Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Love the frost on the GCa, and nice work on the schlepping! Now I've got you and @Carcass doing it. :high-five:

Do you think your tent-grown autos get bigger before flowering than your outdoor ones? I wonder if I kept autos in the tent until they flowered I'd do better than leaving them outside.

Sorry about the mold though. :(

I didn’t know whether to love your post or be sad!
I know right?
The Zamal has my pareidolia kicking in!
LOL!

When you do the low and slow, do you use paper bags or jars? I’ve only tried it once with paper bags so far.
I do use paper bags, and I leave the top open. I feel their breathability is pretty important.
I didn’t know whether to love your post or be sad!
No worries on the bud loss. I'll still get somewhere around 2 oz out of that plant.
I’m curious, since you are taking them in and out, what kind of IPM are you following?
To be honest I'm not doing any IPM (integrated pest management). The only thing I currently have under the lights is the Gorilla Cookies and 3 small regs that I'm keeping just long enough to find out the sex, then probably give away the females. My indoor grow area is just a folding table with two cardboard walls. The rest of it is open to the garage. Pests really have never been much of a problem for me other than the moth/caterpillars and they only come out at night after the plants are already in the garage.
Do you think your tent-grown autos get bigger before flowering than your outdoor ones? I wonder if I kept autos in the tent until they flowered I'd do better than leaving them outside
Yes I do. I've grown 14 autos before this year. All outdoor after the first week or two. Only one of them was of decent size and yielded about 2 oz. All three of this year's autos are looking great in comparison. Pretty sure I will get more than 2 oz from each of them. With a 20/4 light schedule, American Pie is clearly my fattest and densest buds from an auto.
Nice work on the schlepping! Now I've got you and @Carcass doing it. :high-five:
I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I stick my autos in the box with the Gorilla Glue every night for about 10 hours, and I don't do any IPM either- so far, I haven't seen any bugs on them, except for a little spider, and he gets to stay...
I won't be doing it for much longer- the GG's going to need more space real soon.
Maybe it's the heat this year, but I haven't seen so much as an aphid or a whitefly on the outside girls...
That said, they'll probably be covered with bugs tonight... :oops:

Here's a quick misc. update on my What Widows.
The seeds for these came from my son's White Widow plant that he grew in his backyard last season. They got pollenated by a neighbor's unknown male. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them. I might keep one female, and maybe one male to try my hand at some controlled pollination. I am keeping these under lights 20/4 with about 7 hrs of outdoor sunshine when I remember. They are currently getting fed 4.0g of MC and some CalMag.

This one is about 36 days old and has grown normally since sprout. I've topped it once already and have now begun some LST. I'm not sure when would be a good time to flip - I'm thinking in a week or two. I don't need it to be very large.

Now at day 36, this is the one that got its stem chewed on a couple days after sprout and I buried it up to its leaves in soil. It stayed dormant for a few weeks before starting to grow. It's looking pretty good now.

And here's WW#5. It's come a long way from its discovery after a week in the dark and in nothing but a damp paper towel. I've even topped it once already. Day 35ish.

Here's a quick misc. update on my What Widows.
The seeds for these came from my son's White Widow plant that he grew in his backyard last season. They got pollenated by a neighbor's unknown male. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them. I might keep one female, and maybe one male to try my hand at some controlled pollination. I am keeping these under lights 20/4 with about 7 hrs of outdoor sunshine when I remember. They are currently getting fed 4.0g of MC and some CalMag.

This one is about 36 days old and has grown normally since sprout. I've topped it once already and have now begun some LST. I'm not sure when would be a good time to flip - I'm thinking in a week or two. I don't need it to be very large.

Now at day 36, this is the one that got its stem chewed on a couple days after sprout and I buried it up to its leaves in soil. It stayed dormant for a few weeks before starting to grow. It's looking pretty good now.

And here's WW#5. It's come a long way from its discovery after a week in the dark and in nothing but a damp paper towel. I've even topped it once already. Day 35ish.
I’m discovering for some reason that makes no dang sense to me but my plants love my grow light better then the actual sun. I had been providing supplemental light till 11:30 at night and sun all day long for my autos and they have done not much the past 2 weeks but when I dumped them in a tent on my deck and provided 24 lights to see if I could urge them on they took off only after 3 days. I don’t get it…….. These plants are supose to grow great under the sun, right???

I’m discovering for some reason that makes no dang sense to me but my plants love my grow light better then the actual sun. I had been providing supplemental light till 11:30 at night and sun all day long for my autos and they have done not much the past 2 weeks but when I dumped them in a tent on my deck and provided 24 lights to see if I could urge them on they took off only after 3 days. I don’t get it…….. These plants are supose to grow great under the sun, right???
Correlation does not equal causality. It's a common misconception that the last thing we did with our plants before they thrived/died was the key to success/failure. In reality, your autos were growing roots to enable the tops to grow, and they more than likely would have done that with or without the grow light.

when I dumped them in a tent on my deck and provided 24 lights to see if I could urge them on they took off only after 3 days. I don’t get it…….. These plants are supose to grow great under the sun, right???
It could have been the lights on for 24 hrs... autos are weird sometimes.
In reality, your autos were growing roots to enable the tops to grow, and they more than likely would have done that with or without the grow light.
Very true. :thanks:
I love your garden, and those carts!! Brilliant!! Your journal is filled with fabulous photos :green_heart:
:welcome: @Rexer Thank you so much for stopping by and for the very kind words!

Had a lazy day yesterday. Wife and I sat in the hot tub in the morning and the grandson made a surprise visit a couple hours later. :cool:

Do you ever hear anything about your plant’s smell from your neighbors?
Never. Not even a single comment. I don't think any of them even realize I grow. Considering the wind direction, the neighbor that is downwind is really at least 100 ft away, so probably would never get a strong enough whiff to realize what it is or where it's coming from. :cool:

but our Sundance has the pillows attached.
When our pillows deteriorated after only a few years, we bought new ones, but now store them outside the hot tub, and just attach them when we want to use them. Nice catch on the Sundance brand - model Optima 880. :cool:

Yup. Got about 3 years out of the first set. The 2nd set is now about 8 yrs and still looking good.

I was at my son's house yesterday and got a chance to see his plants. I think they are looking much nicer than his grow from last year. He is still using GeoFlora Veg (1 cup every two weeks per plant), and occasionally some homemade CalMag.
The Red Dragon has gone into flower, and the others are close. Here they are individually:

They are looking great. He’s doing a fine job and is sure applying his training well.

Is that Dresden G Diamond bearing fruit? ;)

D0FF3D60-BAE7-49A6-B496-BAC0245E3CA0.jpeg

Yeah it's the green tomato pheno.:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom