Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

lmao...rocket surgeon

I find it so interesting to see others going through the exact same processes I went through last year. McGyvering duct, checking airflow, tweaking for that last 2 degrees, etc. Doing great Obi.

I found that by not letting the perlite go dry, watering every day I got much better results. In fact watering twice during the light cycle is even better, making sure to have enough solution run through the bucket as to replace what is in the hempy res. I know this is tough when you are hand watering but once a day is better than going through a wet dry cycle.

Man, every time I water these plants they instantly grow four inches. Here are a couple tops racing towards the light.

I swear there is a temperature gauge hanging in there somewhere!

I tried some white balance setting on the camera to remove some of the amber glow.

/Obi

They look fantastic Obi!

Obi Wan, I'm loving the way your T5 HO and you are growing your plants. I've been thinking of using T5's for my veg then move to a HPS for flower. After watching what can be done with a T5 I also am wanting to do my seed runs in a smaller tent with a T5's.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I can't see exactly how tight you T5 fixture is in your grow space but could some of your heat issues be caused by the light fixture itself trapping the heat under it? How well is it vented.

The light is a snug fit. It does trap a lot of heat. I have to use wind and angles to keep the temps where they are, lol. Tall plants on the left, short on the right. That allows me to tilt the fixture a few degrees to encourage heat and air flow to go in the direction I want.

There is an LED panel or two in my future which will solve some of the heat trap issues so I'm trying to make due till then :)

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:peace:

Log Date:
10/12/2014
Growth Stage:Flower
Veg Days (Weeks):61d (8w)
Flower Days (Weeks):12d (1w)
Total Days (Weeks):73d (10w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 88F/31C
Canopy Temp Min:68F/20C
Ceiling Temp Avg:78F/25C
Floor Temp Avg:77/25C
RH Min:30%
RH Max:
60%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
1ml
GH Flora-Micro:4ml
GH Flora-Bloom:5ml
GH CALiMAGic5ml
pH:5.8
PPM:870
Light Schedule:
12/12

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Red 3000K

Notes: Fed 1gal each. No Run off.
A couple macro pics of some buds...

/Obi

Love them buds! Looking great Obi!

Thanks Seraphim and Catman :)

These AI are pretty resilient and so am I, hehe!

/Obi Wan
:volcano-smiley:

I hope the effect of these plants are up to my needs. I chose to go with the AI based on some preliminary research and a little luck-of-the-draw from a short list of potential candidates. I very much want to perfect and maximize their potential in future grows but first I need to find my strain (fingers crossed for AI). Then, after I figure out their specific growth challenges and needs I can work with my cabinet to create an optimal environment.

Quality vs Quantity from my side of the fence

For me quantity is nearly as important as quality. Not to make money or for caregiver responsibilities but to simply regain and sustain an acceptable level of quality of life for myself. That means calculating dosage requirements and setting and reaching a goal. If I fall short I go without. It's that simple. So, while I would certainly enjoy a few grams of the most potent and tasty bud on the planet, a few grams won't sustain me for five to six months. I demand both quality and quantity from my grows and I know I can do it.

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Right on when it comes to quantity vs quality. I feel the same way.

Not sure how I feel yet on that subject guys? As I'm a virgin at this shit,lol. Once my first crop is done n dusted I will decide on my next move.space is an issue for me but looking into other options n angles for me to maximise growing potential.
Plants are looking sweeeeeeeeetttaaaaaaa! I reckon I'm about 10 days behind you brother obi but this first timer is still on the quest for knowledge and greatness.
Cheers brothers
Dusty

I hope the effect of these plants are up to my needs. I chose to go with the AI based on some preliminary research and a little luck-of-the-draw from a short list of potential candidates. I very much want to perfect and maximize their potential in future grows but first I need to find my strain (fingers crossed for AI). Then, after I figure out their specific growth challenges and needs I can work with my cabinet to create an optimal environment.

I hope the effects are up to your needs as well. I have no idea what my strain would be, but hope the search isn't too long - fingers crossed it's for AI for you

Quality vs Quantity from my side of the fence

For me quantity is nearly as important as quality. Not to make money or for caregiver responsibilities but to simply regain and sustain an acceptable level of quality of life for myself. That means calculating dosage requirements and setting and reaching a goal. If I fall short I go without. It's that simple. So, while I would certainly enjoy a few grams of the most potent and tasty bud on the planet, a few grams won't sustain me for five to six months. I demand both quality and quantity from my grows and I know I can do it.

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Very important point. We need to keep a perpetual grow of the type that works best, considering our usage. I know you can do it - And hope I will be in the position to do it too. Right now I am lucky my tolerance level is quite low, an OK match for the closet I'm limited to right now. Have you considered other factors to tweek until you can get closer to your goal? Like making edibles out of trim etc and so on? Extend your quantity with getting all you can from your quality grow...

Thanks for giving me something to think about

:peace:

I love to cook. It was my profession for many years. Not surprisingly I am very interested in edibles. However, I currently feel like I am trapped between a rock and a hard place. Here is my conundrum: I haven't yet harvested enough extra Cannabis to spare for cooking and testing recipes. I know what works for me at the moment and am reluctant to sacrifice my remaining meds for a dice roll. I would love to try some tinctures, butters, oils and ice extracts. However, when I check out cooking videos or read recipes I watch in awe as people dump in an ounce or two of fresh buds or a half a pound of frosty trim. I just don't have that laying around and what precious little I do have I ration carefully to maintain balance.

I do have a ziploc bag of trim from my NL harvest. It's not much and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I thought I might add it to my AI trim and ice hash them together. After further consideration I think I will keep them separate. The NL trim has not been stored optimally and if something is amiss I don't want to contaminate the AI.

Beyond making ice hash, my edibles and extracts plans are in a holding pattern. Cooking with Cannabis seems to require more raw material per dose than vaping (or smoking for that matter) and I'm still perfecting my growing skills.

I could really go for a brownie and some vanilla ice cream right about now :)

Ramble, ramble, ramble.
/Obi Wan
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom