Obi's Northern Light Autoflower - Indoor T5 - Soilless Mix - 2014

1. Papaya
  2. Aurora Indica
  3. Bubblelicious
  4. Snow White
  5. Aurora Indica
  6. Bubblelicious

I went over to random.org and requested a random number between 1 and 6. It returned 2.

It looks like my next grow will be Aurora Indica. I don't think there is a bad choice among the group and there is a really good chance I will be growing them all eventually, lol.

I requested the random number two more times just for fun. Want to know what It returned? 3 and 6 :) I'll probably start 2015 with some Bubblelicious beans. We'll see!

Thanks again everyone who tossed in a pick or simply follow this goofy journal for fun :)

/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid
:high-five:

My guess is that it will be time for a nute feeding tonight. I will snap some pics again. Some plants have added a little weight some not so much. Maybe others will see any changes better than myself.

/Obi

S you went from having aurora indica up 2 times to having bubblicious up 2 times. I am here waiting for the pics.

So basically I spray them with water until it drips off and leave for its 24hr dark period then hang dry as normal? I had found one or 2 flies and hairs on bud so this will come In handy cheers :)

Snakey that's due to auto its been a flaw and downside to autos since day one some plants do smell strong and like there photo ancestors but yep sadly alot of early gems like your nl are still alot ruderallis leading to that hay like smell photoperiods have alot lot stronger smell but not always I've had a few reap potent stinky strains :bong:

So basically I spray them with water until it drips off and leave for its 24hr dark period then hang dry as normal? I had found one or 2 flies and hairs on bud so this will come In handy cheers :)

Snakey that's due to auto its been a flaw and downside to autos since day one some plants do smell strong and like there photo ancestors but yep sadly alot of early gems like your nl are still alot ruderallis leading to that hay like smell photoperiods have alot lot stronger smell but not always I've had a few reap potent stinky strains :bong:

You submerge them in the water while gentle flicking them back and forth in the water. I document the whole process with pictures in my journal. I forget what page but its near page 100 of my journal. The pictures are in my gallery though.

Total Days: 72
Flowering Days: 40

Fed 75% strength based on GH Flora DTW schedule week 10
5Gal + 0ml Grow + 15ml Micro + 30ml Bloom + ??ml pH Down
water pH 6.0
runoff pH 6.0

This feeding is several days late and the plants are suffering because of that. Most fan leaves have yellowed and/or died. I think its been 9 days since last water and probably 14 since last feed? I had some family things come up this weekend. We had to travel out of town. Let's just say circumstances arose that prevented me from being able to tend to the plants in a timely matter :(

I'm a little bummed. The Manganese lockout and subsequent yellowing progressed rapidly over the last few days. I feel like the plants are punishing me for the neglect over the last few days. Deservedly so I suppose. I didn't remove any foliage during this mornings feed. No time before work and I want to see if anything comes back to life after the water and nutes.

The flowers seem relatively unaffected. Perhaps a little stunted but I think they look alright. Most affected are fan leaves of 3 fingers or more progressing from the top down.

/Obi

Thanks danknessdude. I had been feeding/watering at pH 5.6-5.8ish. Yet my runoff has been consistently over 6.0. I feel like I've been fighting the Pro-Mix trying to keep pH down. The last feeding I gave in and went with a pH 6.0 feed thinking maybe I've been too low all this time... I was contemplating gradually raising pH to see how the plants respond but I'm running out of time.

A pH of 6+ contradicts what I've learned about growing in Pro-Mix (treated as hydro) but I was grasping at straws trying to remedy the fan leaf issue. In hindsight I probably should have flushed with plain water until I could get a proper runoff pH reading. I may fill some 5gal buckets with water and experiment with flushing half of the plants in a day or so.

Things are beginning to finish up. Two plants have Trichs that are 75/25 clear/cloudy with a stray amber one here and there. The rest of the plants are about 90/10 clear/cloudy. I think a staggered harvest may be ready to begin in about 2 weeks and complete in about 4 weeks. Additionally, I'm contemplating harvesting the main upper cola's first and letting the side branching mature a little longer on the plant. I guess I'll see when the time comes.

/Obi

Hmm Harvest the mains last as those are the real potent stuff. Just bend it horizontal. Pictures of what I mean in my journal. Newest pics.

Hey SmokerJoe. I'm going to try pushing these girls a little long. Don't the main colas mature first? I was thinking of letting them (mains) get maybe 25% amber Trichs, harvest them, and let the side branches ripen further. I worry that if I prolong the mains until the sides are ripe they may go past prime.

Someone let me know if I have this backwards, lol. Or, should I simply harvest the plants as a whole?

I just ran out of meds so one plant may get the chop soon. The one showing a few amber Trichs now...

/Obi

I've gotta get more pics posted.

Here are 2 pics from about a week ago (06/04/2014) and a pic of a couple amber Trichomes from yesterday. My hands shake pretty good so it's tough to take a steady microscope shot.

The Trich pic is a different plant.

NLA_20140604_205312.jpg
NLA_20140604_205124.jpg
NLA_20140611_184512.jpg

/Obi

Hey SmokerJoe. I'm going to try pushing these girls a little long. Don't the main colas mature first? I was thinking of letting them (mains) get maybe 25% amber Trichs, harvest them, and let the side branches ripen further. I worry that if I prolong the mains until the sides are ripe they may go past prime.

Someone let me know if I have this backwards, lol. Or, should I simply harvest the plants as a whole?

I just ran out of meds so one plant may get the chop soon. The one showing a few amber Trichs now...

/Obi

I'd go with direct observation on this one.
The bud you see as most ripe is .... drum roll ... most ripe :rofl:

Thanks MaggiesFarm and Radogast. I'm definitely winging it over here :)

My harvest anxiety is decreasing with every passing week. Now that I have sampled my most mature plant I have an increasing desire to prolong harvest. I can't believe it's working, lol. I feel like the longer I wait the better it will be :)

/Obi

A sample of the Trich plant pictured above (a low side branch with a single nug from "Page") provides a 3 hour effect. It initially feels pretty cerebral with some relaxing effects felt in the legs and knees. After vaping about 1.5g (wet) I had to stop and sit down. Then I realized I was already sitting down. I wasn't sure if I had a creeper strain or if it hit full on right away. I felt a comfortable buzz and didn't want to take it too far.

It took a while to vape the wet sample. I cut it up with scissors and kept reloading my vape stem when the material dried out real well. I think it will hit a lot harder when it dries and condenses down to nice tight nugs.

I'm really curious to see how much the buds shrink. I know it's a lot. The buds that I have felt, ones that are nearest to finishing, are quite hard. They feel as if squeezing big plump grapes. They give just a little under pressure. I imagine they will shrink to raisins when dry. Marble sized raisins, lol.

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom