Not my first grow but I’m still learning and need some guidance

Why do some branches grow faster than others? Pictures shows how long it took for this branch to finally touch the netting

46F2857F-A14F-47FE-A8C3-FFEBB137ABAF.jpeg

EFBD2283-2DE6-42D8-8184-CD7CB1D5512F.jpeg

Hormones, access to light, stuff like that. The plant will want to have one main, dominant branch like the tall one you show in the pic. It will send more growth hormones to that branch to get it the best shot at getting pollinated by being taller than all the others.

By topping the plant and cutting off that dominant branch, you force the hormones to get spread out to others that will compete to become that dominant leader.

Your net effectively can keep the hormones balanced across the plant, but you'll have to bend that tall one down back under the net to keep the balance in check.

The lower one you circled isn't getting the same level of hormones so will lag the taller ones.

I was just going to use the pk booster on the autos, but @LKABudMan was saying the pb has it in it already.

all that means is it is high in pk already. it doesn't mean there is enough for the what the plant is asking, and most plants want more when they turn. which is where you are at.

decent boosters have a few good things along for the ride more than just pk.
the difference between the PB and the AN booster is the AN is available to the plant immediately

Using it on the autos is fine?

using it on everything cannabis is fine. i do like using it at least a couple wks in to flower, when the plants have no doubt, but you can use it early. just be judicial. caution is key. some boosters are real hot.

it's a bit early now. however, i think they're giving a look. and if you look at the friday shot

efbd2283-2de6-42d8-8184-cd7cb1d5512f-jpeg.2510302

check under your circle. that big fan leaf with the yellow edges is a mild pk ask. it's hard enough to be mimicking a burn on the tip of the leaf next to it. a lot of folk read it the wrong way.

you could use a tiny bit of pk now. it's only going to get worse. a 1/4 to 1/2 dose now could keep things stable til you get the PB dialed up.

@New2this420 it is possible to use supplements from several brands together in a grow however our nutrient line does already have a pK booster for flower and you are not likely to need any additional input. The Big “Data” component supplies this pK and in a form that is readily available to be used by the plants.

I would caution against changing to many factors in your feed all at once. Since you just switched over to using our nutrient line and it seems like the discoloration in those leaves is still improving from what they were a week ago, please consider letting the system stabilize. If you do see any issues that are new or getting worse, post some pics and the members will help you decide if you need to increase pK further.

Patience will be your friend in this case.

@New2this420 it is possible to use supplements from several brands together in a grow however our nutrient line does already have a pK booster for flower and you are not likely to need any additional input. The Big “Data” component supplies this pK and in a form that is readily available to be used by the plants.

I would caution against changing to many factors in your feed all at once. Since you just switched over to using our nutrient line and it seems like the discoloration in those leaves is still improving from what they were a week ago, please consider letting the system stabilize. If you do see any issues that are new or getting worse, post some pics and the members will help you decide if you need to increase pK further.

Patience will be your friend in this case.
Oh well with that being said I didn’t apply the big data to the water when I mixed everything because it said to repeat week 4 veg and big data was listed as flowering stage only ??? So that’s why I am missing the pk ratio

all that means is it is high in pk already. it doesn't mean there is enough for the what the plant is asking, and most plants want more when they turn. which is where you are at.

decent boosters have a few good things along for the ride more than just pk.
the difference between the PB and the AN booster is the AN is available to the plant immediately

using it on everything cannabis is fine. i do like using it at least a couple wks in to flower, when the plants have no doubt, but you can use it early. just be judicial. caution is key. some boosters are real hot.

it's a bit early now. however, i think they're giving a look. and if you look at the friday shot

efbd2283-2de6-42d8-8184-cd7cb1d5512f-jpeg.2510302

check under your circle. that big fan leaf with the yellow edges is a mild pk ask. it's hard enough to be mimicking a burn on the tip of the leaf next to it. a lot of folk read it the wrong way.

you could use a tiny bit of pk now. it's only going to get worse. a 1/4 to 1/2 dose now could keep things stable til you get the PB dialed up.
The two pictures Monday/Friday were just questions about the branch taking a 5 days to touch the netting but as far as the pk goes , I didn’t add anything to the plants because the big data was only calling for the flowering stage . I was only following the directions. So since I received my an booster and already have the big data which one do I apply? And do I wait for next watering? Thanks

Man they look nice to me. I would add the big data at the next feeding and skip the AN. Less variables. Get ready for some stretch :)

I've never grown autos but I think so. Either way they are what they are. Keep them healthy and they will keep you healthy ;):smokin:

okay will do that. Are you saying the little autos will stretch?

they're giving you a look now. they'll bust out a bit more pretty quick. you are just before the flower stretch.

.The Big “Data” component supplies this pK and in a form that is readily available to be used by the plants.

i always thought yours had to break down to be available. is there more than one source ?

Well I’ll just keep the 18:6 light schedule and switch when they are ready.

you should be able to leave it 18 / 6 all the way through if they are autos. you can go to 12 / 12 to kick start them if you want, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

i do a big jump up in lighting between veg and flower. i can run 12 /12 fairly successfully as a result on autos. i'd leave it at 18 / 6 if i had to rely on the veg rig alone.

edit : as far as a pk booster .. i like to wait til i see flower set in a bit later. it seems a good wk to 2 early. watch for the puffballs.

you should be able to leave it 18 / 6 all the way through if they are autos. you can go to 12 / 12 to kick start them if you want, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

i do a big jump up in lighting between veg and flower. i can run 12 /12 fairly successfully as a result on autos. i'd leave it at 18 / 6 if i had to rely on the veg rig alone.

edit : as far as a pk booster .. i like to wait til i see flower set in a bit later. it seems a good wk to 2 early. watch for the puffballs.
I’ll leave the light schedule 18:6 then

I’ll leave the light schedule 18:6 then

if they are slow you have the option to kick them with the 12/ 12. if you go that way i'd wait til flower is well set before rolling back to 18 / 6 or 16 / 8. you can confuse them if you get them going to 12 /12 then increasing daylight hours. a lot has to do with how strong the ruderalis expression is.

otherwise roll 18/6, 20/4, or 24/0 all the way through start to finish. if they won't go, then look at reducing the light sched.

if they are slow you have the option to kick them with the 12/ 12. if you go that way i'd wait til flower is well set before rolling back to 18 / 6 or 16 / 8. you can confuse them if you get them going to 12 /12 then increasing daylight hours. a lot has to do with how strong the ruderalis expression is.

otherwise roll 18/6, 20/4, or 24/0 all the way through start to finish. if they won't go, then look at reducing the light sched.
I’m just going to roll with the 18:6 that way I don’t have to play with the timer again

Oh well with that being said I didn’t apply the big data to the water when I mixed everything because it said to repeat week 4 veg and big data was listed as flowering stage only ??? So that’s why I am missing the pk ratio
You did it right. Big "Data" adds more pK (phosphorus and potassium) to the mix which changes the NPK ratio to suit a flowering plant. The veg mix also has p and K from the Core A component which takes care of the veg portion of growth so you are not missing the ratio, its that the ratio changes for flower and that is why you add an additional nutrient for that stage.

Autos are going to flower when they feel its time, nothing you can do about that. When they transition to flower, which some of them seem to be doing already, you start using the week 1 flower feed on the chart which includes the Big "Data" component for extra pK. Your right on track!

i always thought yours had to break down to be available. is there more than one source ?
Core A supplies P and K during the veg cycle and Big "Data" boosts it in flower to get the right NPK ratio for each stage. Both are readily available sources. All of our nutrients are fully bioavailable out of the package which makes it suitable for hydro. A healthy root zone with lots of micro-organisms is always helpful but its not needed to break down the nutrients.

Core A supplies P and K during the veg cycle and Big "Data" boosts it in flower to get the right NPK ratio for each stage. Both are readily available sources. All of our nutrients are fully bioavailable out of the package which makes it suitable for hydro. A healthy root zone with lots of micro-organisms is always helpful but its not needed to break down the nutrients.

interesting. i'm running hempy grows.

Back
Top Bottom