Obi's Northern Light Autoflower - Indoor T5 - Soilless Mix - 2014

Yeah breeders packs almost always give you a shorter flowering duration. I guess they feel if they intentionally falsify the information by a week or 2 their seeds will be bought over someone who doesnt. Thats the only thing I can think of why they would lie

Ull really enjoy ur NL obi.I found my NL made me giggle a lot,there were nights I'd be watching an advert that's not really funny at all,an Iwas near rolling of my settee,in fits of giggles.And the munchies are incredible.iI havnt had any of those 2 things with the skunk I'm smoking now.I actually miss smoking that NL.serious man,that's a funny plant 2 smoke.cannabis wouldn't make me giggly,but boy did that plant make me laugh.hope u experience wot I experienced.

Needing something to do while I practice patience I ordered a couple things. A little prep for harvest day. I have en route a set of clippers and a 12 pack of 8g Boveda 62% packs.

Here's to another week gone by
and another week closer to harvest
/Obi
:riskybusiness:

Ull really enjoy ur NL obi.I found my NL made me giggle a lot,there were nights I'd be watching an advert that's not really funny at all,an Iwas near rolling of my settee,in fits of giggles.And the munchies are incredible.iI havnt had any of those 2 things with the skunk I'm smoking now.I actually miss smoking that NL.serious man,that's a funny plant 2 smoke.cannabis wouldn't make me giggly,but boy did that plant make me laugh.hope u experience wot I experienced.

Thanks snakelad. It's getting harder to wait. The anticipation is growing :)

I'm actually beginning to plan my next grow. I'm going to try a non-auto strain this time but I'm really torn on what to pick. Northern Lights again? Try something different? I think I have my choices narrowed down to a few selections but I'm trying to find real world grower info. I'll throw out a post regarding that.

Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it!

/Obi
:Namaste:

I've heard good things about the Boveda packs. I am looking forward to hearing how you like them!

Boveda packs have been around for a long time and have proven to work. They started out in the cigar world to keep them fresh many years ago. Now for cannabis they do the same and work perfect. I have used them for over 10 years and never had one problem.

Boveda packs have been around for a long time and have proven to work. They started out in the cigar world to keep them fresh many years ago. Now for cannabis they do the same and work perfect. I have used them for over 10 years and never had one problem.

That's good info. Thanks CO Finest. Do you have any suggestions for best use? It seems that burping jars during cure would be rendered pointless, even wasteful, with the Boveda packs.

My current harvest plan is to chop and trim wet, hang dry for a few days or as needed, de-nug the branches, jar them up with the Bovedas and leave them alone for a couple weeks.

Cheers,
/Obi
:thanks:

That's good info. Thanks CO Finest. Do you have any suggestions for best use? It seems that burping jars during cure would be rendered pointless, even wasteful, with the Boveda packs.

My current harvest plan is to chop and trim wet, hang dry for a few days or as needed, de-nug the branches, jar them up with the Bovedas and leave them alone for a couple weeks.

Cheers,
/Obi
:thanks:

Yes there is no point in burping with them they are whats called a two way pack. I open about once a week to check on my gauge's I put in my C Vaults that's about it

I mentioned I would post some stuff regarding future plans. I need to keep busy or else my anxiety gets the best of me. To that end I'm planning my next grow.

Some small details I have got so far:
Grow Area:
Indoor; Same box
Containers:Hempy
Method:Scrog
Mix:Perlite + Vermiculite ratio ?
Nutrients:GH Flora Trio (I have a bunch leftover)
Veg Lighting:T5; Same 8 bulb 4 foot fixture
Flower Lighting:T5 or 2 LED panels if they arrive soon enough

Strain Selection
Breeder: Nirvana

Name
Effect
Type
Description
Aurora IndicaBodyMostly IndicaAurora Indica, an F1 hybrid of Afghan and Northern Light, probably is one of the most potent Indica Seeds strains on the Marijuana Seeds Market. Its plants stay short, producing heavy colas and dense buds. Aurora Indica produces exceptional amounts of resin, resulting in a deep, near-black hash with a tasty aroma and a heavy buzz.
BubbleliciousBodyMostly IndicaDeveloped in the Midwest, U.S.A., then brought to the Netherlands in the 1990s to be further refined. Its cannabis plants grow vigorously and finish flowering in about 8 weeks. Nirvana Bubblelicious is highly resinous and extra sweet. Certain phenotypes will actually display a distinct pink bubblegum scent and flavor. This strain of cannabis is also very suitable for medical marijuana users.
Northern LightHead/BodyHybridNorthern Light is a marijuana strain which is highly suited to indoor growing. Nearly all promising modern indoor cannabis strains contain Northern Lights genes. With its high flower-to-leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production, these wonderful marijuana seeds are a most lucrative choice for the indoor cannabis grower. The smoke's flavor is somewhat neutral, yet full-bodied.
PapayaBodyHybridPapaya seeds are a fast growing, disease resistant, and usually early-maturing marijuana strain. This heavy, greasy Cannabis Indica stays short and dense, making it very suitable for Sea of Green gardens. Papaya has an exotic tropical aroma that's also reminiscent of whiskey pipe tobacco. The buzz from Papaya is relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic.
Snow WhiteBodyHybridSnow White is one of our top-notch selections from the 'white' marijuana seeds family. Her pure Cannabis Indica father gives Snow White a denser stature than close relative White Widow, making this F1 hybrid a big yielder indeed. Its cannabis plants bear dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. These marijuana seeds are well suited to cultivation in hydro or similar systems. With its lovely smooth taste and powerful Indica stone, Snow White is one of the nicest Widow variations available.

My medical use is predominantly for insomnia/sleep. Also for anxiety and related issues. Right now I am favoring the Papaya.

What do you guys and gals think I should select?

/Obi
:love:

Alright! Once vote in for Aurora Indica

I'm going to place an order soon (next week some time). Let's see if there are any more votes!

/Obi

You dont order the seeds right to your house do you?

The Aurora Indica is a very excellent plant but the yields are not huge. I like to smoke it sometimes. I wanted to try the Papaya and the Snow White. Perhaps I will give them a shot later this year. All the non-autos will give much bigger yields. I would recommend the Bubblelicious for your medical conditions. I have always ordered seeds to my home. I have never not received them. I have heard of seeds being snatched by customs on rare occasions. But never anyone getting busted for ordering them. Just a note saying haha we got your seeds is all. I think that all of the options are very good choices.

Going LED are ya? Which ones are you eyeing?

Im really glad you did t5 grow. I just freed up my t5 8 bulb so I may run an auto frow soley with it the one under HID to see if there is a difference.

Have a great night Obi! My the shwartz be with you!

Hi danknessdude. I'm impressed with Governmentchz and what has done with his Top LED Mars II's. I'm really considering two or three of the 400w versions. I've had a lot of fun with this T5. This being my 1st grow I have nothing to compare it to. It would be really cool to do a comparison grow with HID or LED. I would certainly grow this strain again. Maybe in the future I can run the autos under the LED's and compare it to this journal. Let me know if you do run a side by side :)

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine,
/Obi
:peace:

The Aurora Indica is a very excellent plant but the yields are not huge. I like to smoke it sometimes. I wanted to try the Papaya and the Snow White. Perhaps I will give them a shot later this year. All the non-autos will give much bigger yields. I would recommend the Bubblelicious for your medical conditions. I have always ordered seeds to my home. I have never not received them. I have heard of seeds being snatched by customs on rare occasions. But never anyone getting busted for ordering them. Just a note saying haha we got your seeds is all. I think that all of the options are very good choices.

Hehe CK, I nearly penciled you in for a Bubblelicious vote from the getgo. I'm glad to have your input as always! There are several things that intrigue me about Bubblelicious. I like the origins and history as well as the heavy Indica traits. Plus, wouldn't it be fun to get a pink pheno :p

I'm going to number each vote and pick a random number/strain to grow :)

/Obi

Obi,u want 2 grow Barbie's pineapple express,look it up.there's a smoke report on YouTube as well.apparently its a real heavy knock u out stone.if its potent smoke ur looking,as in 1 joint does u 4 hours,pineapple express it seems is the very best of the bunch.see ur NL obi,I promise u u won't need 2 cure it.I didn't.Iactually quick dried half that plant,iI kept nipping bits of early.I'm telling u obi.its a strong enough plant,it really doesn't need curing if ur wanting a smoke soon.

06/01/2014 Journal Entry
Total Days: 65
Flowering Days: 32

Watered plain water @ pH 5.6
4.5gal/17L between 7 plants
runoff pH 6.3

I don't have any new pictures to post. Last night's watering was a quick in and out. I wanted to get the data posted this morning before I forget to do it.

Notes:
Larger foliage (lower fan leaves) are yellowing and dieing off an an increasing rate. Between the seven larger plants, I think I pull out or pick up a handful of dead stuff every few days now.

I should make a noteworthy mention that a couple more plants are presenting dry, upper 3-finger foliage with yellow/brown spots on the leaves. Very similar to Nan and at about the same flower stage as well.

Here is Nan from the 05/26/2014. She was the first to exhibit this behavior/symptom.

At first I thought it was nute splash. Then perhaps burn. I've backed off the nute strength. I have been following a [feed] [feed] [water] schedule which may have been a bit too much. I find it interesting that it seems to have happened at about the same time in each plants flowering period.

That's all I have regarding last night's watering :)

Love and respect,
/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid
:green_heart:

A quick tally of the strain votes from the list so far. I do appreciate additional suggestions but this grow will be from one of the strains I mentioned earlier :)

Here is a link to the possible strains

A random number generator will pick my next beans to grow towards the end of this week. Each strain can be entered more than once. Each member may only suggest one.

1. Papaya
  2. Aurora indica
  3. Bubblelicious

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom