NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

Deep well waters are usually very stable in their composition and require almost no polishing or additives to provide good properties for plants. I use city water and we bring it from a deep lake so its more stable now than a few years back that lake was very shallow and changed properties four times a year, a nightmare to process both at work and at home. :laughtwo:

Great Cosmos we now have names on them, now I just need to remember them with my stoner memory.... :)

Today Abigail the AK420 and Barbarella the BCN Critical moved into the tent (front left and rear right)! :)

I broke my first branch during LST... :oops: It got patched up with some electric tape. I dearly hope it'll make it.

They took over the old buckets of Ada and Wren, but with extra speedholes drilled. In the postmortem a page back, you can just about see how the roots have been seeking out the speedholes. Inspecting the buckets shows that some roots are just peeking out of the holes. So it may seem that the speedholes are good for aeration and root 'steering', if not on the level of air and textile pots.

The next thing to do is to move the light DC drivers out of the tent to get the temp down a bit - 28 C is a tad too much, I take it, and I'd like to try hitting 25 C to cover all phases of growth.

Tent_13_12_2019.JPG

10 F is ca 5.55 C. The temps go from 28 C to 18 C at night (82 to 64 F). I've read that during flowering you might want the daytime temps a bit lower than 28. I was thinking of keeping it at a golden mean of 25 for the triple overlapping grow, which has seedlings, veg and flower simultaneously.

Yeah, that branch only got half-snapped, so it should be fine in a little while.

Getting crowded in there now. :)

Those temps you got is perfect I would say, I always stick my crazy hand inside next to the tops and if it feels ok the plants sure do as well. I might add its my left hand, right hand is more like scary movie "strong hand" since my accident. :laugh: Most of the heat you are getting is probably generated by the photon radiation the light is generating and I don't think u will be able to get down the temps very much with just moving out the driver, but give it a try.

About pots, I recommend getting the autopot system with airdomes in the bottom of the pots. It makes a real change for them with a turbo charged air injection. :yahoo: I tested lots of different pots and mediums over the years and this is by far the best I ever tried and it takes up very little space in the tent. The pots I use now is the 8,5L pots and with them my Holy Punch produced ~200g of weed. I never thought this was possible in such small pots but I'm sure with the right strain and dialed in nutes I could reach even better results. I just run them in clay pebbles but I tried with soil as well and it works great that too.

Hope not Jul stress is killing you, I had my worst days before Xmas done now but one never knows... :)

Bet you if I gave up the floor space, I could cram 8 of those pots in there - gotta make sure no photons are wasted :laughtwo:

Been looking at Auto Pots too. So many options for how to grow... I'd like to try them all, there are many years ahead of me so some will be explored. The yield this time was 130g from two tiny autos, and while I'm super happy with that, I'm hoping to expand the envelope with future grows.

You're right about the heat; it's mostly radiated heat from the light, so yeah, moving the drivers may have a limited effect. What I need is an Ikaros :idea:

Not at all stressed out about Jul here. I'm quite relaxed, and my newly produced stash is ensuring that I stay relaxed for the time being :ganjamon:

Thinking like a Swed to the bone with those photons. :)

Those auto pots really turned the tide for me with perpetual growing, I live in an apartment building and its no joke for me to handle those 25L soil bags and then getting rid of the used soil as well. :p

Yea that Ikaros did almost the same as the pots but I can see yellowing on Kali now and she is getting really close again so some burns I will still get on these streetchy Sativas.

Glad you handle Jul well, lots get burnt by it. I'm not that hyped over it this year with moms illness but its really nice seeing my older brother again, we are almost like twins though 10 years apart. He does not share my devotion to growing but I guess it could change as well, he doesn't even know he just suspects i guess.... :laughtwo:

Now we need an update Cosmos... :laughtwo:
Sorry - been a bit busy :oops:

But hey, today is another feeding & photo day! It's day 59 for the AK420, day 46 for the BCN Critical XXL, day 30 for the Amnesia and White Widow and day 6 for the next gen AK420 and BCN Critical. That's 6 plants, 5 days until Jul, 4 strains, 3 feeding schedules, 2 cats, 1 grower, 0 problems (and a partridge in a pear tree... ).

That AK420 (front right) is extremely dense (too dense? I can hardly get a finger in between the branches/colas), and yes, I've snipped some leaves already. It has started packing on the colas though, so I have no complaints. The BCN Critical XXL (front middle) isn't all that XXL, and quite sparse compared to the AK420, but I'm looking at around 15 colas, hoping that they'll start fattening up too.

The (Seed Stockers) Amnesia and White Widow autos are definitely a "salad" phenotypes, as Shed called them. They have some huge ground hugging fan leaves. The previous ones grew to be nice though, so these will too.

You can just see the the next gen AK420 and BCN Critical peeking up above the soil. Nothing much to there for a week or so.

Tomorrow, some friends are arriving - we're going to have a tasting party... :Rasta:

Se, everything is nice and fresh, no dramas in the tent, looks like it'll be a green Christmas here:

Tent_18_12_2019.JPG

Looking good Cosmos! You got more plants in one tent than me! :)

That AK420 (front right) is extremely dense (too dense? I can hardly get a finger in between the branches/colas), and yes, I've snipped some leaves already.

Looks perfect, don't get in to the buds and cut away leafs if you feel insecure but always good to let more light come down.

Amnesia and White Widow autos are definitely a "salad" phenotypes

The buds wont mind if there is salad beneath, Thrips would love it! Hope you never have to meet them, how is your pets doing are they gone?

I got a cold a few days ago but I'm feeling better again, hope your gathering goes well and you have some nice sampling!

The buds wont mind if there is salad beneath, Thrips would love it! Hope you never have to meet them, how is your pets doing are they gone?
I have not seen anything living in the tent apart from the plants and there was nothing to be found in the root balls of the harvest. There never was much of the aphids, I think, so probably easy to fight. If they try it again, I now have a bottle of H2O2 at the ready ;)

I got a cold a few days ago but I'm feeling better again, hope your gathering goes well and you have some nice sampling!
Stay well, CraZy! Need lots of energy to get through the next few days :laughtwo:

Another week has passed, and it's day 65 for Anastasia the AK420, day 52 for Brynhild the BCN, both in full flower - they got 4/5 nutes. It's day 36 for Arianna the Amnesia and Wilhelmina the White Widow - they got 3/5 nutes. The last two, Abigail the AK420 and Barbarella the BCN, are on day 13 and will have to wait a couple more days for their first meal.

Tent_25_12_2019.JPG

Anastasia's colas are fattening up nicely:

Brynhilds buds are right on the heels of Anastasia:

Day_52_brynhild.JPG

Back
Top Bottom