im thinkin!
So what do you think about me trimming them shitty shoots off mate? Should i go ahead, clean her up and leave her be for the remainder?
I ve really been taking some leaves from her, more than normal i think? But some are just falling off freely when touched, theyre some of the first leaves slowly dying off..But i dont like looking into her branches at a cluster of all these crappy shoots just filling space where large dominant shoots can fill out into.. DECISIONS<DECISIONS... Take it easy pal.. SORRY... IVE GOT NO MORE FUNNY PICS YET:(
Later bro, Smokem..

Re: Northern Lights x Widow.. just over a week from seed to sprout

First off there's no doubt Afghani and Northern Lights are cannabis classics. These weed seeds are some of the first to be made commercially available. They've gone on to spawn many different marijuana strains. These are stabilized seeds. Ensuring the marijuana plants are uniform with consistent flowering time and height. Just about every marijuana seed bank offers Northern Lights or Afghani. Many offer both because they are easy grow.

Hello mate,
Ive grown NL a few times before, its a hardy plant and is fairly simple to maintain IMO.. Long as theyre getting there light n water theyre usually quite content:) Well you have to do the basics but you catch my drift...
Never grown any Afghan, this C99xPR grow is as exotic as ive gotten so far! Ive never ordered seeds before, but now as im getting more fussy about what im smoking, id like to have some nice skunk, chemdawg or some kush.. So will see what happens..
Thanks for dropping by.. Smokemup..

Fuss Cindy from Auntie Fluff Smokem :)

She is just awesome. Gorgeous girl and a real credit to all your hard work.

WILL DO FLUFFY:):)
Thank you for your kind words on my STRESS-PACKED LST!! Thought LST was meant to be LOW STRESS??? Or maybe they mean the plant??:) Im only hoping Cindy will survive til harvest time and that i dont hermie her or stuff her up by playing with her too much..
So im thinking of doing what i want all in one go and letting her recover and go ahead from there with no more hassle.
Reckon that may be the best way?? Hows your girls goin? Well Aunt Fluff, take care and chat soon pal... Cya, SMOKEMUPM8:thanks:

Excellent TG!:thumb:
Thank you for your post here mate, good stuff.. And yeah what youre saying sound right, but i dont want to lolli pop her too much, just take the tiny shoots and squashed ones off as you said, for breathing and lighting..
And yeah if Cindy grows say 1.5ft during flower and she survives - i hope she would be ok, and i just want the best shoots to have the mostlight space etc; THANK U VERY MUCH FOR YOUR POST MATE:):)
Have a good one and will chat soon again bro.. SMOKEMUPM8:high-five:

I was about to get some Skunk #1 today. But this Blackberry x White Rhino sounded good and the dude said it should grow fairly even.

My XXX would be a perfect indoor plant too (its 100% indica) and the dude at the clone shop said it should have good yield. But when compared to my OG Kush and Chem D its got like 1/4th the yield currently. This morning I will be foliar feeding everything and giving a medium to medium/strong root feeding as well.

I must say out of my 3 newer strains that have been in the tent these past few weeks, the one with NL in it is the only one that hasent burned yet. Kinda strange considering its also the smallest out of the 3.

Biut yeah as for Chem D. I couldnt get it at the clone shop because its backed up for over a month in preorders!!! Yeah they have literally 100s of orders for it rofl. So lil ol me who likes to just walk in has NO CHANCE :(. Good thing I got this new Chem D mother brewing though :).

I think if you a take thorough look at Cindy you already see what needs to be done :)

Just dont overdo anything...

I took off everything that needed a gentle pull only, and left the rest alone. Probably not the best method, but this is what i'd do to any plant in general. Didn't really care about a few gramms worth of yield.

I also kept a few half sick leaves as an indicator to see if the deficiency gets better as i up the nute dosage.

I copied this over to my page from Springa.. As its good info on Fungus Gnats ok guys:)Thanks everyone! I did some research on the threads and there are several methods to eradicate these little shits. I typed in key word Fungus flys/fungus Gnats and found a ton of info here on our site. Some heavy hitters were offering the advice. Including administrators.

There was the sand method I like, 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with water, sticky tape, fly tape, covering soil, meem oil?, And some crazy ass stuff that slices the larva up called Diatomaceous(?) earth ( thanks Korloin ), I also heard of a type of small worm that eats the larve available in any grow shop.

The amount of remidies is mind numbing. That is why i kinda of want to go with SNS 203. The research tells me it is harmless to the plant and has natural ingridients?. Now I have read that diffirent percautions should be taken if the plant is flowering. Hense the need for urgency with my Autos. Other folks have simply left them be and had little ill effect.

This is the tech info on SNS 203:

SNS-203™ Concentrated Natural Pesticide Soil Drench and Foliage Spray is made up of pure Rosemary and Clove botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials. SNS-203™ Concentrated Natural Pesticide Soil Drench is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticides exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).

SNS-203™ Kills and Repels Fungus Gnats, Root Aphids, Thrips, Shore Flies and White Flies.

High moisture levels in soils and around pots encourage the development of fungus gnats, shore flies and other pests.
Fungus gnats will feed on fungi and decaying organic material in the soil. If a fungal food source is not readily available, fungus gnats may feed directly on plants. During the propagation of cuttings, fungus gnats may feed upon the callus. This may slow down or completely inhibit rooting. They can also damage the roots as they feed upon seedlings and potted plants. On many thick and succulent stemmed plants, larvae may tunnel into stems and cause plants to wilt and die. Larval feeding upon young roots encourages the development of root and stem rots such as Pythium. When this occurs, plants will be stunted with reduced growth and leaf drop.
Shore flies feed upon algae and do not directly feed upon plants. However, their frass (droppings) on plants, in addition to their presence, may be objectionable to customers and may carry other diseases.
SNS-203™ Concentrated Natural Pesticide Soil Drench active ingredients, attack fungus and algae and cause the pests to dehydrate their body fluids and dry up.
When used as a foliage spray SNS-203™ will control and eliminate Greenhouse Thrips, Fungus Gnats, Root Aphids, White Flies and Shore Flies.

Our Product has been tested in our lab on delicate new growth, clones, cuttings, tomatoes, roses and other plants.

SNS-203™ Concentrated Natural Pesticide Soil Drench can be used on a wide variety of plants, vegetables, and even trees. When applying the product take caution not to apply to any buds on the plant, in doing so this could result in burning the buds. SNS-203™ can be applied to soil or sprayed on fruits, vegetables, and plants varying from; apples, apricots, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cherries, chives, corn, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, fuchsia, roses, flowers, houseplants, etc.

SNS-203™ Concentrated Natural Pesticide Soil Drench is fully bio-degradable and is non-toxic to animals.

Test drench or spray for Phytotoxicity on a small area of the soil or plant before use. Do not apply in direct sunlight or under grow lamps, let plants cool off before applying SNS-203.
Soil Drench: Shake well before mixing. Mix 2-4oz of SNS-203™ per one (1) gallon of water to make ready-to-use (RTU) drench solution. Thoroughly drench affected and surrounding area with RTU. Reapply drench if necessary.
Foliage Spray: Shake well before mixing. Mix 2-6oz of SNS-203™ per one (1) gallon of water to make ready-to-use (RTU) spray solution. Spray foliage to point of runoff.
Repeat application 5 to 7 day intervals or as needed.
Thorough uniform coverage of plant soil or plant surface i.e. essential for good pest control.
Thoroughly wash all food areas and food materials contacted with soap and water.
As with any natural oil based product Do Not Spray directly under Sunlight or Grow lights this could damage to the plant..
Active Ingredients
Clove Oil 1.5%
Rosemary Oil 0.53%
Other Ingredients 97.97% ( NOT SURE I LIKE THAT )
Available in two sizes
16 ounce concentrate makes up to 8 gallons
1 gallon concentrate makes up to 64 gallons

Back
Top Bottom