Odyssey in NorCal

redolent420

I took a brief hiatus between this and my last grow. My previous grow partner and I had a falling out, over weed of all things. A friendship of nearly 20 years is lost and I can't tell you how much that grieves me. I won't go into details; I'll just say that it blows my mind what money, weed and greed can do to a friendship that I thought was rock solid.

Meanwhile life goes on. I cut my losses, left everything behind and moved on.
I have a new grow partner now, a new set up and a new crop.

I'm not exactly handy with tools; I needed a shed/grow room and didn't want to build one. I found one locally, but I had a problem getting it into my back yard. The solution was to fly it in with a crane.
Shed4.jpg

We added extra studs, insulation, drywall and paint. What do you know; we had a room that we could work with. We installed electricity, lighting, inline fan and duct work and we were ready to go.
2145Small.jpg

We are growing Odyssey, an Oaksterdam strain.
Odyssey.jpg

We purchased the clones on February 10th. Sorry it took so long getting pictures up.
We transplanted into 12x12 pots and moved them under 2 — 600w hps lamps on a light mover.
2152Small.jpg

It's pretty much the same system that I had before. Hey, if it works, don't fix it.
2269Small.jpg

2266Small.jpg

2267Small.jpg

2263Small.jpg

Oh yeah I'm In for this for sure....:cheer: How about Julie? She's not a victim of this senseless argument is she?

:welcome: BACK brother grower....been missing your grows...Julie still has a spot in my personal screen saver...not sure if she will still be around because of broken friendships ...but your growing skills and grows stand out themselves..without her lovely addition....but i too am curious...Will julie be joining us for this grow too :yummy:
Love the set up...and like you said if it works don't fix it...you have always got great yeilds this way...and hope to do similar set up in future...right now got a lot of differant strains and plant ages and sizes....would like to do a grow with set up you have and get away from chopping one at a time. :bravo:

You kokw I'm in on this. That crane is ridiculous.(in a good way) And sorry to hear about the fall out. I lost one of my childhood friends that same way. Ironic, after we stopped "hangin out", a year later he ended up in prison for life, all cause of his same mentality. LOL..the julie fan club is here I see.

He's back!! :yahoo:

Looking forward to watching your grow. Welcome back, you've been missed :hippy:

very nice swamp, so glad you're back and all's good. . . cant wait for those beautiful lady pics!

Whats the footprint of that thing? and your actual grow space?

I agree with Soniq420, it is a tragedy bro to loose a friend you have had for that long. Real friends are hard to come by, and I am sure with a regular supply of weed it is easy to have "friends", just not the real ones bro.

The grow looks great though! :bravo: +rep
:peace: brother.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back. It's great to see some familiar faces... er, avatars and some not so familiar avatars. Normally I like to take time to address everyone personally, but you overwhelmed me this time.

I think the #1 question was concerning Julie. Julie was not a victim of the senseless argument as blackbeast put it. Julie is a free spirit and spends her time in an a few different gardens. I did happen to notice that she was in town recently and I will definitely invite her back to grace the pages of my journal once again in the near future. I know it will make the Brandman happy too.

Wheelo, the shed is 10x12. We have a small area partitioned off for clones, but it's just too hard to get them in the photos. I figure I'll throw these into flower in another few weeks, possibly sooner.

Thanks again for the warm welcome back. I'll leave you with a few recent pics.
2282Small.jpg

2270Small.jpg

2277Small.jpg

Hey, just a quick question for my 420Mag friends.

I'm gearing up for this years outdoor grow. I've already decided to use Smart Pots. I've never used them before, but I'm already sold on them for a number of reasons.
#1) You have total control of the growing medium
#2) Gopher proof
#3) Excellent aeration
#4) Air pruned root structure
etc, etc.

My main question is about soil. I mean really, as long as there is good drainage and the ph level is in the ballpark, just how important is it? You can spend tons of money on soil, especially when your filling 30-100gal. Smart Pots, the costs add up fast.

I figure, as long as I am controlling the ph, nutes and water, why do I need to spend tons on money on name brand soil. I don't know, maybe some of my fellow grow brothers/sisters can enlighten me here.

Thanks,
swampgas.

Since your cntrolling most of the additives outside of the soil you should be good using a good PH stable medium, or at the least a medium with a good ph buffer in it.cause realisticly if you choose to go with say Fox Farm Ocean Forest you wouldnt even be feeding them nutes for the first few weeks. And your intention is to feed them at this time to allow you more control of their growth. So using pricey soil could actually hinder you. But this is just my opinion, I'm sure you'll get opposing thoughts. Or maybe not, we'll see.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom