OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

]Thank You! My good friend and confidant Lavendar :) Glad you have a Moby too. She doesn't complain, just grows like crazy. :grinjoint: Low maintenance girl.

Sorry about the Black Berry. She sounded tasty. ;) Note to self, be careful with nycd, picky.

Since I don't clone. I have a question for you. If you take a clone in flower, will it automatically be in flower when she is planted? Seems likely to me.
Have a good evening and I hope you can actually get some sleep! :)

well from what info i can glean, you remove all the buds, leave the leaves; like a regen....and she has to turn back to veg to regen. or the light makes her do it....i have a couple of ducks trying now in the clone chamber...nice and green, and not making buds but not making roots yet either...so its a wait and see....i took them before they showed flowers, but app. they were already bent that way, so after i cloned them they got these itty bitty clusters on them, which never got larger, light? and now are trying to grow leaves, but the cutting cant concentrate on roots, as its doing two things at once...so waiting to see...so its one of my learning processes...L:reading420magazine:

Hi OMM

I took a couple of clones in flower on Aug 9th. app 5 weeks in. 6 weeks after cutting, one of the clones has progressed beyond the single leaf stage of reveg, the other is still shedding bud and has yet to grow new leaves. Different plants, same strain from seed.
Flowering clones will slowly shed the bud and begin growing single leaves at 4 weeks or so. Then the usual tri lobe leaves will show up. At this point the clone is fully revegged and could, though still small, be put into flower.
Figure on at least a month and a half from cutting before the clones are fully revegged, possibly longer. I haven't read or experienced anything to do with flowering clones being placed under a flowering light regime immediately after being cut.

Wow! Nothing like seeing a spread of quality bud laid out for your viewing pleasure like delicate pastries on a dessert cart. Amazing work my man.

The Kush, and Skunk look dangerous:) Perhaps one of 'em will be your 10?

Oh no, it got down to 51*! Bet you islanders thought Pele was really pissed off about something.

Think I had some of that Hawaiian bud G-man mentioned. Had a friend that scored some in the islands around '75 or so, brought some back to share. Never laughed so hard, and for so long in my life. Truly was like an acid high, haven't experienced a high quite like it since.

Ummm, day 57, and this baby is till show'in 90% clear! Now I know I cut Wanda waaaaay too early....I'd chopped her at day 56! Like yourself, I plan on at least 25% - 50% amber before I take her daughter.

If your able to function with all that prime med around, my hat's off to ya....my skinny butt would be super glued to the couch:tokin:

It's been a hell of an adventure since that first indoor box grow.....done good.

Aloha

Hi OldSkoool! Just wrote a long answer to this and hit the wrong key....there it went. Grrrrr! Takes the wind out of my sails.:smokin::smokin:

Thanks for the compliment! :) :)

The VK and the Skunks may just be the 10 I look for. We'll see. :popcorn:

OH! For sure we froze our butts. Very few of us have heaters or fireplaces.
Turn on the oven and open the door! :):):):):):)

If I ever run into that strain over here, I will do my best to get some to grow!:grinjoint:

OH No! Just think how good she would have been! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

I think over the years of smoking good stuff from here I have built up my tolerance to THC. I smoke much more now for the same effect. Bummer.:smokin:

That old grow box taught me a lot of things I'll never forget!

Aloha!

Hi Lavendar and Mmmmick! :cheer:

Well, you two sound alike in your experience with taking clones while in flower.
Sounds really slow and drawn out to me. Course if it is a rare strain or a favorite I can understand taking a clone.

Guess I will continue with seeds for a while longer. No offense to either of you. Your both great growers, but don't think I'm ready for it yet. :)

OldMedMan... brother, you do such nice work. All one has to do is to look at the pics; the love and care you put into them babies is apparent.
It's so nice to see others putting their hearts into their work... +rep

Well Hello there Captain Kronic :)

Thank you for the nice words. I was just out talking to the girls. Your right, I love my plants. They give me love back most of the time. It is still amazing to me that they just thrive here. Thanks again! :cheer:

Hi OMM

I took a couple of clones in flower on Aug 9th. app 5 weeks in. 6 weeks after cutting, one of the clones has progressed beyond the single leaf stage of reveg, the other is still shedding bud and has yet to grow new leaves. Different plants, same strain from seed.
Flowering clones will slowly shed the bud and begin growing single leaves at 4 weeks or so. Then the usual tri lobe leaves will show up. At this point the clone is fully revegged and could, though still small, be put into flower.
Figure on at least a month and a half from cutting before the clones are fully revegged, possibly longer. I haven't read or experienced anything to do with flowering clones being placed under a flowering light regime immediately after being cut.

You have to be one dedicated individual to attempt cloning that deep into flowering. All the transformations and complications and processes that can go wrong. Better strengths in numbers. I see people fail cloning all the time under ideal circumstances.

Recently I cloned some Purple Kush and Purple Passion. I decided to do it about a week after I had set the lighting to 12-12. Not really in flower yet, I know. So I just put them in a little bubble cloner I built myself. I take a Ziplock storage container and drill holes in it (probably 1/4" or probably less) and poke a tube from an aquarium pump into it. I used bottled water because that is what I drink and have around. I just forgot about them and grew such an extensive root system I had to use scissors and carefully cut the lid apart to get them out of there. Those two stains cloned really well. A couple of years ago I tried to clone Big Bud in veg. It was nearly impossible. I do know why, but 1 out 10 grew roots no matter what I did. I tried the bubbler and I even had an aquarium heater in that one. I tried two different kinds of rooting hormone. I thought I just didn't have what it takes to clone. Looking back the one thing that was different is that I was using HID lighting when I was cloning. Now I use CFLs. I think cloning is easier with CFLs. Not that my experiment is perfect, but that is the only other variable besides strain. Some folks think some strains are harder to clone than others.

Now I think that I should clone more I need to insure that I get what I need. Then I feel like a murderer when I have to kill the extra clones. In fact I have a couple of plants around now that I don't want because I cloned too many and do not have the hear to kill them.

Hi Lavendar and Mmmmick! :cheer:

Well, you two sound alike in your experience with taking clones while in flower.
Sounds really slow and drawn out to me. Course if it is a rare strain or a favorite I can understand taking a clone.

Guess I will continue with seeds for a while longer. No offense to either of you. Your both great growers, but don't think I'm ready for it yet. :)

It is indeed a drawn out process. I'm trying to find the best pheno out of my WW's so I took clones from each at a more appropriate time in the cycle but they all failed in the extended heat this summer. I didn't have much extra growth to clone from at that point but two of the small buds I cut have rooted and one of them is looking good, the other is slower.

I understand your use of seeds rather than clones OMM, particularly since you like to try new strains. I'm looking for consistency under the scrog so clones are the best way to go for my purpose. No offense to be taken just different objectives. It's all good.:grinjoint:

Hi All! :)

Well here is the dry weights for this harvest!

The SLH :grinjoint:
SLHdry.jpg

The Church :grinjoint:
chruchdry.jpg

The SSH :grinjoint:
SSHDRY.jpg

The Moby Dick :grinjoint:
mobydry.jpg

OK! Lets see what we have for a total!

Columbian Gold 81 grams
Super Lemon Haze 106 grams
Super Silver Haze 38 grams
The Church 77 grams
Moby Dick 143 grams

For a total of, trumpets please! 445 grams or almost a pound! Happy! Happy!

Smoke Report!

Columbian Gold. Just like we remember her. Smooth fruity/kind of spiciness taste and a A good spacey, silly high! :smokin: 9

Super Lemon Haze. A distinct lemon flavor, easy on the throat and a very up high. 8 to 9.

The Church A bit on the musky side, but good taste and a really nice indica stone. Very close to couchlock, but not overwhelming. 9 I'm in love!

Super Sliver Haze Fruity taste and easy to smoke. 9 A very up silly high!

Moby Dick A very powerful stone. Sweet taste I can't place. Smokes nicely and is one the best strains I have ever smoked! A very solid 9 !!

Well, there you go....all good smoke and some great! Just what the doctor ordered! :cheer:

:reading420magazine: Now that's a great collection of meds. You've totally outdone yourself my man. The fam sends there hello's.

Congrats and possitive vibes to you U.J.:cheer:

Cool Pop's and next trip you might incress your harvest 40-50%. Well congradulations on a completed trip. Waiting to see whats ondeck. I'll wait for the pic's. Also I think I'm going to try some Moby Dick. Well enjoy the rewards

It is indeed a drawn out process. I'm trying to find the best pheno out of my WW's so I took clones from each at a more appropriate time in the cycle but they all failed in the extended heat this summer. I didn't have much extra growth to clone from at that point but two of the small buds I cut have rooted and one of them is looking good, the other is slower.

I understand your use of seeds rather than clones OMM, particularly since you like to try new strains. I'm looking for consistency under the scrog so clones are the best way to go for my purpose. No offense to be taken just different objectives. It's all good.:grinjoint:

Hi My Friend Yep, that's all it is, different objectives. :) Planing my next grow. When the ones I'm growing now finish. I think I'll start a new journal this one's getting kinda long now. Also will take a couple of weeks off, just to rest. It will be what we've talked about, kind of perpetual.

Germing a bunch right now. I just had 4 plants just up an die on me, small 6"
ones, so gonna look for the reason that happened. Bad bag of soil? Don't know. Gonna clean everything with bleach and try again. The mysteries of growing. :) Hope your clones go well. :grinjoint:

Fine, Fine work old man! Remember those spindly plants you used to grow? No more! Those buds look simply outstanding. Pretty work my friend. :adore:

Good to see you OBX! Yes, I sure remember them, hard to forget! But I did learn from them. :popcorn: Thanks for the good words! :grinjoint:

:reading420magazine: Now that's a great collection of meds. You've totally outdone yourself my man. The fam sends there hello's.

Congrats and possitive vibes to you U.J.:cheer:

Hi my good friend Sisco :blunt: I have a great time now....I look at them and try to decide which to smoke this time. :yahoo: Fat City! :)

Uncle OMM wishes you all well! :)

I'll take good vibes anytime! :cheer:

Hey, OMM! I've been following along, and your plants and harvest have left me speechless.:dreamy:
What an excellent yield and smoke report!
I'd like to get some CG and SSH, and make Super Golden Haze! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Absolutely wonderful job, OMM!:bravo:

Hi tricome :) Coming from you that's a big compliment! Thank You! ;)

Super Golden Haze has a nice ring to it! :)

Thanks again ! :)

Cool Pop's and next trip you might incress your harvest 40-50%. Well congradulations on a completed trip. Waiting to see whats ondeck. I'll wait for the pic's. Also I think I'm going to try some Moby Dick. Well enjoy the rewards

Hi Wood I feel honored.....you actually wrote something! :tokin:
Gonna try to increase each time. I can do it, thanks to all your good advice!
Moby is Good! Gonna grow some more too. Enjoying them right now! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom