OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

I was just looking at cannabutter recipes and methods online the other day, and the time to simmer is all over the place, from 30min to 12hrs.

Also, a couple of peeps mentioned heating the weed up at 325F in the oven for 5-10 minutes before adding it to the water and butter.

Both of those canna chefs, on different sites, said that their cannabutter was OK before they started pre-baking the weed in the oven in that manner, but afterwards it became much more psychoactive and trippy.

Hi sun Thanks for the tip. I will do the bake in the oven thing first, then use GMT's method. At least on my first try. :ganjamon:

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in on the eating vs. smoking. I made chocolates and ate MJ for the first time a few months ago. If I have the time I prefer eating over smoking any day. Just be careful not to eat too much unless that is your thing of course. Takes a while to come on but like most things, well worth the wait. Good luck

Hi sonzor Coming from you, who I trust very much, makes me want to try it now:ganjamon: Soon as I get this girl done......a lot of her will be cooked. :surf:

Hi MountainHigh Thanks for the added tip of the process to reduce the plant taste.:surf:

I should cut and paste all these tips into a document and then I will have
a good guide on the whole process. Thanks.:surf:

:peace:from the cold islands

OMM I love your site. Sad thing is I could never ever keep up with ya. But all my speed reading says one thing IF ANYONE EVER needed to be MOM it's you. You are at all the threads I vist and always offering some good strokes for people. Hella Man, Dude. keep it up. Lates I'm going down for the evening maybe. GN

Hi sun Thanks for the tip. I will do the bake in the oven thing first, then use GMT's method. At least on my first try. :ganjamon:

Just don't leave it in the oven too long or the only high you gonna get is from second-hand smoke, lol.

I like edibles a lot.

The effect takes longer to come on, but lasts a lot longer than smoking, and you don't get the "stoned face" nearly as much.

Things can get hallucinogenic if you eat too much, or enough, as the case may be ;).

OMM I love your site. Sad thing is I could never ever keep up with ya. But all my speed reading says one thing IF ANYONE EVER needed to be MOM it's you. You are at all the threads I vist and always offering some good strokes for people. Hella Man, Dude. keep it up. Lates I'm going down for the evening maybe. GN

Thank You wood I'm blushing:surf: Have a good night. Lates

Just don't leave it in the oven too long or the only high you gonna get is from second-hand smoke, lol.

I like edibles a lot.

The effect takes longer to come on, but lasts a lot longer than smoking, and you don't get the "stoned face" nearly as much.

Things can get hallucinogenic if you eat too much, or enough, as the case may be ;).

Hi sun I'll be careful :surf:

Yea I know you love edibles and there must be a reason:ganjamon:

Thanks for the tip on enough......:yummy:

Hi sun I'll be careful :surf:

Yea I know you love edibles and there must be a reason:ganjamon:

Thanks for the tip on enough......:yummy:

G'day mate, I saw a flyer/handout a mate brought back from Nimbin Mardigrass a few years ago. It read,
WARNING COOKIES ARE NOT A SOFT OPTION. :rofl: It then went on to explain the dangers of it's strength and also It taking a little extra time to come on so people have more cause they think it hasn't worked then POW it hits em all at once. :rofl: That happened to the manager of a pub I lived above when I was about 20. We gave him some cake and an hour later he insisted on more cause nothin had happened then it rocked his world and took him 41/2 hrs to count the nights takings. :rofl: Sorry for the ramble :peace:

G'day mate, I saw a flyer/handout a mate brought back from Nimbin Mardigrass a few years ago. It read,
WARNING COOKIES ARE NOT A SOFT OPTION. :rofl: It then went on to explain the dangers of it's strength and also It taking a little extra time to come on so people have more cause they think it hasn't worked then POW it hits em all at once. :rofl: That happened to the manager of a pub I lived above when I was about 20. We gave him some cake and an hour later he insisted on more cause nothin had happened then it rocked his world and took him 41/2 hrs to count the nights takings. :rofl: Sorry for the ramble :peace:

Hey groover I love it:surf:

I did the same thing once.......but not with cake, it was 24 hrs of creepy, bright, comic character, fun. :partyboy::clown::rofl::clown::partyboy:

I was just looking at cannabutter recipes and methods online the other day, and the time to simmer is all over the place, from 30min to 12hrs.

Also, a couple of peeps mentioned heating the weed up at 325F in the oven for 5-10 minutes before adding it to the water and butter.

Both of those canna chefs, on different sites, said that their cannabutter was OK before they started pre-baking the weed in the oven in that manner, but afterwards it became much more psychoactive and trippy.

I was just talking to my friend, he was the one with the bad ass Muffin experience. I mentioned to him about how OMM was thinking of eating some and he still says that what we did that day was make a sort of Hallucinagenic. We just chopped it up as fine as we could and stired it constantly to keep it from burning, and straight to the mix and into the oven.

No butter no mess.

Hi OMM, hope you're getting warmed up.

I found something that relates to the idea of preheating your weed to activate the thc.

"However, it is easy to make sure all the THC is decarboxylated and is at full strength before it is extracted. Although decarboxylation takes place rapidly at 106° C, it proceeds at a more gradual pace by placing the cannabis in a room with low relative humidity and room temperature. As the temperature rises, the rate of decarboxylation increases.

Cannabis can also be placed in a food dehydrator to remove the carboxyl group. Although the heat in the food dehydrator doesn't rise to 106° C, the temperature is warm enough to promote drying and the release of the water and CO2. When the marijuana is crispy and brittle you can be assured that the carboxyl group has been removed from the cannabinoids and they are ready for extraction or removal from the plant material."

If 325 F is used to preheat you will lose thc rather than decarboxylate it(see Setting Sun's comment on second hand smoke, lol). Try your vape at 300F-325F, you will get a buzz, because some of the thc is vaporized at that temp.
If you wish to activate the thc prior to use, then 220F should be sufficient without actually losing any thc vapors.

I assume there is loss when cooking but there's no way around the required temps at that stage.

Just more info, I don't know from experience how accurate these temps are, but a vaporizer buzz at 275F proves to me that thc at least begins to volatize at that temp or somewhere close so I would use a lower temp to activate my weed if I was going that route.

Yeah, Riverworld was a great book, I really enjoyed Heinlein's "Number of the Beast", kinda follows a similar fantasy line, but you just fall in love with the character's. After I started reading in my 20's I was voracious and the public library is awesome. I should of been absorbing the classics but the stuff I read was much more enjoyable. :smokin:

I liked horror novels too. Like "In the dark" by OMM, a story about a girl seeking immortality and it being denied by a loving father who secretly wants to just prepare her for the inevitability of death and dismemberment. In later chapters, the plot takes a twist as the dead girl rises from the ashes in a cloud of smoke to take the father on a journey of discovery and adventure deeper into the land of "Couch"....:roorrip:

Just smoked a taste of my Frost Lotus (bagseed). :smokin:

:peace: from the mountains.

I must of missed that earlier.

"in the Dark" by OMM! Priceless! +Rep for that one. :cheer:

:peace:

Hi OMM, hope you're getting warmed up.

I found something that relates to the idea of preheating your weed to activate the thc.

"However, it is easy to make sure all the THC is decarboxylated and is at full strength before it is extracted. Although decarboxylation takes place rapidly at 106° C, it proceeds at a more gradual pace by placing the cannabis in a room with low relative humidity and room temperature. As the temperature rises, the rate of decarboxylation increases.

Cannabis can also be placed in a food dehydrator to remove the carboxyl group. Although the heat in the food dehydrator doesn't rise to 106° C, the temperature is warm enough to promote drying and the release of the water and CO2. When the marijuana is crispy and brittle you can be assured that the carboxyl group has been removed from the cannabinoids and they are ready for extraction or removal from the plant material."

If 325 F is used to preheat you will lose thc rather than decarboxylate it(see Setting Sun's comment on second hand smoke, lol). Try your vape at 300F-325F, you will get a buzz, because some of the thc is vaporized at that temp.
If you wish to activate the thc prior to use, then 220F should be sufficient without actually losing any thc vapors.

I assume there is loss when cooking but there's no way around the required temps at that stage.

Just more info, I don't know from experience how accurate these temps are, but a vaporizer buzz at 275F proves to me that thc at least begins to volatize at that temp or somewhere close so I would use a lower temp to activate my weed if I was going that route.

Thanks Mmmmick That will help us all. Thanks for the work in finding it.
Your 420 personified.:surf:

Back
Top Bottom