Nope just the opposite, its fairly hard to tell from a distance.
The far right is the Super Critical Bud which appears to be indica dominant and is just a shorter bushier plant.
The far left is the 7 gal.
The 7 gal pot is also sitting up several inches taller than the large pots.

The center and far right are 20 gal.
Both 20 gal pots the buds are at least twice as big.
The 7 gal has stacked up nicely a full 22" worth and has decent buds that are oily as hell.
But the buds are much smaller and not really dense.
The Super Critical Bud is big and rock hard, the center cream & cheese is also about 3 fingers wide and pretty dense, all 3 plants totally covered in trichomes.
Another difference is both larger pots have very intense aroma, strong smell.
The Super Critical Bud smells kinda like maybe grapefruit and Pineapple very fruity and sweet.
The center Cream & Cheese smells like cheese, but like a honey cheesecake.
The 7 gal barely has a smell.
I assume theres far more terpenes from the larger pots..
this of course is not definitive, it could be just a wildly different phenotype and may have been about the same even in the larger pot.
but I really don't think so.

This first pic is about the largest bud on the 7 gal, its a small double bud (polyploid). Barely two fingers wide.

20210426_123516.jpg

This is the smallest bud on the far right Super Critical Bud.
20210426_123621.jpg

This is one of the 4 larger buds, all about this size or bigger. This one is at least 3 fingers wide maybe little more.
20210426_123243.jpg

Here's the far left, looks like Christmas trees there are 12 buds.
Next to a few of the center buds which are more like pineapples.

20210426_121629.jpg
Size matters! Great contrast in the two Cream and cheeses. That honey cheesecake is what I'm accustomed to. Delish! That one on the left is a new look to me. Looks fun!

Week 7.
Just yesterday seeing a couple amber trichomes on the Super Critical Bud even though it just started to fade about 2-3 days ago while the Cream & Cheese started fading and turning red 2 weeks ago.
It appears as though the Super Critical Bud might be ready at week 8 next Friday.
Cream & Cheese is a nice red and chartreuse color, getting a lot of calyxes popping out all over like it wants to foxtail but it isn't, its just popping out and hopefully just getting fat the next week or so.
My temp I am keeping 76⁰ lights on and 71⁰ lights off.
Humidity at 45%.
Watering with only Yucca .
The smell is intoxicating between the two.
Going to order my reamend kit from Buildasoil pretty soon so I can get ready for next grow.
20210502_160426.jpg
20210502_145947.jpg
20210502_145816.jpg
20210502_145735.jpg
20210502_144302.jpg
20210502_125041.jpg

So my homemade NunyaX lights are working phenomenally well.
The highest I've had them cranked up is the past few weeks of flower and the left one is 218w and the right is 260w so a total wattage of 478w max and that is actually a tad high for the tallest buds at over 1400 PPFD but it puts all the rest of the buds at that 900-1100 PPFD sweetspot from wall to wall and the Cream & Cheese in the 20 gal pot is handling the 1400 PPFD no problem, just getting fat and juicy.

Just taking an educated guess it looks like I should get no less than 23 oz.
Course I could be blowing smoke up my own ass and get no where near that but sure looks like at least that much to me.
so even if i count the entire grow as 478w then I should be around 1.4gr/w
Assuming I get 23 oz.
But in reality the first 1/2 of the grow i was only using about 275w total.
Which would bring my gr/w up considerably.
20210504_121431.jpg

20210504_125901.jpg

So my homemade NunyaX lights are working phenomenally well.
The highest I've had them cranked up is the past few weeks of flower and the left one is 218w and the right is 260w so a total wattage of 478w max and that is actually a tad high for the tallest buds at over 1400 PPFD but it puts all the rest of the buds at that 900-1100 PPFD sweetspot from wall to wall and the Cream & Cheese in the 20 gal pot is handling the 1400 PPFD no problem, just getting fat and juicy.

Just taking an educated guess it looks like I should get no less than 23 oz.
Course I could be blowing smoke up my own ass and get no where near that but sure looks like at least that much to me.
so even if i count the entire grow as 478w then I should be around 1.4gr/w
Assuming I get 23 oz.
But in reality the first 1/2 of the grow i was only using about 275w total.
Which would bring my gr/w up considerably.
20210504_121431.jpg
How did you make your lights?

Found it @Nunyabiz ! Following along now. I guess it wasn't on my watch list. I'll go back from time to time to catch up on reading your methods and results.

I saw your comment about getting the reamend kit from Build A Soil. I haven't looked into it but why do you prefer that product? Does it have to be used after every grow? Thanks.

Found it @Nunyabiz ! Following along now. I guess it wasn't on my watch list. I'll go back from time to time to catch up on reading your methods and results.

I saw your comment about getting the reamend kit from Build A Soil. I haven't looked into it but why do you prefer that product? Does it have to be used after every grow? Thanks.
I use that particular reamend kit because I am using Buildasoil V3 soil and its literally made to rebalance their soil.
And yes its a good idea to reamend with a full array of amendments made for your particular soil recipe, plus an inch or so top dress of fresh Oly Mountain Fish Compost, a handful of cannabis leaves chopped up for the worms and a good handful of Bokashi to help break it down and a good dose of whatever mycorrhazae inoculate you use.
Then let that stew for a week to let the roots from what you just harvested start to decompose.

So, sitting at 8 weeks 4 days in flower.
Looks like probably a couple more days for the Super Critical Bud.
The Cream & Cheese in the 20 gallon pot is starting to amber with probably a week to go.
The Cream & Cheese in the tiny pot i dunno, but I'd say at least a week.
But you never really know, I've seen them all of a sudden amber right up in just a couple days.
But I can't imagine any of them lasting more than another 10 days max.

All 3 are completely covered in a thick layer of trichomes.

I do like the Buildasoil V3 soil, it has performed well.
Ordered a reamend kit for both pots and a bag of Gypsum.
The small pot I am just going to have to dig the root mass outa there and I'll use the soil for my veggie plants outside, no way is it usable again, its just solid roots.
So I'll fill that back up with fresh V3.

Most of the buds are starting to lean on over because of the oil.
Instead of yoyo'ing them up I am just letting them lean on over to get more light down lower.
The Cream & Cheese has pretty much turned all red which is kinda cool.
20210511_182820.jpg
20210511_183205.jpg
20210511_183820.jpg
20210511_144951.jpg
20210511_190723.jpg
20210511_191030.jpg
20210511_191324.jpg
20210511_191456.jpg
20210511_142604.jpg
20210511_190909.jpg

Reading this is getting me super amped for my 20gal living soil grow this summer! Flip flopping on # of plants as I won’t be able to control veg time outdoors and don’t want to over do it and suck the pots of nutrients!

I’m in Canada so my growing season is only May 24 to October. I dropped 3 seeds a few weeks ago for it but I overwatered them and put them in Promix organic soil which I don’t think was enough for them so they have been stuck for 2 weeks basically. May drop new seeds this weekend and plant in 2 weeks in the 20gal pots. That’ll give my soil a good 3-4 weeks of “cook” time.

Anyway great journal here @Nunyabiz and well done LOS, those will be some delicious great tasting and smelling organic buds!

I’m in Canada so my growing season is only May 24 to October. I dropped 3 seeds a few weeks ago for it but I overwatered them and put them in Promix organic soil which I don’t think was enough for them so they have been stuck for 2 weeks basically. May drop new seeds this weekend and plant in 2 weeks in the 20gal pots. That’ll give my soil a good 3-4 weeks of “cook” time.

Anyway great journal here @Nunyabiz and well done LOS, those will be some delicious great tasting and smelling organic buds!
I keep forgetting you're in Canada with a short grow season.
I think if I were in that situation and wished to grow outside I would probably start seedlings indoor in like February and grow them 3 months indoor then transplant them outdoor in 100 gal pots with a 90 day headstart.
There are some super size autoflowers that might be worth a try also.

Well I am getting on up close to 10 weeks flower. (Friday)
10 weeks from day one of 12/12, which is not how breeders measure, they start flower from day one that there is an actual flower started.
That's usually 1 to 2 weeks after starting 12/12.
Anyway, they look fairly spent to me, they are not quite to the 20+% amber I was looking for, although that may change tomorrow morning because I just turned the lights off today, I am going to force them to amber.
Will start with the Super Critical Bud and see how it goes, I may let the other two marinate in the darkness another day.

I think the intensity of LEDs prolong the flower stage a little bit which may account for the larger average yields of LED.
But most of the leaves have faded yellow and red so there's very little photosynthesis going on.
I think by in the morning after 24 hours of darkness they'll be about 20% amber and I can get this ball rolling.
They are basically just a hash plant at this point.

20210519_200139.jpg
20210519_200541.jpg
20210519_122641.jpg
20210519_122628.jpg
20210519_122537.jpg
20210519_201709.jpg

I just caught up on the grow and its looking great.
That soil mix has to be pretty good or that critical would be collapsing under those buds.
I think you'll have a new yeild record for the tub this time. Super Critical seems to be an excelent producer, and those lights...sweet.
Does the Critical have a strong skunk smell ? I ran a white widow/critical mix and the best and worst thing about it was the super strong smell.

I just caught up on the grow and its looking great.
That soil mix has to be pretty good or that critical would be collapsing under those buds.
I think you'll have a new yeild record for the tub this time. Super Critical seems to be an excelent producer, and those lights...sweet.
Does the Critical have a strong skunk smell ? I ran a white widow/critical mix and the best and worst thing about it was the super strong smell.
It actually has a very sweet Pineapple smell.
Yeah it could definitely be over 20oz this grow.
Hard to say until I get a few buds weighed which I am about to start soon as I have breakfast and some Hempseed coffee.

Thanks for taking the time to read my journal, I always love seeing a long line of reactions as someone reads through.

Back
Top Bottom