OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

Why are the crazy ones so much fun yet so much trouble?:rofl:
Reminds me of that ole joke: My girlfriend ran off with my best mate. Gee I miss HIM.:rofl: Napa's wine country isnt it:rofl: Ahhhh women mate. Can't live with em. Can't shoot em.:rofl::peace:

Hi groover Napa is wine country alright. I lived there for 7 years.
That was a terrible joke. lol ;)
Actually number two told me I was not the kind of man to be married. Guess I should have listened to her. :rofl::rofl:

Has anyone ever tryed the cannabis food products i have seen and longed for?

Hi Dain Those brownies I had long ago are the only cannabis I have ever eaten, so I'm no help. Maybe others have and will join us. :peace:

Yes I have tried cannabis foods and let me say the high if made properly will knock your socks off. Eaten THC does become a halucenagetic and very powerful. I can say any products I have tried from local coop's suck. If you want the recipe for butter I have a really good one. Then use the butter in any foods you would normally use butter in or on and wait 45 minutes then hold on for 5 plus hours your going on a ride. :)

I mad muffins a few times, back when I knew this humongous bouncer at a the French Quarter, he turned me on to some great high grade buds, I think I ws paying 120 for a quarter of this beautiful herb The colors on the bud made it look like a dressed up x-mas tree and the smell and taste was fruity like watermelon gum.

I couldn't get enough of that stuff.. So I cooked up a batch of muffins by putting the herb on a hot heavy pan for a few minutes, and then mixing it up in blue berry muffins, long story... but my best Amigo, a long time musician that smoked since he was a kid growing up in Philly. He had me take him to the hospital that day cause he couldn't handle the ride!

I don't know what the hell that was really about, but to this day he says it was the muffins.

Yes I have tried cannabis foods and let me say the high if made properly will knock your socks off. Eaten THC does become a halucenagetic and very powerful. I can say any products I have tried from local coop's suck. If you want the recipe for butter I have a really good one. Then use the butter in any foods you would normally use butter in or on and wait 45 minutes then hold on for 5 plus hours your going on a ride. :)

OK Xcit That got my attention....5 Hours. Oh! Yea! Yes, please send that recipe. I may not use it for a while, but I will use it. 5 hours, that sounds just too good. I love hallucinogenic anything. :ganjamon:
Thanks, Bro.

I mad muffins a few times, back when I knew this humongous bouncer at a the French Quarter, he turned me on to some great high grade buds, I think I ws paying 120 for a quarter of this beautiful herb The colors on the bud made it look like a dressed up x-mas tree and the smell and taste was fruity like watermelon gum.

I couldn't get enough of that stuff.. So I cooked up a batch of muffins by putting the herb on a hot heavy pan for a few minutes, and then mixing it up in blue berry muffins, long story... but my best Amigo, a long time musician that smoked since he was a kid growing up in Philly. He had me take him to the hospital that day cause he couldn't handle the ride!

I don't know what the hell that was really about, but to this day he says it was the muffins.

Hi sisco That sounds like some bad ass muffins. :ganjamon:
He probably wasn't ready for what he got.:smokin: What a surprise he got.
If all you guys say its good, I believe it. A question, will it work using some not so good buds? Or would making hash out of them be better? The brownies I had were really gritty and I had some trouble getting them down. That's why I never tried it after that. :popcorn:

Just stopping by to say Aloha, how is OMM tonight?

:peace: bro.

Hello High:ganjamon:
The OMM is fine tonight, thanks for asking. Probably be by to see you later.
All the little girls for my next grow are looking fine. Hopefully they will be ready for a transplant at just the right time. Especially if Miss Joanne finishes soon.:surf:
Aloha :hippy:

OldMan you did it!! Nice job!

Musik

Hi Musik :surf:
Long time no see. Glad you stopped by.
No too sure what your complimenting me for......But I am not one to turn down a "Nice job". Thanks. I got to get over and see you too.:ganjamon:

Hello High:ganjamon:
The OMM is fine tonight, thanks for asking. Probably be by to see you later.
All the little girls for my next grow are looking fine. Hopefully they will be ready for a transplant at just the right time. Especially if Miss Joanne finishes soon.:surf:
Aloha :hippy:

Miss Joanne has a mind of her own, so the dark didn't effect her much huh...I tell ya, if I came to Hawaii I would probably never wanna leave. Kinda don't blame her.:ganjamon:

And you should come by, I got the camera so have some photo's up.

:peace: from the mountains.

Miss Joanne has a mind of her own, so the dark didn't effect her much huh...I tell ya, if I came to Hawaii I would probably never wanna leave. Kinda don't blame her.:ganjamon:

And you should come by, I got the camera so have some photo's up.

Hello again High I was so intent telling you about the seeds, I spaced the pics. Be over soon. Damn I have a one track mind, I know what the problem is I need a bowl. :Rasta:

Stubborn is freezing her butt off at the moment. It's in the low 60s at the moment and could get into the high 50s by morning. Most of the houses here are single wall construction and none of us have any heaters at all. I am bundled up and cold. Just not used to this cool stuff.:surf:

:peace: from the cold Islands.

OMM, ask MDVL for her recipe brother. She just made up 10 lbs of butter from the Medical 1024. When she bakes with the butter, you can't taste the weed at all. But you better put seat belts on your chair, cause the ride is intense. She basically used the leafs and small buds from one plant to make between 5-10 pounds of butter. Use equal amounts of water and trimmings, bring to a light simmer, add in the butter, simmer for 20-30 minutes, then strain thru cheese cloth. Let the water/butter stand until cool, then place inthe refrigirator until the butter hardens. Remove the butter and place in a tupperware container for storage and use. Sounds much more complicated, but is actually quite easy. If you are using a less potent weed, then use less butter for a more concentrated product, say 5 lbs of butter instead of 10. Use the "green" butter as you normally would for cooking, baking and such. Good luck my friend.

OMM, ask MDVL for her recipe brother. She just made up 10 lbs of butter from the Medical 1024. When she bakes with the butter, you can't taste the weed at all. But you better put seat belts on your chair, cause the ride is intense. She basically used the leafs and small buds from one plant to make between 5-10 pounds of butter. Use equal amounts of water and trimmings, bring to a light simmer, add in the butter, simmer for 20-30 minutes, then strain thru cheese cloth. Let the water/butter stand until cool, then place inthe refrigirator until the butter hardens. Remove the butter and place in a tupperware container for storage and use. Sounds much more complicated, but is actually quite easy. If you are using a less potent weed, then use less butter for a more concentrated product, say 5 lbs of butter instead of 10. Use the "green" butter as you normally would for cooking, baking and such. Good luck my friend.

Thanks GMT:surf:
That sounds easy enough. I will try it if and when I harvest Joanne. The trim and pop corn buds sound great and I have about an oz of not too good buds I could put in it. It might be a while, but I will give you a report on how it turns out. I love butter on pan cakes. :ganjamon:

I was just looking at cannabutter recipes and methods online the other day, and the time to simmer is all over the place, from 30min to 12hrs.

Also, a couple of peeps mentioned heating the weed up at 325F in the oven for 5-10 minutes before adding it to the water and butter.

Both of those canna chefs, on different sites, said that their cannabutter was OK before they started pre-baking the weed in the oven in that manner, but afterwards it became much more psychoactive and trippy.

I was just looking at cannabutter recipes and methods online the other day, and the time to simmer is all over the place, from 30min to 12hrs.

Also, a couple of peeps mentioned heating the weed up at 325F in the oven for 5-10 minutes before adding it to the water and butter.

Both of those canna chefs, on different sites, said that their cannabutter was OK before they started pre-baking the weed in the oven in that manner, but afterwards it became much more psychoactive and trippy.

If I ever get a grow big enough to have edible surplus I will try that pre bake method, just still have nightmares about burning butter (maybe I should of let it cool some, but wasn't my weed so wanted to get every last drop) on my hands as I squeezed the remains of 2 oz of weed in cheesecloth (two batches in a row of 2 oz) for my provider. I never really wanna do that much again without a press of some kind or some easier method. Maybe if I had placed the cheesecloth sock in a bowl and placed another bowl on top and squeezed I probably wouldn't of gotten burned....NOW I THINK OF THAT:smokin:.

And this would be another recommendation from that experience, you should take the butter you just made and let settle in the fridge and put it back in a pan of water and re-heat it to same temp as you used for steeping the thc out into the butter. This is to take all the nasty leftover plant tastes and steep them into the clean water below, the more the water the better, you won't lose much thc but alot of the unpleasant flavor's will be gone. Just refrig that pan and pull the semi-clarified butter off the top of it to use for cooking.

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in on the eating vs. smoking. I made chocolates and ate MJ for the first time a few months ago. If I have the time I prefer eating over smoking any day. Just be careful not to eat too much unless that is your thing of course. Takes a while to come on but like most things, well worth the wait. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom