Old Timer needs some help please

1337sp33d

Hi all, joining the community after many years . In 1975 was studying at the University of Washington Extension, and found a book on marijuana. Was into chemistry, and did somatic cell doubling through colchicine on some Columbian gold. Long story short on my way to socal my 64 chevy impala {orange with side pipes} broke down in Humboldt at a gas station off the freeway. I opened the trunk to give the baby some sun and somebody stole the female and left me the male, long since forgiven the person but sure would like to visit her kids.

Maybe karma really is a thing, and the thief got caught with your plant, arrested, tried, convicted, sent to jail... where he tried to steal again, and got stabbed to death with a sharpened toothbrush.

I'm curious. What were you hoping to accomplish by inducing chromosome doubling / polyploidy in your plants?

By the way... I don't know whether you could find the real, original Columbian Gold today even if you flew down to Santa Marta and searched the highlands - but the breeder World of Seeds purports to have it. And you might find many strains that have great appeal on Ace Seeds' website, as it stocks landrace sativas from all over (including Mexico and South America).

Hi all, joining the community after many years . In 1975 was studying at the University of Washington Extension, and found a book on marijuana. Was into chemistry, and did somatic cell doubling through colchicine on some Columbian gold. Long story short on my way to socal my 64 chevy impala {orange with side pipes} broke down in Humboldt at a gas station off the freeway. I opened the trunk to give the baby some sun and somebody stole the female and left me the male, long since forgiven the person but sure would like to visit her kids.
Don’t worry our sponsors have lots of seeds.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

WELCOME, AND 64 IMPALA is my dream car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ahhhh, some day. Ive had 8 impalas, not a single 64 yet. Had a chance to get a 63, but it blizzarded on the day i had to pick it up in Virginia, and the dude with the trailer wouldnt take me to get it.

WELCOME, AND 64 IMPALA is my dream car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ahhhh, some day. Ive had 8 impalas, not a single 64 yet. Had a chance to get a 63, but it blizzarded on the day i had to pick it up in Virginia, and the dude with the trailer wouldnt take me to get it.
I had a 70 impala.
Huge beast but went like a scared rabbit.
Till I put it up my neighbors front lawn in the rain.
Loved that old car.
Take care.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Welcome to 420 Magazine @1337sp33d

Are you currently growing anything?
Do you have any images you would lie to share?

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

That's unfortunate, and it sounds like you might have some insider tips on the molecular level.

Hiya @1337sp33d so... what ever became of the male you were left in custody of? Did his pollen ever find a pistil? Or does the story end at the gas station?

Maybe karma really is a thing, and the thief got caught with your plant, arrested, tried, convicted, sent to jail... where he tried to steal again, and got stabbed to death with a sharpened toothbrush.

I'm curious. What were you hoping to accomplish by inducing chromosome doubling / polyploidy in your plants?

By the way... I don't know whether you could find the real, original Columbian Gold today even if you flew down to Santa Marta and searched the highlands - but the breeder World of Seeds purports to have it. And you might find many strains that have great appeal on Ace Seeds' website, as it stocks landrace sativas from all over (including Mexico and South America).
The purpose was to make the weed stronger and thus use less

I made a large raised bed and had it as a pet till I had to move and could not bring the large raised bed. Knowing what I know now I should have collected and stored some pollen.
Bummer, hind site being 20/20.

Back
Top Bottom